NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Wilson to West Ham or Chelsea for £20 million is a deal id happily accept, the fuckas never fit

If he’s going to Chelsea then I expect no less than 1 Billion dollars.

West Ham can have him for £20M, the reaction on his podcast would be something to behold. Chelsea though can fuck right off, they can pay £30M or go swivel on a traffic cone.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I’m not counting Miley as a senior CM.

We have 6 senior CMs and a literal kid. The number of CMs is perfectly fine.  

Our summer transfer strategy left us with no room to do further business if it was needed in Jan. there were good reasons to do this. But there were also good reasons to not do it, as we are finding out now. There’s always a risk of needing to strengthen in January for whatever reason, not having any contingency budget is poor planning. 

The transfers themselves haven’t worked out at all bar 1. That’s another issue. Again, you can question the fees, profile and position of the transfers for value for money. 

As if you wouldn’t be whinging saying we should have made more signings last summer if we’d signed one or two less in that window to account for Jan man [emoji38]

You’re a relentless hypocrite.

33 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

He's been posting loads of stuff recently that seems very detailed and specific.

Interested to see if any of it comes off.

I was considering giving him a follow but as I scrolled down his page I saw he retweeted something from mouth of the Tyne. Instantly qualified him for a block 

3 hours ago, Rich said:

How about a bit of Luke Edwards to lighten the mood? From today's BBC Transfer Gossip Daily podcast:

Do we think it’s coincidence the two players we are targeting (with limited funds available) are both playing for clubs in financial distress?

Wonder if the club reckon they can do a Woodgate/Leeds style purge late in the window.

6 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I was considering giving him a follow but as I scrolled down his page I saw he retweeted something from mouth of the Tyne. Instantly qualified him for a block 

Moment you validate the tin foil hatted, raped by aliens maniac then you’re straight on the blocked list.

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Do we think it’s coincidence the two players we are targeting (with limited funds available) are both playing for clubs in financial distress?

Wonder if the club reckon they can do a Woodgate/Leeds style purge late in the window.

It's been the driving factor in every domestic purchase for the last 18 months, so certainly not a coincidence.

Pope - relegated
Barnes - relegated
Tino - relegated, ACL
Gordon - form, FFP, deteriorating relationship
Hall - FFP, squad size

Just now, timeEd32 said:

It's been the driving factor in every domestic purchase for the last 18 months, so certainly not a coincidence.

Pope - relegated
Barnes - relegated
Tino - relegated, ACL
Gordon - form, FFP, deteriorating relationship
Hall - FFP, squad size

We got a deal on Isak because he was coming off a (relatively) poor season.

Just now, Keegans Export said:

We got a deal on Isak because he was coming off a (relatively) poor season.

Yeah, I said it the other day but if you boil down our transfer strategy to one thing it's been preying on the financially vulnerable.

• Domestically this primarily means clubs who have put themselves in a financial hole, whether that's via relegation or FFP concerns.
  • Abroad it's about flexing Premier League financial muscle on clubs that can't turn down the fee and/or match wages we can offer.

I'd say the second factor, which sometimes overlaps, is opportunity. A player we think is talented who is cheaper at that moment because of a downturn in form (Gordon, Isak) or just available in the first place because of other circumstances (Hall).

I think Tonali is the only possible exception to those two things, and even then it was reported at the time that some thought Milan may need the money. Their 2022/23 accounts did show a profit of €13m before tax (compared to a €60m loss the year before), but that was with a run to the CL semifinals and a €40m increase in their broadcasting revenue as a result. So I still think you could file this under the second bullet point, though we now also know there may have been other factors involved.

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

As someone that has led multi-million pound projects. I can’t say everything is going to plan if the plan keeps changing. Plans can evolve and change. But I can’t say ‘that’s all part of the plan’. 

It’s part of the new plan aye. The one that is more expensive, delayed, less quality etc. aye. 

Now some things aren’t ideal at face value and are genuinely part of the original plan. Like eventually selling Bruno or someone. But this isn’t one of those things. 

I'm sure Ashworth and Eales couldn't run and manage a successful multi million pound project.

The College Dropout couldn't do what-, well, he could do what they do, and I think they knew that, even back then. Probably what spurred them on.

I was part of an incredibly successful billion pound team, you don't see me crowing about it. Just worked in Tesco like but every little helps.

I did say the other day we need to sell to meet FFP.

This looks like it’s true.

What a shit show FFP is.

Worlds richest owners and we can’t buy anyone and have to sell players because the status quo want to stay at the top.

FFP was designed to maintain the dirty half dozen.

Just now, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

I did say the other day we need to sell to meet FFP.

This looks like it’s true.

What a shit show FFP is.

Worlds richest owners and we can’t buy anyone and have to sell players because the status quo want to stay at the top.

FFP was designed to maintain the dirty half dozen.

Does it though? We're run the right way nowadays and if they get an offer they can't refuse then we'll sell. But if selling one player opens the door to a couple more players then it does make sense.

FFP is rubbish however.