NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

51 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

That's all well and good, but as per my original point, we need someone who will score goals now in those wide positions. Unless Almiron replicates his scoring form again, we don't have one.

Thats a fair point. We are missing a consistent goal threat out wide apart from that crazy month Almiron had.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Almirons got that slight physique where he’ll carry pace and stamina for a good few years. I’m not concerned by his age. 

I think he needs to be upgraded but I expect him to play a ton of minutes next season no matter who we sign.   His intensity and pressing is almost like our playmaker. Him and Joe kind of set the tone for the team.  

Ah, maybe. Never thought about that.

And agree. I don't want him sold and think he'll still be an asset to the squad with the extra games. But he does need upgrading.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Don’t want Phillips. 

He doesn’t do anything our other CMs can’t do. We need creators and scorers.  Whether at 8/10 or RW. 

Yep. Phillips links don’t make any sense. EH likes midfielders who can offer a bit of everything. KP is good as he is at what he does it always seems a bit 2D. Same reasons I’m never that struck on Rice TBH.

5 hours ago, elbee909 said:

Anyone heard of this Jesper Lindstrom geezer?

He is someone with potential, not Eriksen level, but still higher that most danish midfielders. He lacks consistency in his game though, but I wouldn’t worry about that with Howe in charge - I would happily welcome him to the club.

18 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Game was done when he came on at WHU but played his part in at least one goal. Played well at Brentford when he came on at HT and helped turn the game.

Just scored again for England so that’s 2 in 3 games this tournament so far.

He's playing as a striker for England U-21's. If he's going to be the answer as the right sided forward I'll be surprised because like I said, Murphy and Almiron seemed to be the two go-to's for that position last season.

19 minutes ago, Sufi said:

Thats a fair point. We are missing a consistent goal threat out wide apart from that crazy month Almiron had.

Yep. And that's what separates the top 4 from the rest usually.

Considering the fact that every major club in europe were in for him, I'm not too disappointed. Didnt think we had much of a chance tbh

re:Guler

Edited by Sufi

I'm a tad skeptical about the Kalvin Phillips and Conor Gallagher talk to be honest. 

Whether it was a bad headline writer or not, Luke Edwards went big on Barella and then it went dead. The same was true of Felix Nmecha and now Tino Livramento. 

Signing Gallagher would feel like spending big money on a player that's a lesser version of Sandro Tonali. We already have players in that mold with Joe Willock and Joelinton. As for Phillips, I can't see Man City doing us any favors on a fee, and I think if we're going for a player in that age bracket if they're available for a lesser fee (he's not) or they're truly elite and will move the needle (he won't). 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

He's playing as a striker for England U-21's. If he's going to be the answer as the right sided forward I'll be surprised because like I said, Murphy and Almiron seemed to be the two go-to's for that position last season.

Player a lot there for Everton. 

I like the AMad Diallo kid from Man U at Sunderland.  Man U need transfer fees for FFP. Goy bags of talent. Only issue is Man U would demand 50% profit split on future transfer. 

(lad has shown more ability than Gordon imo)

Dont know how I feel about spending a year of Ashby's development as a bench player. Prefer him on a loan with option to recall. He needs to be playing every week. Can Krafth play CB? Cant remember if I've seen him at CB for us.

Agreed, if Ashby can’t be relied upon even for brief cameos then the only option is him going on loan. It’s very odd how little professional football he’s played, he needs to play some as soon as possible

8 minutes ago, Sufi said:

Dont know how I feel about spending a year of Ashby's development as a bench player. Prefer him on a loan with option to recall. He needs to be playing every week. Can Krafth play CB? Cant remember if I've seen him at CB for us.

Yes, he was never great there but he can do it. 

If we're going to take Luke seriously for a moment.

Howe has said that he'll only take a player on loan if they're committed. Luke has already reported this summer that Phillips wants to stay and fight for his place at City.

Howe has also said we only look at loans at the end of the market.

In short, it sounds like total nonsense.

Again that Edwards article just sounds total bollocks.

Are we interested in Gallagher and Phillips? Probably. They are both youngish, England internationals just looking for a long term home and a quality manager to get the best out of them.

Would we be interested in taking either of them cut price or even on a loan with an option? Of course we would.

That's where the accuracy ends IMO. If Luke thinks we have had them two on the same list as Tonali, he's crackers. Funny how all of Lukes "exclusives" come from British based players. You'd almost think agents were using his gullibility.

We were "close" on Barella, "close" on Liveramento, now we are after these two on loan? Bullshit.