NUFC Transfer Rumours

25 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

I swear and this isn't aimed at anyone in particular, but you don't half get the feeling some want us to fail.  What for?  So you get satisfaction in saying, 'told you'.  I don't get that mentality, I understand being annoyed at things with the lack of transfers, but are the last 3 years just being ignored ?   

We knew there would be bumps in the road, but come Sunday I'll be watching the likes of Bruno, Tonali, Isak, Gordon and a manager, who has made me love a team I thought was lost to me. 

Yes it's been a disappointing window, and yes it has set us back, but I still maintain the future is bright, despite the deck being stacked against us through scandalous rules protecting the shitebags.

I love this club again, I love football again and after 15 years of purgatory, I'll be fucked if I'm going to spend it moaning, and dreaming up all kinds of mental theories as to why we didn't spend more money. I'm still going to enjoy it as much as I can, and be proud of our team. I love watching us play again, that excitement that you can't explain to a non Newcastle fan.

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

10 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Well said, except there are a few posters that it should be particularly aimed at.

No i don't want to single anyone out mate because their opinion isn't any less valid, that's how they see it and I'm not dismissing those opinions.

I'm just putting my point over, too long a post and probably too passionately but it's from a genuine place. 

Genuine question and not trying to cause #ructions or anything at all, just curious as I wasn't alive then, but did any point post 1993 during events such as when we sold Cole in 1995 or when we sold Ferdinand and Ginola in 1997 whilst bringing in a past it Ian Rush et al have any fans saying "well we had McKeag x years ago"?

18 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I’m taking this as a positive overall. Players that we believed would improve, we couldn’t sign so we didn’t settle for second best. Next summer we will be in a fantastic position to spend money given that it’s another loss making year off the books

We might need several first team players next summer.

2 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Don't think this will happen, but I don't think he's the one we should be blowing our money on either.

I will caveat that by saying from what I've read the Forest fans seem to really rate him.

Edited by Alberto2005

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Genuine question and not trying to cause #ructions or anything at all, just curious as I wasn't alive then, but did any point post 1993 during events such as when we sold Cole in 1995 or when we sold Ferdinand and Ginola in 1997 whilst bringing in a past it Ian Rush et al have any fans saying "well we had McKeag x years ago"?

I don't think so. But fans made a bit of a tit of themselves protesting about the Cole sale on the steps at SJP after everything the club had done the previous two years, and knowing what was to come in 5-6 months time, were wrong to do so..

Edited by Optimistic Nut

8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

image.thumb.png.8aa6c2a5fb3407f5bbfde1d383de7853.png

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don't think so. But fans made a bit of a tit of themselves protesting about the Cole sale on the steps at SJP after everything the club at done the previous two years, and knowing what was to come in 5-6 months time, were wrong to do so..

Because Cole won the double and we won nowt?

Admit I'm being facetious as fuck there. :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC