NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Whether that’s true or not I think Arsenal will go all in for him in next summer

Well it would have to be a pretty huge fee since he's still got 4 years left on his contract.

Mixed feelings about Isak, I love him and his ceiling is unlimited, but he does need to work out how to consistently impact games. And stay fit. And we need to work out how to help him. 

I guess he would look unstoppable in a team that dominates possession and doesn’t require so much work. 

Obvs want us to keep and utilise him though. 

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

Bit ironic that Amanda and Merhdad got so much credit for the job they did for us, yet they managed to fuck us up so badly FFP wise.

We don't know the full story there. Maybe they were promised certain sponsorship deals that fell through. Personally, I think it was certain Bruno was going to be sold but at some point that changed. I remember reading an article (maybe a Q&A) in the Athletic, well before the summer, where they seemed certain Bruno would be off. 

51 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Mixed feelings about Isak, I love him and his ceiling is unlimited, but he does need to work out how to consistently impact games. And stay fit. And we need to work out how to help him. 

I guess he would look unstoppable in a team that dominates possession and doesn’t require so much work. 

Obvs want us to keep and utilise him though. 

At this stage where we are crippled by PSR, I'm not bothered about selling anyone if we get the right fee. That's saying something as Isak is probably my favourite player, I've waxed lyrical about his finishing since his two goals against Liverpool when he first arrived. Unfortunately it's the only way we can grow unless Man City force the PL to surrender.

I don’t think Isak needs to be in a possession dominant team to succeed more but I think some highly effective passers around him would benefit him greatly. He has some clever movement and doesn’t need space to get a shot off.

Our primary way of opening teams up is forcing them into a mistake as they try and play it out from the back. Effectively making our ‘number 10’ an opponent flapping under pressure.

Don’t think that gets the best out of Isak. 

2 hours ago, TRon said:

At this stage where we are crippled by PSR, I'm not bothered about selling anyone if we get the right fee. That's saying something as Isak is probably my favourite player, I've waxed lyrical about his finishing since his two goals against Liverpool when he first arrived. Unfortunately it's the only way we can grow unless Man City force the PL to surrender.

I'm pretty much the same, but I'd rather see Haaland jump to Spain and City look at Isak rather than Arsenal. He would take Arsenal up a level and an bit but wouldn't have the same impact at City

Can’t fault Isak to be fair. He’s stalling because the progress has stalled. It’s a short career. Good as he is I don’t think it would be the end of the world if he went. He’s blown hot and cold since he arrived and while that might not just be down to him I think the wedge we’d get for him would cover two very good players up front. One ready to go and one with big potential. With all the carry on with PSR and legal shenanigans it doesn’t look like things are going to improve dramatically any time soon either. Not seeing anything to suggest that recent developments are going to help us one bit and if it’s possible to fuck us over, fuck us over they will. 

5 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Can’t fault Isak to be fair. He’s stalling because the progress has stalled. It’s a short career. Good as he is I don’t think it would be the end of the world if he went. He’s blown hot and cold since he arrived and while that might not just be down to him I think the wedge we’d get for him would cover two very good players up front. One ready to go and one with big potential. With all the carry on with PSR and legal shenanigans it doesn’t look like things are going to improve dramatically any time soon either. Not seeing anything to suggest that recent developments are going to help us one bit and if it’s possible to fuck us over, fuck us over they will. 

We couldn't replace him with anyone near his level, losing him would be a disaster and a real indication of things stalling. 

10 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We couldn't replace him with anyone near his level, losing him would be a disaster and a real indication of things stalling. 

Don’t disagree but two players at 75% of his level who are consistent and less injury prone than him and Wilson would balance things out nicely. Cole / Ferdinand springs to mind here not that I consider sir Les as 75% of the player that Cole was but you get my drift. 

Edited by Mahoneys Tache

13 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I'm sure those of us who watch every football match in the world would have an idea, but I'm not sure there's anyone out there we would sign as an improvement on Isak. Who exactly are we wanting to replace him with? :lol:

In an ideal world, he stays and we don't need to replace him.

I've always liked the look of that Lois Openda at Leipzig mind. Looks a good talent and has 28 in 40 apps for them.

Howe needs to figure out how to get Isak involved in games more. The sample size where we've failed to do so is large enough now for it to be more than being down to the player himself. The way that we play hasn't evolved in a way that allows it when it should've done. Hopefully it becomes the case after he comes back but the proof will be in the pudding. 

Unless we can unearth an absolute diamond, he's quite literally irreplaceable imo. More so than the other top players we have.

21 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I'm sure those of us who watch every football match in the world would have an idea, but I'm not sure there's anyone out there we would sign as an improvement on Isak. Who exactly are we wanting to replace him with? :lol:

I agree but if he wants away the money would be astronomical and would be some compensation for the loss. I never suggested it would be easy to replace him or that I want rid but there would be compensations if he was to insist on leaving 

Everyone’s a downgrade. Isak is world class and it’s a major failing that we’re not getting him into games more. I do think not having a strong right wing massively affects Isak as he tends to drift left when going wide. Our left is already way stronger so it’s a waste having all the quality over there where sides can focus on shutting us down