NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Bruno - Biggest fee, pretty much isn't going to improve, can lack athleticism.

Isak - Inconsistent, picks up an injury every few games.

Botman - Apart from this recent injury, been rock solid. 

For me, keep Botman at all costs. Bruno will go if one of Barca or Madrid want him and have £100m+. Isak, might be more difficult to sell, and don't think we'd get more than what we paid, certainly not significantly more.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Out of the big hitters then, who would you most be willing to lose ?

Nail on head really some haven't been here long enough to be worth much more or would cost more to replace than what we had in the original player. 

Miggy 20m player probably worth next to nowt on our books even if we got 20 or 25m for him it's a 40/50/60m spend to replace and upgrade him. 

Longstaff is all pure profit but then you lose a home grown player. 

Effectively its going to have to be botman or bruno who are most likely to attract big fees for who can then go towards replacing them and one or 2 more players in the squad. 

Edited by nufcjmc

I'm still convinced FFP is a smokescreen of sorts or at the very least a "line" the club is using to keep prices down.

My gut tells me that it won't be Kalvin Phillips but an attacking player, since Eddie has cried on about not having attacking options.

We won't be afraid of hoying 40m on a player, provided its someone we have scouted long term anyway. There definitely won't be any panic buying.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm still convinced FFP is a smokescreen of sorts or at the very least a "line" the club is using to keep prices down.

My gut tells me that it won't be Kalvin Phillips but an attacking player, since Eddie has cried on about not having attacking options.

We won't be afraid of hoying 40m on a player, provided its someone we have scouted long term anyway. There definitely won't be any panic buying.

I’ve always thought the FFP line was more aimed at tampering fan expectations rather than getting prices down.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

They can’t smokescreen publicly available accounts.  It’s pretty easy to see that if we’re following FFP, then there isn’t much wriggle-room.

I’ve seen this from NUFC fans every transfer window.  Loads in the summer talking about ‘we’ll spend £150-200m, easy’.  

This summer we have 10 players out of contract that will free up some capacity or need immediately replacing, most of them at the back:

GK - Gillespie, Karius

RB - Krafth, Manquillo

CB - Schar, Lascelles, Watts

LB - Dummett 

Mid - Ritchie, Hendrick

Loan - Hall

12 minutes ago, Dokko said:

For me, keep Botman at all costs. Bruno will go if one of Barca or Madrid want him and have £100m+. Isak, might be more difficult to sell, and don't think we'd get more than what we paid, certainly not significantly more.

There’s no chance Bruno brings in £100m+.  Man City agreed a £80m fee for Paqueta.  That looks about right to me. 

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

This summer we have 10 players out of contract that will free up some capacity or need immediately replacing, most of them at the back:

GK - Gillespie, Karius

RB - Krafth, Manquillo

CB - Schar, Lascelles, Watts

LB - Dummett 

Mid - Ritchie, Hendrick

Loan - Hall

I would bet that Schar, Krafth, Lascelles, Dummett, Karius will all be offered one-year extensions at a minimum.  Ritchie might if he’s a player / coach. 

15 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Bruno with better around him will step up.

Isak....  don't think he fits the current  433 but I do t thi k the current 433 is our destination.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I would bet that Schar, Krafth, Lascelles, Dummett, Karius will all be offered one-year extensions at a minimum.  Ritchie might if he’s a player / coach. 

With Krafth, would we not have Tripper, Tino and Ashby at RB? Also have Sahar developing quickly. Suppose it depends on whether we qualify for Europe.

Lascelles and Schar definitely keen to keep, the rest happy to see go. Surely there must be a reserve or youngster coming through?

2 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

With Krafth, would we not have Tripper, Tino and Ashby at RB? Also have Sahar developing quickly. Suppose it depends on whether we qualify for Europe.

Lascelles and Schar definitely keen to keep, the rest happy to see go. Surely there must be a reserve or youngster coming through?

He can play CB too.  Nee chance we can just go out and replace 10 players released on a free.  

19 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m not sure Maddison was a smokescreen tbh, I think he chose spurs over us.

Me too. I think we wanted him and Szoboszlai (probably got Barnes and Tonali instead… how different things might have been).Wouldn’t be surprised if we’d scoped Ward Prowse too. We certainly should have used his craft. 

Is an argument for this season being a write off anyway and keeping all of our money for the summer . We can still finish 7th or 8th with the current squad and realistically we aren't going to finish top 4 whoever we go out and buy.

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There’s no chance Bruno brings in £100m+.  Man City agreed a £80m fee for Paqueta.  That looks about right to me. 

I'd say Bruno's performances in the league and CL eclipse anything Paqueta has done in his time at West Ham. Paqueta isn't worth £80m, more like £50-60m, but Bruno is certainly worth more than him.

6 minutes ago, madras said:

Bruno with better around him will step up.

Isak....  don't think he fits the current  433 but I do t thi k the current 433 is our destination.

Certainly would at Madrid. 

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

Is an argument for this season being a write off anyway and keeping all of our money for the summer . We can still finish 7th or 8th with the current squad and realistically we aren't going to finish top 4 whoever we go out and buy.

No, because money isn’t the problem - FFP is.  The budget isn’t limited, our ability to spends it is.  There is nothing we can keep until the summer - summer classes as next season for FFP purposes. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

No, because money isn’t the problem - FFP is.  The budget isn’t limited, our ability to spends it is.  There is nothing we can keep until the summer - summer classes as next season for FFP purposes. 

Oh I didn't know that , ignore everything I said then [emoji38].