NUFC Transfer Rumours

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I literally don't know what's real anymore :lol:

That's not how I see it. I think even with the squad we have, if we find form we are a dark horse for top 5/6. But I think that's how the outside are perceiving us now.

Just have to look at all the media and there predictions for this season etc. We are definitely flying under the radar, probably due to our lack of activity in the market compared to the others around us.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I literally don't know what's real anymore :lol:

Upper mid-table means 7-9th right? You think that's a wild statement? Bookmakers generally have us coming 6th, because of the impact of Europe on Villa otherwise would be 7th at best.

2 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

Upper mid-table means 7-9th right? You think that's a wild statement? Bookmakers generally have us coming 6th, because of the impact of Europe on Villa otherwise would be 7th at best.

Makes no sense to me at all, but it's all about opinions I guess. 

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

What part doesn't make sense?

All I was saying was, to outsiders, we may no longer be seen as the next big thing. Think of the momentum we had coming off the back off that champions league season and compare it to now. 

We are now out of Europe this season.

We haven't been able to kick on and sign the players we need to progress the team forward so far this summer and have needed to sell a couple.

Now internally as fans we know we have Tonali coming back, unlikely to get an injury crisis as bad as last year and we all have faith in Eddie. 

But it certainly isn't insane to suggest that to the rest of the world we may now bee seen as a 7-8th team rather than a nailed on top 4 challenger. 

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

What do you think then, 5th is basically guaranteed and good chance we get 3rd? If not I'm not sure how you think it's a wild statement :)

I'm not speaking about my opinion either btw, I'm talking about the perception of the media and any potential signings possible impressions. I'm probably seen as delusional but think if we run good with injuries and have a bit of luck we can get 3rd, my point is I keep seeing people saying why didn't we sign x,y and z without actually considering if they'd want to join us, Marmawhateverthefuck he's called who's signing for Liverpool, never gave any indication he wanted to sign for us, words coming out from that side at the time seemed he wasn't interested, but now a bunch of people are criticizing the club saying we should've signed him and how much we fucked up missing out, same with Chiesa but @Shadow Puppetshas just stated in Guehi channel that he wouldn't come to us because of no European football, but let's just ignore the fact of whether someone actually wants to sign or not! Just seems a bit delusional from some to not be acknowledging the current situation we find ourselves in, not referring to yourself here @AyeDubbleYoo btw, don't recollect who it was doing it just seen it a bunch from people and seems to lack any reality.  

Edited by mondonewc

The data that shows Premier League clubs are buying younger to avoid potential nightmares

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/08/27/data-shows-premier-league-clubs-buying-younger-avoid-crisis

Key points:

• In the 2014-15 season, the average age of all Premier League signings was older than 25. So far this summer, the average age of all Premier League signings is 23.
  • Players aged 26 to 30 have generated a total of £271 million in transfer fees paid by Premier League clubs this summer. For players aged 21 to 25, that figure stands at £970 million.
  • More than £300 million, meanwhile, has been spent on teenagers — compared to just £58 million for those in their 30s

Some numbers that show why now more than ever it's very difficult to shift the likes of Almiron, Wilson, Trippier, and Targett.

9 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

The data that shows Premier League clubs are buying younger to avoid potential nightmares

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/08/27/data-shows-premier-league-clubs-buying-younger-avoid-crisis

Key points:

• In the 2014-15 season, the average age of all Premier League signings was older than 25. So far this summer, the average age of all Premier League signings is 23.
  • Players aged 26 to 30 have generated a total of £271 million in transfer fees paid by Premier League clubs this summer. For players aged 21 to 25, that figure stands at £970 million.
  • More than £300 million, meanwhile, has been spent on teenagers — compared to just £58 million for those in their 30s

Some numbers that show why now more than ever it's very difficult to shift the likes of Almiron, Wilson, Trippier, and Targett.

The last part is what i feel is really holding us back... If we can't sell either RW then we are not getting a third. Even Wilson up top is holding back getting new cover for Isak.

Then you see the likes of Cancelo heading to Saudi but none of the above seemed to fancy that shift.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

Key points:

We’ve got a lovely pile of over 30s building up. Burn, Schar, Krafth, Tripps, Wilson, Fraser, Dubravka, Lascelles, Odysseus, Pope, Almiron, Ruddy, Gillespie.

16 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Key points:

One of the reasons I said I would rather pay stupid money for Guehi than £45m for Joe Gomez. He'd be worthless by the time it came to shift him.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

One of the reasons I said I would rather pay stupid money for Guehi than £45m for Joe Gomez. He'd be worthless by the time it came to shift him.

The transfer strategy has been amazing so far, I don’t know why people are so worried about it. 

21 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

We’ve got a lovely pile of over 30s building up. Burn, Schar, Krafth, Tripps, Wilson, Fraser, Dubravka, Lascelles, Odysseus, Pope, Almiron, Ruddy, Gillespie.

Most of them out of contract next summer too.

Edited by The Prophet

31 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Key points:

I’d love to see the numbers of actual transfers in those age brackets though. It could just be that players aged 26-30 fetch far less money than those that are younger, not necessarily that there are fewer transfers. 

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Most of them out of contest next summer too.

If we’re getting no dollar for them then happy to clear the decks for wage capacity. Will leave us short from a bodies perspective, particularly if we get into Europe but that’s where the Sanusi, Harrison, Shahar types can potentially start to come through.