NUFC Transfer Rumours

26 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

There's definitely money to spend, we wouldn't even have been considering £70M if not. We wouldn't have been able to make that kind of profit up with a Dubravka or Targett sale, just wouldn't have been enough, even with amortisation. 

With 70m you can do great deals. But Howe wants PL players. 

The club will not progress so long as Howe is pulling the transfer strings. We simply won't be able to compete with the cartel 6, who run transfer business like a highly sophisticated business (which it is), if our strategy is Howe rates X player, go get him at any cost.

I know that frustrates some on here, but Hope has all but confirmed what we all suspected. Brighton just unloaded nearly a quarter billion in spending - why? Because they've invested very intelligently. We'll need to do the same if we want to progress.

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

I'm not saying don't market but the performance of the team should be the No.1 priority, that is the most powerful marketing tool we have by a mile.

Sure, but you need the proper tools (updating digital footprint) in place to make your go to market efforts effective and some actual resemblance of interest in being present in those markets. That means touring in the offseason to expand the fanbase.

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

The club will not progress so long as Howe is pulling the transfer strings. We simply won't be able to compete with the cartel 6, who run transfer business like a highly sophisticated business (which it is), if our strategy is Howe rates X player, go get him at any cost.

I know that frustrates some on here, but Hope has all but confirmed what we all suspected. Brighton just unloaded nearly a quarter billion in spending - why? Because they've invested very intelligently. We'll need to do the same if we want to progress.

Mitchell should make the market. Not Howe. This is your problem. 

Just now, The Bonk said:

Sure, but you need the proper tools (updating digital footprint) in place to make your go to market efforts effective and some actual resemblance of interest in being present in those markets. That means touring in the offseason to expand the fanbase.

is that you Darren?

2 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Brighton are never going to challenge for CL spots though. 

I'm not in the "blame Eales" camp but I'm not sure I'd have been singing on the fucking Stack stage if I was standing over an executive team I've built who only brought in Osula, Kelly and some shite keepers during a really important summer window, and following a Jan window where we also did nowt. 

It looks like amateur hour unless we can do some business quickly. Everyone around us has strengthened and we've very much stood still.

Unclear if it’s all on Howe per se. However the club’s strategy of pursuing premium English / PL talent with premium corresponding fees, surely can’t be reconciled in the medium / long-term with the underlying FFP framework.

We need to be better at identifying talent in a lower price-bracket. Yes this ultimately carries greater risk in terms of player adaptation and potential performances, but surely that’s what our scouting, recruitment and coaching teams are there to mitigate against to the greatest degree possible.

10 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

I don't buy that at all, overseas fans support the clubs that they see winning on TV (except Mike et al. obviously), I do not buy that overseas tours do anything materially significant to increase overseas fan bases. I doubt we picked up more than a few hundred new supporters on our Japan and Australia trips, and those trips could literally cost us places in the league and lose us far more potential overseas supporters than they might have gained us.

Edited by Jackie Broon

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Even I’m getting rattled at this stage and I love a good happy clap.

I'd be annoyed/confused if we don't improve the team like, no doubt. But it won't lead me to question the future of the club or owt. It's completely different to under Ashley. 

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Stocking up on pizza and popcorn for tomorrow night for the inevitable kick-off that’s going to happen when the window SLAMS SHUT. 

F5 button getting ready to be worn out when that rate our window thread drops. 

Just now, nufc123 said:

Wont judge Howe at all this season if we dont bring in players. I had high hopes for Mitchell, but if this is it its quite bad really. 

Just to make you feel better as well, the England job is available and Howe clearly told the world if it isn’t working for him he’s out. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

There is absolutely no way this is on Howe btw, I can’t imagine a scenario where he is saying sign Guehi or don’t bother. 

At this stage, it's hard to say whether it is or isn't.

Don't get why people are even blaming Mitchell though.