NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 minute ago, Cf said:

I understand the idea of if we don't get Guehi then don't get anyone else at CB. He's both a short and long term improvement with not much risk. Whereas in our current squad we have Botman coming back, Schar should be good for another season or two, and we've got some reasonable cover. I get not spending some of a limited budget on just anyone.

I don't understand the RW situation though. The only thing I can think of is we plan to play Gordon there. Otherwise I can't believe we're about to go into a new season with Almiron and Murphy fighting for a start between them. Just how has this happened?

After missing on Europe last season I think we needed a statement signing just for morale.

Silver lining is we kept Isak, Bruno, etc. But we need one hell of a season to keep them for much longer I fear.

Barnes has just played well there, I don't think that's the 'plan' and I'm disappointed that we haven't strengthened there but he is clearly capable of doing a good job at RW.

1 hour ago, Sibierski said:

Blocked an outgoing :D Fuck sake, we never learn.

i can only see us blocking a bid for trippier.

or a £5m bid for Miggy.

or a bid for fraser where we pay up the remainder of his contract and let him go on a free.

Just now, huss9 said:

i can only see us blocking a bid for trippier.

or a £5m bid for Miggy.

or a bid for fraser where we pay up the remainder of his contract and let him go on a free.

It was a Championship loan for Murphy because we may need the CB cover.

6 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Left. On a slightly different note we are at some point gping to have to play two left footers at CB. 

I don't think it matters that much, it's only very recently that people started talking about what side a CB plays and requiring a right and left footed CB. That was never even really thought of in the past.

4 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Almost as annoying as not signing anyone, is that I've wasted countless hours at work checking this forum, Sky Sports or any other sources constantly.

Almost makes you think that you could do other things with your time

7 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I don't think it matters that much, it's only very recently that people started talking about what side a CB plays and requiring a right and left footed CB. That was never even really thought of in the past.

Which is possibly one reason why they’ve looked at things and thought they have Burn, Schar, Kelly and Krafth and have Botman and Lascelles coming back. Whether you agree with that or not. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Which is possibly one reason why they’ve looked at things and thought they have Burn, Schar, Kelly and Krafth and have Botman and Lascelles coming back. Whether you agree with that or not. 

Botman and Lascelles won’t be back and fit to play until towards the end of the season imo. We are relying on Burn, Schar, Krafth and Kelly until January, probably longer. It’s not great.

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

That's how I feel about our CB position too, Guehi would have just been a long term replacement for Schar and short term cover for Botman. I think we have enough at CB for this season, barring another freak injury crisis, which is less likely without European football.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Botman and Lascelles won’t be back and fit to play until towards the end of the season imo. We are relying on Burn, Schar, Krafth and Kelly until January, probably longer. It’s not great.

I agree with you, I’ve already stated how shite this window has been multiple times. The club will have looked at what’s available already rightly or wrongly. 

I hope fans are patient with Botman and Lascelles when they are available again aswell. ACL is a massive injury and they may never recover to the same level. 

I know neither were quick before and it's not as essential for the position in comparison, but just look at Chiesa. Gone from a potential £100m player to £10m post injury.

Took Van Dijk a season or two to get back to good form for Liverpool also after his injury. 

30 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Ah, singly you're ok with either but "in the wider picture" they're "bum boys" 

Glad that's sorted

Feel free to piss your knickers if you don't like the phrase I used, but both players are known and coveted by Eddie and JT based on their past experiences working with them and were announced as exactly that. 

People love dredging up old posts usually so feel free to go and find the ones where I said Kelly and Osula were good signings at the time.

Just now, alexf said:

I hope fans are patient with Botman and Lascelles when they are available again aswell. ACL is a massive injury and they may never recover to the same level. 

I know neither were quick before and it's not as essential for the position in comparison, but just look at Chiesa. Gone from a potential £100m player to £10m post injury.

Took Van Dijk a season or two to get back to good form for Liverpool also after his injury. 

:lol:

4 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Would be some crumb of comfort if we managed to secure permanent exits for unwanted players like Fraser, Lewis, Hayden, Targett etc. one less headache to solve for future windows.

No chance a Targett exit could even be considered at this point. Entirely possible that Burn and Kelly have to serve more as CBs than LBs, at least for the first part of this season, which means Hall and Targett (and Tino) are our only true LBs.