NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Fair enough, im not sure a game we made 8 changes is a fair representation of where Howe is looking at playing him long term though. Especially if Burn continues to guide wingers into our box every attack

I said it might be an option until the end of the season given how short we currently are in that area and Howe had mentioned it was something they had looked at in training.
Personally, I don't rate Targett, so don't especially want to see him at left back or in midfield, just a personal choice though.

22 minutes ago, BShearer said:

tell you what happening, Ashworth sabotage he will sell off 3-4 starters, bring no one, jumps ship to Man Yoo in 3 weeks and gets praised by his new bosses to weaken us in his last 2 weeks

hope I am wrong.  :)

And you shall be

8 minutes ago, vicente_14 said:

I said it might be an option until the end of the season given how short we currently are in that area and Howe had mentioned it was something they had looked at in training.
Personally, I don't rate Targett, so don't especially want to see him at left back or in midfield, just a personal choice though.

Crazy anyone would rate Burn at LB more but nevermind

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Crazy anyone would rate Burn at LB more but nevermind

Didn't say that, I don't enjoy Burn at left back, I don't like Targett there, Hall is unfancied. I'd like us to sign a left back but seems way down the list of priorities.

2 hours ago, Geordie Boyo said:

So if all our current leaders go, like Tripps, Wilson and Lascelles that means we will only have Matt Ritchie to include so he can point, shout and do knowt else…! 

If Trippier does go we definitely do need to bring someone in with his level of leadership. 

Last time I remember these sorts of concerns about losing our leadership group was when we sold Nolan and Barton. We had our best season between 2004 and 2023.

£60m, I know that’s what they want rather than what a buying club will necessarily pay but football’s an utter joke these days. The amount of money that gets spent on players who are completely unproven or just outright not quality players is obscene

Do we really need a massive rebuild?

Keep thinking if we had everyone fit, upgraded on Miggy and Burn, and a new striker, as well as Tonali back effectively as a new CM we'd be looking pretty sweet for next season. 3 signings.

I'll trust those in charge, they've not made many/any mistakes so far.

Edited by Karjala

5 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Keep thinking if we had everyone fit, upgraded on Miggy and Burn and Tonali back as a new CM we'd be looking pretty sweet for next season.

Agreed. I'd hate to think they are panicking and thinking an entire rebuild is needed off the back of this season. 

This year has been abit of a freak in terms of the injuries and Tonali etc. 

If we kept the entire squad as is and started fresh next year with no champions league group of death to deal with and I think we do well. 

That being said, I'm sure it's more down to financials and wanting to get some money for older players who they don't see as key to the long term project. 

Edited by alexf

16 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Keep thinking if we had everyone fit, upgraded on Miggy and Burn, and a new striker, as well as Tonali back effectively as a new CM we'd be looking pretty sweet for next season. 3 signings.

We don’t, we just need to keep adding signings like the ones we’ve made since the takeover. And for them not to be injured or banned for the season. 

The only thing is that I would like people like Almiron to move to the bench rather than be sold, and get rid of the real dross. But I guess you can’t have everything in exactly the right order. 

Until we have revenue streams to avoid it we definitely have to start getting solid fees for older players rather than letting them run down their deals and leave for nothing/next to nothing. 

That means cases like extending a player's deal to protect their value and moving them on when there is clear interest. Almiron really is a key case in point here.

Obviously there also reaches a point where they have no value and there's basically no point selling the player - and you might as well then keep them for their offering on the pitch. Trippier would probably fall into that category if he didn't go this winter. But we definitely have to start making more sales at the right time otherwise we back ourselves into a corner.

5 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Until we have revenue streams to avoid it we definitely have to start getting solid fees for older players rather than letting them run down their deals and leave for nothing/next to nothing. 

That means cases like extending a player's deal to protect their value and moving them on when there is clear interest. Almiron really is a key case in point here.

Obviously there also reaches a point where they have no value and there's basically no point selling the player - and you might as well then keep them for their offering on the pitch. Trippier would probably fall into that category if he didn't go this winter. But we definitely have to start making more sales at the right time otherwise we back ourselves into a corner.

A lot of the issues of the squad is still the hangover from that twatt Ashley’s reign.