NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Squad aint good enough throughout yet, they need time to build the squad, the turnover, hurdle FFP, squad politics etc.  Will take years. All this talk about regression is child speak, missing the big picture and quite frankly all bullshit.

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Linear is a straight line.  Finishing 4th then 7th isn’t linear success.  It’s a regression.  

Without that investment we don’t give Howe a fair chance at succeeding. 

They are not risking a points deduction. If we don’t get Europe, then we sell players to balance the books. 

And is entirely predictable as it’s happened to virtually every club that has qualified for European football for the first time in a decade. FFS West Ham were nearly relegated last year.

they will not be selling players now because they fear a points deduction, it will be because they feel it’s the optimal time to do so.  FFS they’re not fucking amateurs and they’re more clued up than people who spend 90% off their life shit posting on forums.

Have those running the club not earned a bit of trust over the past two years? Maybe trust them instead of catastrophising at every turn

Edited by Ghandis Flip-Flop

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

I’d say finishing in any European spots in back to back seasons is pretty linear success, you need to zoom out and see the bigger picture here. The point remains there is absolutely no guarantee that finish top 7 with our current squad as has been shown, injuries and lack of depth can derail your season. They calculated the risks in far more detail than is available to the likes of us. 

That’s just a mad assumption, gambling on bringing in funds during the winter window to balance the books just doesn’t make sense. I know this is cliche and I hate saying it, but I can’t help but feel you are making this out to be far

more football managery than it needs to be. Sorry like [emoji38]

The reports of needing a European finish came from decent sources in the summer.  

The books for the season don’t close until June.  

I don’t think anyone would’ve predicted we would’ve been 10th in the league come the end of Jan with a squad that doesn’t look capable of getting into Europe. 

Yes I am speculating. But listening to the CEO he has said - we will need to sell players eventually. And he specifically called out a European finish as being a good season about a week ago so that’s clearly a target. And there seems to be something in the rumours that we are open to sell some fairly key players.  It must be close to 40 goal contributions from Wilson and Tripps over the last 18 months.  

Newcastle and Borussia Dortmund will try to sign 18-year-old French attacking midfielder Desire Doue from Rennes before the January transfer window closes. (L'Equipe - in French)

Newcastle United have rejected an approach from Bayern Munich for 33-year-old defender Kieran Trippier. (Sky Sports)

Trippier is keen to join Bayern this January if they can agree a deal with the Magpies. (Times - subscription required)

Newcastle have also rejected a loan enquiry for England striker Callum Wilson from Atletico Madrid but could sell the 31-year-old if a permanent offer is made. (Mail)

7 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

And is entirely predictable as it’s happened to virtually every club that has qualified for European football for the first time in a decade. FFS West Ham were nearly relegated last year.

they will not be selling players now because they fear a points deduction, it will be because they feel it’s the optimal time to do so.  FFS they’re not fucking amateurs and they’re more clued up than people who spend 90% off their life shit posting on forums.

Have those running the club not earned a bit of trust over the past two years? Maybe trust them instead of catastrophising at every turn

West Ham finished 7th the season after they first qualified for Europe btw. They finished 6th yhen 7th, then Moyes spent 4 months trying to evolve the style of play and ruined their season. 

January is only an optimal time to sell key players if you desperately need the money.  We desperately needed the money for Shelvey and Wood - they were both useful squad members but the money was too good to turn down.  Neither Wilson or Trippier will fetch more than £20m and both are key squad members. Any sale for either will be FFP driven. 

Im not taking player sales as a sign of incompetence as you are. We’ll have to sell really good players sooner or later.  We will have to sell players because of FFP limits sooner or later.  

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

West Ham finished 7th the season after they first qualified for Europe btw. They finished 6th yhen 7th, then Moyes spent 4 months trying to evolve the style of play and ruined their season. 

January is only an optimal time to sell key players if you desperately need the money.  We desperately needed the money for Shelvey and Wood - they were both useful squad members but the money was too good to turn down.  Neither Wilson or Trippier will fetch more than £20m and both are key squad members. Any sale for either will be FFP driven. 

Im not taking player sales as a sign of incompetence as you are. We’ll have to sell really good players sooner or later.  We will have to sell players because of FFP limits sooner or later.  

Really, often a club can get more money for players in January as often the buying club is even more desperate and the selling club can take advantage of that. Or in simple terms "there’s less value in January" which are the words the club themselves use.

i am absolutely sure that we will have to sell players to balance at some point in the future. However you are deeming the current situation as incompetence, because you’ve insinuated that they’ve gambled on us definitely qualifying for Europe again. 

And to answer the last point, have any of these players actually been sold yet? Or is it all speculation at this point with all reports suggesting the club have rebuffed all offers? they are contracted without release clauses, so even if Trippier or Wilson's head has been turned, it’s down to the club as to whether that move happens or not.

If they do indeed decide to move these players on, it’ will be because they feel it’s in the best interests of the club. Be that not wanting players here who want to be elsewhere, or because they are both ageing players who it may be the optimal time to get fees for, and who the club owe very little on, so it would represent actual profit. Rather than because they’ve messed their calculations up and are fearing a points deduction as you have insinuated 

I’ve drank close to 15 bottles tonight. 

Can someone tell me what’s happened tonight as if it was an episode of the sopranos? 

If tripps is Ralphie and is getting whacked is Livramento our Vito? Minus the bum Sex obviously.

1 hour ago, BennyBlanco said:

I’ve drank close to 15 bottles tonight. 

Can someone tell me what’s happened tonight as if it was an episode of the sopranos? 

If tripps is Ralphie and is getting whacked is Livramento our Vito? Minus the bum Sex obviously.

Given that would make Krath our Gigi Cestone (prior to his death) you’re talking utter shit here.

From the Chronic: One striker Newcastle have been taking a look at is Can Uzun of Nuremburg with the 18-year-old getting a lot of attention from scouts. The 18-year-old has netted 18 goals in the Bundesliga's second flight but has strong interest from Borussia Dortmund.

The Joelinton is an interesting one to see what happens. Wants a wage increase on par with top earners but how high does the club value him? They won’t want him to leave on a free when his contract is up though. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

The Joelinton is an interesting one to see what happens. Wants a wage increase on par with top earners but how high does the club value him? They won’t want him to leave on a free when his contract is up though. 

I wouldn’t have Joelinton on par with our biggest earners personally.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Likewise.  Love the bloke but that doesn’t mean sentiment should get in the way.  

Agree, I think he’s brilliant for us and would love to see him stay. However I also think we could quite comfortably replace him with a better player.

I’ve not said that’s incompetent. 

You are using the word ‘gamble’.  

I believe the leadership thought they had invested enough into the squad to be able to do well enough in the CL/Europe and qualify for some type of European football again.  *Typically* in football you get what you invest.  They invested and planned for 7th ish.  We invested heavily in the summer - and most of that money hasn’t added value on the pitch. 

I don’t understand why we would finish 4th then invest and plan for an 8th place finish outside of Europe.  That the alternative you’re suggesting. 

Again, THE CEO THINKS EUROPE IS A REALISTIC AIM. He would only think it’s realistic if the club have planned to finish in Europe.  

And if we don’t get it. It’s not the end of the world.  We’ll trade.  

You’re panicking and accusing me of weird things. By all reports we are close to the FFP limits.  If we under achieve this season in the league (and yes outside Europe will be an underachievement) we’ll have to trade more than is ideal. 

West Ham are set to win the race for Kalvin Phillips on loan. As well as agreeing to meet his £130,000-a-week #ManCity salary, West Ham will also pay bonuses to Phillips in an initial loan until the end of the season that could be reviewed in the summer.

[via@JamesNursey]

WHU really wants him. if they can get him without "must buy" option and get a discount on the loan fee itself thats not a bad deal for them.

10 minutes ago, BShearer said:

West Ham are set to win the race for Kalvin Phillips on loan. As well as agreeing to meet his £130,000-a-week #ManCity salary, West Ham will also pay bonuses to Phillips in an initial loan until the end of the season that could be reviewed in the summer.

[via@JamesNursey]

WHU really wants him. if they can get him without "must buy" option and get a discount on the loan fee itself thats not a bad deal for them.

That’s fair fucks to them - I wouldn’t want us hamstrung to buying Phillips and Hall this summer. Plus the £10m outlay/gamble is too much for us. West Ham are sitting on Rice profit, they’re in a good place.