NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 minute ago, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

Transfers are done by commitee arnt they which Howe is part of along with Mitchell, Eales and Nickson so surely a failure in thia window is the responsibility of everyone on the committee.

How do we know Howe hasnt been offered players from Europe by the scouting team but Eddie has said no to them as he prefers PL experienced players, which he has leaned towards during his time here. (14 out of 18 first team signings have been signed from british teams or are british)

Or 18/18 transfers took us from relegation to genuine European challengers every year 

21 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Agreed he’s definitely one and so was Hujisen, we haven’t done smart business like that for a long time, let’s hope bucks the trend

Chiesa at 11m could have been another steal or even Jonathon Rowe who went for about 10m. Cherki is available for 13m or so. 

quite a few bargains available to improve the squad. 

Yes. This is because you must buy abroad. 

2 minutes ago, jigen said:

Yes. This is because you must buy abroad. 

No - I actually like the Will Osula purchase, it's promise of that ilk I meant, that sort of price range with a high upside, Rowe is also around there or thereabouts also from the Championship

Not necessarily abroad for the sake of sexy names. 

But Guehi for 70m vs Milenkovic or Hujisen at 13m - I would choose the latter as it's boxing smart. Guehi is great but in a time where our limits are constrained, Guehi isn't 45m better (and the potential risk and difficulty it would cause us down the line to get other positions filled). Remember, Schar is already first team, Botman is coming back in a few months and Lascelles beyond that. Next summer or this January coming up they can scour and get the right game changer if available - e.g contract winding down etc. 

4 minutes ago, Slim said:

Guessing we ain't getting Noni now if he's in the first team.

Difficult to tell when it comes to Chelsea.

Gallagher was the club captain after all.

35 minutes ago, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

Transfers are done by commitee arnt they which Howe is part of along with Mitchell, Eales and Nickson so surely a failure in thia window is the responsibility of everyone on the committee.

How do we know Howe hasnt been offered players from Europe by the scouting team but Eddie has said no to them as he prefers PL experienced players, which he has leaned towards during his time here. (14 out of 18 first team signings have been signed from british teams or are british)

How do you know he has? The way people repeat this supposition as if it’s fact astounds me

DCL strikes me as very similar to the Callum Wilson we bought, who has since improved. With Trippier the other way, yeah, could be very good business.

As for Chelsea, the presence of so many unsellable players may mean they don't get to keep to some of the others they actually want.

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I could stomach Trippier going to Everton a little easier if we ended up with DCL. Still think he'd be an underrated transfer. 

Worst swap ever - Trippier is still a great RB

37 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

How do you know he has? The way people repeat this supposition as if it’s fact astounds me

Didnt say he had, just meant we dont know whats gone on behind closed doors and Howe is just as responsible as the rest of the transfer committee if we get nobody in by Friday

We badly need some new energy in the team. Doesnt look great. And not sure what Howe is doing anymore. Seems like the team is affraid of everything.

4 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Please buy some players this week. 

But we scored so many goals last year we don’t need a winger 

apparently 

50 minutes ago, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

Didnt say he had, just meant we dont know whats gone on behind closed doors and Howe is just as responsible as the rest of the transfer committee if we get nobody in by Friday

That the bloke who admitted he has nothing to do with the deals? Honestly this fucking place

Dare I say it, I'd actually stick Miggy on for Murphy. I think he'd hold the ball up far better and push forward to get in behind

Even Barnes for Gordon may be a goer, albeit a little later at 70 minutes

Edited by Willow

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Serious question need to be asked if we still have almiron and Murphy as our first choice wingers after 5 windows have passed to replace them. Absolutely shocking if that happens 

Very concerning if this is the situation when the window closes.