NUFC Transfer Rumours

21 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I'd bring him in and basically say we'll get pay to get you fit and see what happens. Once he starts a game he gets 50 grand a game. 25k for a sub appearance. Once he's started X then 100k a week. 12 month contract option to extend for 1 year on our side. 

I dig that creative strucutre! 

22 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I'd bring him in and basically say we'll get pay to get you fit and see what happens. Once he starts a game he gets 50 grand a game. 25k for a sub appearance. Once he's started X then 100k a week. 12 month contract option to extend for 1 year on our side. 

By the time he’s fit we’ll practically have Botman and Lascelles back.

5 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I know paying him nothing might be a bit of a stretch for our PSR targets until he is fit and then 25k per sub appearance and 50k per start. That might stretch us l.

Or just use Kelly and Krafth as back up for six months?

I really don’t see the point in adding a perma-crocked, 33-year old Matip. Schar, Burn, Kelly, Krafth is fine until Botman and Lascelles return and/or until we add a bonafide blue chipper.

Edited by Deuce

Per Mitchell:

• Highest Guehi bid came two weeks before window closed. Decision made with Eales and Howe to not go higher.
  • A £50m deadline day bid for Elanga did not happen
  • Admits they did not have the sales they expected
  • Says there will be a broader set of targets in the future

20 hours ago, Deuce said:

I really don’t see the point in adding a perma-crocked, 33-year old Matip. Schar, Burn, Kelly, Krafth is fine until Botman and Lascelles return and/or until we add a bonafide blue chipper.

Lascelles surely has played his last game for us? Hopefully anyway.

Just now, Ronaldo said:

Lascelles surely has played his last game for us? Hopefully anyway.

I mean, likely yes as he is due back after Botman. With all CBs fit he would likely be 4th choice CB. But that being said, think he is absolutely fine as a 4th choice CB. Howe had him back/better than the levels he hit under Rafa when he had an extended run last season.

I don't think Lascelles features for us again tbh, perhaps late season farewell cameo aside.

If I was guessing, I'd say we look to retain both Burn and Schar but it will depend on what length contracts they agree to. You'd imagine we'll only want to give them a year, maybe with an option for a further year. There's a chance one or both of them won't go for that. What happens with those then probably has an effect on whether we try to retain Krafth or not as backup.

Eddie won't want to churn 4 centre halves in one summer as it's a huge lack of continuity and probably too much rebuilding to do in one go. I think Lascelles definitely goes in the summer and then we retain two of Schar, Burn and Krafth (probably in that order of preference) depending on what length terms they're willing to agree to.

When you consider Trippier is probably away too it's a hell of a lot of defenders we could lose in the summer and whatever your take on how effective the individuals are or will be in another year, it feels like a mega rebuild that we'll probably want to do over two summers rather than one.

Lascelles did a great job

stepping up last season until his injury and has shown a great attitude. If he’s happy to stay as a squad player there’s no good reason to move on.

The idea he’s terrible is based on performances pre takeover and is a tired outdated view.

Id expect a CB to come in on big money and then Burn, Schar and Lascelles to all get offered extensions. I wouldn’t be surprised if Schar turned down staying as a backup though, if he’s no longer first choice he might prefer to move on. If so it means going for two new CBs, something ideally avoided. We shall see.