NUFC Transfer Rumours

13 hours ago, Izakaya said:

What the club hasn't done is helped itself expand that spending power by finding new sponsors and revenue streams. The only new sponsors we've managed to find in three years is a fake events company in Saudi Arabia that's already owned by our owners. 

What a load of rubbish. Our revenue has increased loads under the new owners. I suspect also we are holding certain deals back until the Man City case results is in. Otherwise you’d of committed to lower sponsorship money.

Also you’ve to remember not everyone wants to be associated with Saudi.

Simakan would do it for me. Looks like Trippier could still give it a final shot this year. We can wait till next Jan / next summer to solve the RW.

If no new CB then this window is just absolutely unacceptable 

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

What a load of rubbish. Our revenue has increased loads under the new owners. I suspect also we are holding certain deals back until the Man City case results is in. Otherwise you’d of committed to lower sponsorship money.

No, Izakaya absolutely has a point.  The revenue could only go up - and you don’t need to ‘hold back’ on commercial deals; they can have break clauses and have one-year contracts.  The revenues have went up as they would have under any reasonably competent ownership.  We’re not even getting low-hanging fruit sponsorship from KSA.  The criticism is absolutely valid. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

No, Izakaya absolutely has a point.  The revenue could only go up - and you don’t need to ‘hold back’ on commercial deals; they can have break clauses and have one-year contracts.  The revenues have went up as they would have under any reasonably competent ownership.  We’re not even getting low-hanging fruit sponsorship from KSA.  The criticism is absolutely valid. 

Seems so obvious, maybe too obvious.

I wonder what sort of effect not signing anyone will have on our better players. We need to show them we are progressing.

As Sir Alex Ferguson used to advocate, signings are crucial even when you are winning and dominating, because it lifts morale and gives everyone a boost. It’s not just about what they can offer on the pitch, but also the effect they have on the guys already here.

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

To suggest we’ve only got Sela in is not a valid criticism like. It falls at the very first hurdle of being obviously factually incorrect.

9 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

Simikan / Guehi

Raphina / Torres / Coman

DCL / Depay (still need a sub for Isak, Osula might be too raw) 

Simikan or Guehi and Torres or Raphina sounds good to me. 

Miggy to Fulham also fine. Coman NO! 

Keep Trippier, please

No need for Isak, Wilson and Osula cover imo.

Shut the window

6 hours ago, LFEE said:

You just know that case result will get announced Monday morning when window has shut.