NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

26 minutes ago, Conjo said:

If Howe listened to the out of position nonce brigade on here, we'd be playing Trippier or Livramento at left back, Isak on the wing, Schar in central midfield and Barnes on the right wing :lol: Just play the damn players in the positions they are best and most comfortable with. 

We'd also have Joelinton in midfield. 

Edited by gazza ladra

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

Tbf Joelinton is quite the exception. Most players don’t contribute THAT much more then normal when played in an unfamiliar role.

Paul warhurst was a phenom at sheff wed 😂 

2 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Tbf Joelinton is quite the exception. Most players don’t contribute THAT much more then normal when played in an unfamiliar role.

We're talking about playing a winger on the opposite side for goodness sake not in goal.

41 minutes ago, Lotus said:

It's not really that unfamiliar for Gordon.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

It's not really that unfamiliar for Gordon.

5 goals, 3 assists in 35 games from RW and that's before his massive spurt the last year. If he gets a few more in each column now and you have Barnes getting 10-12 from the left which he's proven the last 4-5 years that he's capable of, I don't know why it wouldn't work.

Screenshot_20240823-182928.png

1 hour ago, gazza ladra said:

We'd also have Joelinton in midfield. 

Coincidentally I never saw anyone advocating for playing him out of position him in midfield until Howe tried it, and besides, it was done out of necessity due to a red card. :lol:

It's getting desperate in here mind, 

I'm just hoping for fantastic players on loan. 

But no link whatsoever.

😂 "I'm going crazy I tell you crazy" 

Rik mayall rip. 

Coming to the conclusion where either going to play a blinder here and end up with Guler on loan and a top CB, or we’ve literally put all our eggs in one basket and end up with nowt.

If the latter happens the shit will hit the fan as we still look short in my opinion, stand still and you go backwards in this league, big pressure on Eales and Mitchell to pull something out the bag here.

Tin hat here - but I don't really feel that arsed about new signings personally yi kna. I actually think we'll have a much better season for being out of Europe and with Tonali back and hopefully a fit bill of health across the squad I reckon we'll do some damage flying under the radar.

What fucks me off more is the absolutely farcical FFP/PSR/whatever new fucking acronym they've made up to prevent us competing financially is thrown up and at us and also the fact we're having to consider the potential of moving from SJP simply to maximise revenue to get around said acronyms ASAP.

Soul feels like it's gonna be sucked from the club and we're not even gonna bear the fruits of allowing that to happen. Football is so fucked in this country man. Disgraceful.

Edited by Heron