NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

23 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

If we can't get a RW with our budget, I hope Eddie is already trying other players in the role during training and having them study the position. Any attacking minded CM that will struggle to start or If Trippier stays, maybe get Tino on RW. Not that I'm against Miggy/Murphy starting, but with their tendency to run hot or cold - a third option that has genuine quality would be good to come in when/if they struggle.

Why not Barnes left, Gordon right ?

11 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Given that Miggy and Murphy do exactly what Howe asks of them, I don’t think the thought has crossed his mind tbh.

Wonder why we were looking at RW options then.  

Nah, I get your point.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Be reluctant to move Gordon away from his best position. 

Gordon is a gamer. I don't see a drop off if he gets a run of games there, or upfront, or as an 8, or as a right or left back even. He will be productive IMO.

But I understand the sentiment.

However, if no right winger comes in, and the alternative is Murphy or Almiron ...

I'm having Barnes left and Gordon right all day every day. Or I'm just throwing Barnes out on the right and telling him to figure it out if he wants to start.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Gordon is a gamer. I don't see a drop off if he gets a run of games there, or upfront, or as an 8, or as a right or left back even. He will be productive IMO.

But I understand the sentiment.

However, if no right winger comes in, and the alternative is Murphy or Almiron ...

I'm having Barnes left and Gordon right all day every day. Or I'm just throwing Barnes out on the right and telling him to figure it out if he wants to start.

Yeah I do think it’s the way we will go tbh.

I think Gordon has the football IQ to play effectively on the right. I also think a three of Barnes, Isak and Gordon can be really flexible. All can take up different positions, I think it could be very exciting. However, I would love to see a RW signed (and a CB and a DM).

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah I do think it’s the way we will go tbh.

Honestly, starting Murphy or Almiron while Barnes sits on the bench is criminal at this point.

Worst case scenario I'm putting Barnes on the right, even if he's never featured there before.

I appreciate the character, professionalism and commitment of Murphy and Almiron, but either of them starting is just getting too much now.

Just now, KaKa said:

Honestly, starting Murphy or Almiron while Barnes sits on the bench is criminal at this point.

Worst case scenario I'm putting Barnes on the right, even if he's never featured there before.

I appreciate the character, professionalism and commitment of Murphy and Almiron, but either of them starting is just getting too much now.

Couldn’t agree more tbh.

26 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Be reluctant to move Gordon away from his best position. 

Is our best XI currently with him left and Miggy or Murphy right or Barnes left Gordon right ?

14 minutes ago, Tonalis Bookie said:

id like to see barnes tried on the right and have him cutting in. Never seen him even tried on the right but cutting in may give Tino the room to get in behind on the overlap

Barnes is right footed though.

5 minutes ago, madras said:

Is our best XI currently with him left and Miggy or Murphy right or Barnes left Gordon right ?

No idea yet as Barnes hasn’t played enough. Barnes is a better player than Miggy and Murphy though. 

18 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think he’d be concerned about Barnes exposing Longstaff / Tino, but Barnes on the left comes with the benefit of the rock that is Joelinton behind him. 

Gordon may be slightly less effective on the right, but the front three doesn’t need to be static and it seems like any drop off from Gordon on the right is more than made up for by Barnes over Murphy / Miggy.

Howe may also be less inclined to do this though with a new / makeshift back four.

If Howe listened to the out of position nonce brigade on here, we'd be playing Trippier or Livramento at left back, Isak on the wing, Schar in central midfield and Barnes on the right wing :lol: Just play the damn players in the positions they are best and most comfortable with. 

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

If Howe listened to the out of position nonce brigade on here, we'd be playing Trippier or Livramento at left back, Isak on the wing, Schar in central midfield and Barnes on the right wing :lol: Just play the damn players in the positions they are best and most comfortable with. 

:lol:

Agreed. It’s up to the player to impress in training and when given his chance make best use of it. Competition for a spot is great, and implies depth. Sadly it’s about the only position we do have sufficient depth, but it’s a start! 😆 big clubs have this for most their positions, it’s how they deal better with injuries, extra games and get the most out of players. 

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Gordon could well be as effective on the right, his first games for us were there and he played there often enough at Everton. He could have had as good a last season but just happened to be on the left.

Fwiw when Miggy first came he played on the left a good bit and looked good. I wouldn't say either has to be left or right sided 

Edited by madras

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Out of position nonce brigade? What a disgusting uncalled for comment.

Yes, good thing Howe always stuck rigidly to everyone's main position and kept with Joelinton upfront.

Dumbass.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Out of position nonce brigade? What a disgusting uncalled for comment.

Yes, good thing Howe always stuck rigidly to everyone's main position and kept with Joelinton upfront.

Dumbass.

Are you OK man? 

16 minutes ago, Conjo said:

At times Howe has been the leader of the out of position nonce brigade.