NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, The Butcher said:

If Phillips comes in Jan we've got

Phillips, Bruno, Willock, Longstaff, Joelinton, Miley, Anderson, (Tonali)

Think we'll add a creative AM and a permanent DM in the summer and one or two will have to go.

Who would you sacrifice?

Almiron, Targett, Murphy, Lascelles, Krafth.

All need upgrading significantly. 

4 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Almiron, Targett, Murphy, Lascelles, Krafth.

All need upgrading significantly. 

Realistically so does Joelinton hes very physical in the midfield but his technical ability and goal threat leave a lot to be desired 

8 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

Realistically so does Joelinton hes very physical in the midfield but his technical ability and goal threat leave a lot to be desired 

I’d hate to see him leave because I’ve grown to love him but yeah, if we’re going to compete for top honours, where does he fit?!

if he could just learn to connect with a football in front of goal, he could contribute 10-12 a season and then it’s a different story.

10 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I’d hate to see him leave because I’ve grown to love him but yeah, if we’re going to compete for top honours, where does he fit?!

if he could just learn to connect with a football in front of goal, he could contribute 10-12 a season and then it’s a different story.

To be the complete midfielder you need to be looking at 10 goals a season, hes grown massively at the club but lets be honest does he get into any other elite teams midfield, the answer is no and that is the level we are wanting to be at

Ideally we upgrade him and relegate him to the bench/squad player to come on and kill games off in the midfield physically

18 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

To be the complete midfielder you need to be looking at 10 goals a season, hes grown massively at the club but lets be honest does he get into any other elite teams midfield, the answer is no and that is the level we are wanting to be at

Ideally we upgrade him and relegate him to the bench/squad player to come on and kill games off in the midfield physically

Which midfielders in the prem would you be putting in that complete midfielder bracket?

20 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

Would you like to highlight these No8's that get 10 goals a season in the PL?

5 hours ago, The Butcher said:

If Phillips comes in Jan we've got

Phillips, Bruno, Willock, Longstaff, Joelinton, Miley, Anderson, (Tonali)

Think we'll add a creative AM and a permanent DM in the summer and one or two will have to go.

Who would you sacrifice?

Willock first - looks weak on the defensive side.

Anderson second, and with regret. With the emergence of Miley, I don't think Anderson is going to get enough games.

Good question though.

Edited by Cronky

25 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Willock first - looks weak on the defensive side.

Anderson second, and with regret. With the emergence of Miley, I don't think Anderson is going to get enough games.

Good question though.

Bet we see more of Anderson than Miley when he’s fit. 

If we could get a large fee for any of them I'd not be too disappointed who we moved on. As gutted as I'd initially be, £100m for Bruno would give us the wiggle room to do what Liverpool did with the Coutinho sale, for example. Personally I'd loan Miley and move on Willock, with the usual caveats applying. All depends who we bring in, obviously.

I still doubt we're getting Phillips though, feels more of an Everton 2019 kind of transfer.

9 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

Probably only KDB, Odegaard and Rice

10 goals was mentioned?

Mind you, last season Odegaard hit 15.

I'd only say KDB though  (in previous seasons David Silva was the absolute perfect midfielder.) 

Gini Wijnanldum once scored 11 goals for us. 

Me personally would prefer Joe as the physical ball winner and push Bruno up, I still never got why when Tonali was playing, Howe still persisted with Bruno deep.

Edited by mighty__mag

6 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

10 goals was mentioned?

I'd only say KDB though  (in previous seasons David Silva was the absolute perfect midfielder.) 

Me personally would prefer Joe as the physical ball winner and push Bruno up, I still never got why when Tonali was playing, Howe still persisted with Bruno deep.

It was while  Tonali was getting used to the pace and tactics. We did the same for a little with Shelvey central and Bruno playing off at first. 

Just now, madras said:

It was while  Tonali was getting used to the pace and tactics. We did the same for a little with Shelvey central and Bruno playing off at first. 

Yeah, Bruno was glorious in his opening spell, I mean it took about 6 games for Howe to use him, he got like 5 minutes here and there.

Absolutely loved him with more freedom.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Yeah, Bruno was glorious in his opening spell, I mean it took about 6 games for Howe to use him, he got like 5 minutes here and there.

Absolutely loved him with more freedom.

When he started at Southampton Shelvey was central. Didn't take long for Bruno to bully him over.

Newcastle's owners continue to admire Jose Mourinho at Roma, with the 60-year-old's contract set to expire next summer, although the Serie A side are keen to retain him as their manager. (Gazzetta dello Sport - in Italian)

The football would no doubt be ugly, but the old miserable bastard is good at winning things.

Borussia Dortmund have joined Newcastle in the race for the signature of Serhou Guirassy, Stuttgart's 27-year-old Guinea forward. Guirassy has scored 16 Bundesliga goals already this season. (Sport Bild - in German)

6 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Newcastle's owners continue to admire Jose Mourinho at Roma, with the 60-year-old's contract set to expire next summer, although the Serie A side are keen to retain him as their manager. (Gazzetta dello Sport - in Italian)

The football would no doubt be ugly, but the old miserable bastard is good at winning things.

Borussia Dortmund have joined Newcastle in the race for the signature of Serhou Guirassy, Stuttgart's 27-year-old Guinea forward. Guirassy has scored 16 Bundesliga goals already this season. (Sport Bild - in German)

Should have been him after Rafa. Way too late for him now. 

Guest reefatoon
7 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

10 goals was mentioned?

Because Bruno is head and shoulders our best player for the central role of the three, that’s why he wasn’t moved. This obsession to move him from there is mental.

Edited by reefatoon