NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

I suppose so? I think they do need to be working together. I have just always sensed that EH doesn't see himself as a head coach (constantly refers to himself as the manager) and those comments from Eales stuck out massively. EH will not have appreciated them at all, IMO. Whether that does mean some bad shit is going on behind the scenes, who knows. But add that to the lack of progress on the first team and it's not a great look IMO.

I'm not feeling downhearted about this season, we've got a good squad with some excellent players in some positions and a fantastic head coach. It's all a bit weird transfer wise though. 

MG will probably sign tomorrow and that will be that.

What did Eales say re. Howe?

7 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

We've just lost Willock again for what's likely to be many weeks

Where is the evidence for this statement? :lol: 

People would do themselves a lot of favors on here if they didn't just make shit up that made them feel worse. :lol: 

Edited by cubaricho

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

What a lot of shite. The attitude of being relentlessly positive is more sickening than people reacting genuinely to news we’ll probably not sign anyone. It’s normal for people to want to vent and be disappointed. 

You are, of course, right - it is everybody else other than you.

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

That's all well and good and we should expect and accept a lot of disappointment for this window, but FFS some on here have been abysmal self-victimizing cynics for the whole damn summer. 

And you think being relentlessly positive is more sickening than the opposite?  Most people would probably much prefer hanging out with an optimist than a pessimistic buzzkill.

I mean if it carries on then I get you but the reports that we’ll likely sign no one only dropped an hour or 2 ago. Let people be disappointed. Then when window shuts we just need to get on with it but it’s only natural people are going to be disappointed and angry to a degree. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

We’ve never started a season under Howe where everything has clicked. Performances and results have often been up and down. 

I’m going to go and look at the Bournemouth seasons when I can be arsed. As I keep seeing this slow start mentioned and feels like it’s a bit early to be making a snap judgement. 

His first full season was 1 win in 7 in the PL I think.

Last season slightly better but performances were wild.

Just now, cubaricho said:

Where is the evidence for this statement? 

People would do themselves a lot of favors on here if they didn't just make shit up that made them feel worse. :lol: 

Howe said it doesn’t look good in fairness 

Just now, cubaricho said:

Where is the evidence for this statement? 

It's so stupid. And the worst is that they will be so confident about their opinions. It appears to be a self validation exercise as much as anything.

Just now, gdm said:

I mean if it carries on then I get you but the reports that we’ll likely sign no one only dropped an hour or 2 ago. Let people be disappointed. Then when window shuts we just need to get on with it but it’s only natural people are going to be disappointed and angry to a degree. 

Agreed. It does suck.

Just now, Theregulars said:

You are, of course, right - it is everybody else other than you.

If I’m disappointed I’m gonna say it. As I said when the dust settles I’ll get over it and be fine. Stop being weird and gatekeeping how people react :lol: it’s borderline mental 

Just now, TRon said:

If he was responsible for bringing them in I might be able to agree with that. :lol:

What's that got to do with it ? Our "Bomb Squad" is nowhere near Chelsea's but the keeper situation is just daft.

1 minute ago, Memphis said:

There's no way we are in the ballpark on wages for players going to Saudi. Transfer fees are fine but I'd imagine the wages would blow up our structure. 

Precisely why Mitchell has been brought in, so we can catch the Olises and Tosins before they are out of our league.

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

If we were actually in for him (which I don't think was ever confirmed), maybe he didn't want to sign for us

This is a fair point, though I can't imagine it being the case really.

But maybe we have others in mind, or will just be sitting tight. Guess we'll see soon enough. 

I don’t know whose fault it is, or what exactly has transpired and I know that PSR is a massive fucking thorn in the side and a stick in stokes. And yes we’ve kept our big hitters this season. But if it is to be that we have brought in a single player to improve the current first 11, blimey that’s a damning indictment and really isn’t a good look for everyone involved. 

3 minutes ago, Fak said:

What did Eales say re. Howe?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/07/16/newcastle-united-eddie-howe-hands-off-england-southgate/

Part of the importance of [sporting director] Paul [Mitchell] coming in with Eddie, is to let Eddie do the strengths he’s got … take away from him some of the things that if it was up to Eddie, he would spend all his time and every waking hour on.

What we have to do is channel Eddie onto what he does best and that is on the grass, with that he is phenomenal in terms of putting that team together.

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

While a lot of the negativity is over the top, I don't think it's unreasonable to conclude that something isn't quite right between the different departments of the club. Whoever is at fault sucks and has needlessly made our campaign a lot harder.

It does just add a layer of negativity to the club, and at our club in particular it seems to snowball and effect what happens on the pitch. That’s my biggest concern at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

What's that got to do with it ? Our "Bomb Squad" is nowhere near Chelsea's but the keeper situation is just daft.

We can't force clubs to take our players and pay them daft wages. I don't know how Mitchell can get the blame for that since he's barely been here two months.