NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Clearly you need a joint up approach to transfers but these continual links to players like Gallagher and McTominay concern me.

I’m fully behind Eddie Howe the coach, but keep him and his fucking brother away from transfers. It was clear as day in the CL you need more than intensity and running, got a horrible feeling Howe’s type of player and his preference of young British players will prove his undoing in the end.

I'm getting those vibes as well. It's great when you are winning, but realistically can you build a CL side just featuring home grown players?

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Clearly you need a joint up approach to transfers but these continual links to players like Gallagher and McTominay concern me.

I’m fully behind Eddie Howe the coach, but keep him and his fucking brother away from transfers. It was clear as day in the CL you need more than intensity and running, got a horrible feeling Howe’s type of player and his preference of young British players will prove his undoing in the end.

Ironically, the same preference for intense pressing is what got us into the CL in the first place.

Edited by Nine

Just now, Nine said:

Ironically, the same preference for intense pressing is what got us into the CL in the first play. 

Is it sustainable though season after season, surely you have to evolve to make the next step ?

Just playing devils advocate here, but if we assume the problems we've had are (primarily) the build-up of fixtures plus injuries and not having a deep enough squad to overcome those hurdles - then maybe signing more of the same is the plan?

Howe has said as much - any Plan B is just going to be a variation on Plan A so maybe we do just want a squad of 25 who can run and press for 50-odd games per season? 

I'm not saying it's right, and it's not what I do, but I wouldn't rule out someone like Gallagher on the basis that he doesn't offer anything we don't already have.

Just now, Nine said:

Ironically, the same preference for intense pressing is what got us into the CL in the first play. 

There's no problem with intensity or the pressing game, that's how we want to play our football. But as you go up the levels, a hard running Miggy is only going to get you so far no matter how enthusiastically he presses.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

There's no problem with intensity or the pressing game, that's how we want to play our football. But as you go up the levels, a 1 legged hard running Miggy is only going to get you so far no matter how enthusiastically he presses.

17 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Need to get back to the Bruno, Botman and Isak approach. 

1 minute ago, Ronson333 said:

All those players were scouted heavily by Nickson I get the impression his influence has waned considerably at this point.

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

All those players were scouted heavily by Nickson I get the impression his influence has waned considerably at this point.

Feels like it. 

18 minutes ago, TRon said:

There's no problem with intensity or the pressing game, that's how we want to play our football. But as you go up the levels, a hard running Miggy is only going to get you so far no matter how enthusiastically he presses.

I’m not going to disagree, at some point the quality has to match the industrious nature of our system. The type of players that possess both are not easy to come by however, that’s my only point.

14 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

In what respect do you feel it's diverted? I felt the only transfer that felt a bit out of profile was Barnes, but it could be Ashworth's influence is taking hold.

34 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The Chelsea link was Santos, that young Brazilian lad we were linked with for a while.

Done nowt at Forest. If this is true, it seems we rarely deviate from targets.

46 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Is it sustainable though season after season, surely you have to evolve to make the next step ?

Intense pressing imho is only possible if we learn to hold onto the ball for longer periods and develop the ability to take the sting out of the game.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Has he actually shown that over an extended period of time though? If he had the composure and end product I don't think Chelsea would contemplate letting him go.

If anyone should understand the impact of an unsettled club on a player's performance, it should be us.

Edited by Thumbheed

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Not sure why you think that when we spent £55m on Tonali in the summer.

12 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Not sure why you think that when we spent £55m on Tonali in the summer.

1 out of last 5 signings have come from abroad that’s why I think that, the rest have been young British players with PL experience.

It's all fine and dandy bolstering the squad with good players but I think the time has come to improve areas that aren't good enough to progress in cups and be the difference in a hard fought game. So a quick centre half a centre mid that can play a bit of everything as in dm cm am, a right winger and big bugger up front with a bit of pace to change our predictability and help us break teams down. 

1 hour ago, sempuki said:

Done nowt at Forest. If this is true, it seems we rarely deviate from targets.

Have they even played him? I would have him here as he's exactly the player we need - imagine a trio of Santos - Bruno - Joe :giggs:

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

1 out of last 5 signings have come from abroad that’s why I think that, the rest have been young British players with PL experience.

Well it could also be because a few of them were available at the £25-30M mark, which seams to be a similar level to which European talent goes for too. The fact we are fishing in the same pond as other clubs who can offer bigger wages, means we probably miss out on lots of players too. That’s the advantage of English players I guess they know our potential for growth better than those from abroad.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

What’s that?

I like him a lot. But he plays as a 10 at Forest. Not sure he has the positional discipline to play as a 8. 

I think he could play as an attacking minded 8 with the right players behind him. Can play on the wing and up front as well.

26 minutes ago, andycap said:

Probably nicksons selections before the club got took over. 

Apparently when they first spoke to Nickson they asked him who was the #1 player on his list - it was Botman. That's why we chased him so aggressively that first transfer window.