NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I will say, mind, I don't think Howe is anywhere near as worried about the RW position as some of our fans seem to be. To be honest, I'm not either. Almiron and Murphy were two huge players for us last year, who completely bought into the work ethic and shape of the team. He won't be desperate to move either of them on.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

I really, really want this to be true, wish I could convince myself it's realistic. :lol:

I'll be shocked if this isn't Barnes in, ASM out.

We're desperately short of players to play RW, signing Barnes doesn't change that.

Maybe they see Gordon as a RW and it's Gordon and Miggy on the right and ASM and Barnes on the left though.

18 minutes ago, Shak said:

I'll be shocked if this isn't Barnes in, ASM out.

We're desperately short of players to play RW, signing Barnes doesn't change that.

Maybe they see Gordon as a RW and it's Gordon and Miggy on the right and ASM and Barnes on the left though.

I know, logically it makes perfect sense, I just find it hard to believe we could have such a perfect transfer window. Despite what I said in the other thread, I'm really too chicken shit to dream that big. :lol:

Unfortunately, I don't see how Maxi stays now. If he stays, there's no need at all for Barnes..... I like Barnes a lot by the way. 

It's just that left wing is the position we least need right now!

9 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Unfortunately, I don't see how Maxi stays now. If he stays, there's no need at all for Barnes..... I like Barnes a lot by the way. 

It's just that left wing is the position we least need right now!

What stops Maxi playing on the right, not the position he normally plays but I recall in the past on a few occasions he would swap wings.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

It feels like my love for Maxi is futile. The chance of him playing RW doesn’t seem high.  And Eddie loves Joelinton at LW too 

Baffling he doesn't get a run out on the right. I swear I've seen him create so many chance from the few brief moments he's found himself out there. 

Just now, SAK said:

What stops Maxi playing on the right, not the position he normally plays but I recall in the past on a few occasions he would swap wings.

What stops him playing on the right is the large fee he will bring 

6 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Have you actually seen Barnes play? He's incredibly effective, and rapid.

But after Tonali signing Barnes is a bit of a let down. And the combination of Gordon, Almiron, Saint-Maximin and Barnes doesn't look like top 4 quality.

The winger position should be a statement signing.

Edited by cranna

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, kocunar said:

Yes I've seen him, there are 5 more talented left wingers in Croatian League that you could get for few million.

:lol: Fucking hell.

Quick let the club know who they are before they fuck it all up. Good job Ashworth has you around to get the club out of the shit.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, cranna said:

But after Tonali signing Barnes is a bit of a let down. And the combination of Gordon, Almiron, Saint-Maximin and Barnes doesn't look like top 4 quality.

[emoji38] Fuck it, that’s me done for the night.

Fans bitching on because we aren’t signing superstars left right and centre man. Fucking loonies.

3 minutes ago, cranna said:

The winger position should be a statement signing.

Joelinton, Murphy?

Barnes, Maximin, Gordon and Almiron for the two wide roles, Murphy as back up. Could probably even sell him if someone fancied giving us our £12m back for him. As much as people talk about Almiron not matching his goal tally I think there's less chance of Murphy repeating his performances and we have better than him. 

6 minutes ago, kocunar said:

Yes I've seen him, there are 5 more talented left wingers in Croatian League that you could get for few million.

Jesus Christ. Harvey Barnes has been putting up consistent numbers in the PL for a few years now. And improving in a side that's been getting worse and worse all around him. The push back from some people on this deal (especially at 35m) is madness.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I can’t think of any logical objections for £35m really, except he’s not as exciting as someone more exciting. 

He's easily as exciting as Diaby. Think the only pushback I would have on this deal is that it only really makes sense if ASM is leaving or if Howe is planning on using ASM centrally.