NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Big fan of Philips. Would give us some much needed positional discipline in the centre of midfield but also give us some technical quality too. 

I still would like to see Bruno allowed a little more freedom in the final 3rd and Philips would give us that option. 

Phillips & Ramsdale loans would go some way to getting us back on course. Put the big money into a CB or right winger. Minteh might have to come back, if so, then a £30-40m long term partner for Botman would do us wonders.

9 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Phillips & Ramsdale loans would go some way to getting us back on course. Put the big money into a CB or right winger. Minteh might have to come back, if so, then a £30-40m long term partner for Botman would do us wonders.

They most have a new defender lined up for the summer if our two current ones dont get new contracts 

13 minutes ago, Dokko said:

We’ve got Hall on loan - don’t think we’d be allow another two PL loans

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He’s miles better than Dubravka; I also think he’s better than Pope.

Just my opinion mind :) 

Definitely better than dubs, think Pope is better, certainly don’t think Ramsdale would be worth the money Arsenal would want.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah; can’t imagine he’d be cheap for us - especially in January.  Arsenal would be unwilling sellers

Yeah, basically if we are going to spend big on a new keeper I would want him to be a massive upgrade on Pope, I don’t think Ramsdale is.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Even if he plays really well for us?

It’s a difficult one, I just think an obligation would be a bit of a risk considering ffp constraints. We already have 35 million to pay for Hall in the summer, if we are obligated to pay for Phillips as well and he doesn’t play well then we will have spent a large portion of the budget already.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

It’s a difficult one, I just think an obligation would be a bit of a risk considering ffp constraints. We already have 35 million to pay for Hall in the summer, if we are obligated to pay for Phillips as well and he doesn’t play well then we will have spent a large portion of the budget already.

Isn’t every single transfer a risk? Phillips was class, can’t see why he couldn’t be for us. 

Just now, Shearergol said:

Isn’t every single transfer a risk? Phillips was class, can’t see why he couldn’t be for us. 

Yeh of course, but this one feels a bit more so considering how little football he has played over the last 18 months. 

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Same with Livramento?

Yeah, wasn’t it widely agreed it was a risk given his injury. It’s paid off, doesn’t mean the Phillips would. 

What would city be looking for if it was an obligation ? 20-25 million ? That would be near enough 65 million of the summer budget gone.

The solution for Phillips in relation to obligation could be linked to games played

His lack of football is a legitimate concern but think if he can get a run of games going he'll be the player City signed 

It would be nice to have a physical presence in the middle, seeing Luton and Forest stroll past our midfield was rage inducing 

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeh of course, but this one feels a bit more so considering how little football he has played over the last 18 months. 

Keeps getting a game for England though.

3 hours ago, GeordieT said:

Same piece claims:

“If money is spent in January for a permanent deal to go through, Newcastle will almost certainly have to sell one of their own prize assets in the summer, which raises the possibility of cashing in on the likes Bruno Guimaraes, Sven Botman or Alexander Isak in July or August”.

Cheery as always from Luke.

Yeah Luke, because we'd sell 1 if our best players to fund other transfers. Slightly counter productive.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Minteh might have to come back

I just don’t see this happening at all. The disruption to his development by pulling him away from Feyenoord would far outweigh whatever benefit he could bring us in the short-term.