NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

7 hours ago, The Bonk said:

Bet we see more of Anderson than Miley when he’s fit. 

In the short term, maybe, but I think Anderson is in a difficult position. Longy and (hopefully) Tonali are ahead of him at this time for the third midfield spot, and Miley looks better than all three in terms of all-round talent. It's just a question of time. I'd say he's our best young player since Gazza.

There will come a time when Anderson will need to leave if he doesn't get enough games. He'll need to show that he's got something that the others lack.

Don't get me wrong, it's ok to be excited about Miley's potential. But theres no way of really telling how talented he will be at the moment. He has shown remarable composure for someone his age, but he clearly has the remit of make the easy pass when he has the ball at the moment. Was watching the PSG highlights agains the other night and forgot that, even when not at his best, Tonali was everywhere. 

I thought Tonali looked largely poor in his games for us.

I think this enforced absence will be the making of him. He wants to thank his lucky stars that he's at a club that will look after him.

2 hours ago, Cronky said:

In the short term, maybe, but I think Anderson is in a difficult position. Longy and (hopefully) Tonali are ahead of him at this time for the third midfield spot, and Miley looks better than all three in terms of all-round talent. It's just a question of time. I'd say he's our best young player since Gazza.

There will come a time when Anderson will need to leave if he doesn't get enough games. He'll need to show that he's got something that the others lack.

We've seen more from all 3 than Miley so that's a bizzare take to say the least. Anderson looked brilliant on his loan move, Tonali was great for Milan, longstaff shown consistency and chipped in with goals and assists. I like Miley and definitely excited to see how he develops but think some are getting more than carried away.

In the firing line again ;)

My chief comparsions were with Longstaff and Anderson. I think they and Miley will end up competing for one place. Some rotation will take place, and I think one will eventually have to leave - probably Anderson. Difficult to tell the time scale. 

Miley has a naturally good touch on the ball which is superior to the other two. That I'm pretty convinced about. Without being blessed with searing pace, I think he's quicker too - particularly in relation to Anderson. I can't see much wrong with his temperament or confidence either.

What he's lacking at the moment is his ability to impose himself on a game. Longy is definitely ahead of him there - possibly Anderson as well. I've noticed that Miley often makes good runs, but doesn't always get found by his team-mates. He's new to the first team squad, let alone the first team, so it's perhaps not surprising that he hasn't developed that kind of presence yet. But I think that'll come - it's just a question of how soon.

I'm pretty sure that if Longstaff is fit, he'll start tonight. His experience will count.

3 hours ago, Cronky said:

:llorente?:

How dare you disrespect Wor Shola like that.

I am fully on board the Johan Bakayoko train - he’s the one I want - together with Minteh that’s the next 10 years sorted 

J Murphy then becomes our wing cover on both sides 

Barnes <> Gordon 

Bakayoko <> Minteh 

Murphy cover 

6 hours ago, STM said:

I thought Tonali looked largely poor in his games for us.

I think this enforced absence will be the making of him. He wants to thank his lucky stars that he's at a club that will look after him.

I just thought he looked like he was still trying to figure out the pace of the game and what he was expected to do. There was the odd game where he showed glimpses of real class.

8 hours ago, Cronky said:

This post has been derided but this season when they've both played for us has there been a massive difference ?. Tonali had couple of quality games then the rest were mediocre imo. I'm really excited by local lad Miley . Imagine him ina. Few years. Cause he's a player now  And like tonali  joined knowing he was most likely getting banned too leaves a bitter taste for me....

I think Miley has got a lot higher ceiling than Longstaff tbh, but like Andersen he's still got some growing up to do, I'm not even thinking of him as a permanent fixture just yet. Would be great if he becomes that mind, but just seems a bit optimistic to think he's there already.

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Are you saying you like Bruno deep?

Yes, he’s perfectly suited to that role of the central three where he can pull the strings. I wouldn’t want to see him on the right or the left of the three. Also, he doesn’t just sit deep, he is up and down all game, we don’t play with a restricted holding midfielder, he’s the central figure of a central three.

34 minutes ago, TRon said:

I just thought he looked like he was still trying to figure out the pace of the game and what he was expected to do. There was the odd game where he showed glimpses of real class.

And the fact he was almost certainly facing a lengthy ban with the weight of the world on his shoulders 😂

39 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Looks an absolute tank, is he a target man? Pacy? What kind of player, I’ll look at some highlights but interested if anyone’s watched him closely 

Very very powerful front man. Holds off defenders very well and so the ball sticks. Also pretty mobile and dynamic, without having huge pace.

Kind of plays with his back to goal in build up and has good link up play, and is really unselfish and sets up his team mates to score off of his hold up. Mostly scores in the box from close quarters.

A bit like Lukaku in overall style of play, but plays with a ton more desire, energy and commitment, but perhaps doesn't have the natural talent level Lukaku does, as I'm not sure he's as quick or as consistent a finisher.

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Very very powerful front man. Holds off defenders very well and so the ball sticks. Also pretty mobile and dynamic, without having huge pace.

Kind of plays with his back to goal in build up and has good link up play, and is really unselfish and sets up his team mates to score off of his hold up. Mostly scores in the box from close quarters.

A bit like Lukaku in overall style of play, but plays with a ton more desire, energy and commitment, but perhaps doesn't have the natural talent level Lukaku does, as I'm not sure he's as quick or as consistent a finisher.

I think as a club we've outgrown buying a striker who has lots of qualities but not much of a finisher.