NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

If we sign Ghehi for 70mil. I wonder if going forwards we'll starting using our scouting setup (lol), to start finding lesser known players. I understand in this situation we need to sign someone who is guaranteed quality in the prem. Fair enough, makes sense. 

However, you continue shopping in that price range it's gonna be the case of bringing in one starter every season. Probably not the most efficient way to challenge for the title. 

Edited by Weezertron

4 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

If we sign Ghehi for 70mil. I wonder if going forwards we'll starting using our scouting setup (lol), to start finding lesser known players. I understand in this situation we need to sign someone who is guaranteed quality in the prem. Fair enough, makes sense. 

However, you continue shopping in that price range it's gonna be the case of bringing in one starter every season. Probably not the most efficient way to challenge for the title. 

This is my gripe for seemingly looking at players based in the PL. No value at all. 

4 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Yes I think Mitchel will be key for this and in this PSR world it’s vital until it changes (a bit) 

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Dunno like, him having to run the story by sky first and the amount of corroboration they tend to have to have before running a story kind of rings true 

Just watched it now. Hadn't realised he'd said he needs to give it to Sky first. 

Elanga shares a lot of similar attributes with Anthony Gordon, in fact there isn't many things that Gordon is capable of that Elanga isn’t, he just hasn’t put it all together yet consistently but he has age on his side to do that

I don’t know what Elanga’s footballing IQ is like which might be the difference, as Gordon’s comes across as being quite high with his off the ball movement in the box which might be what holds Elanga back from performing at a similar level.

The question is do we want someone with similar attributes to Gordon down the right or do we need a more technical player?

It wouldn’t bother me that Man Utd thought him not good enough, in fact I like the idea of one of their youngsters coming here and fulfilling their potential, same goes for Madueke and Chelsea.

Edited by Matt1892

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

A player we’ve been linked with previously Roger Fernandes from Braga, only 18 years of age left footed and plays either flank.

In summary the perfect project player we should be taking a punt on and backing Howe to develop.

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/roger-fernandes-the-player-beyond-the-noise/

I agree. Supposedly he is good at high pressing and Howe would want that. 

a rumour 

Argentinian, 22, CDM

“Newcastle have plans for Santiago Hezze and could make an offer to Olympiakos in this transfer market.
He went to the Olympic Games and is in the orbit of the National Team.”

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

a rumour 

Argentinian, 22, CDM

“Newcastle have plans for Santiago Hezze and could make an offer to Olympiakos in this transfer market.
He went to the Olympic Games and is in the orbit of the National Team.”

That is a fairly decent source I believe