NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

We started here:

3 hours ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

I don’t think we are selling to buy new players. I think we are selling to meet FFP right now.

We got here:

1 hour ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

The club is on the brink of FFP. I guarantee it.

We ended here:

I didn’t say we where past the FFP threshold yet. That we are close. And that this season we will without sales possibly breach it.

If we're not past it now then we're good because it's quite clear we're not making any big purchases without sales. Sell to buy, not sell to comply. Glad we ended up in the same place @Isaksbigrightfoot.

16 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

I love how people just assume they can x a transfer by 3 for FFP purposes and that’s it [emoji38]

I'm aware it's a lot more complicated than my comment, I still stand by what I said.

Edited by Mountain

Anyhoo. I won’t post now because I appear to be posting to much. Apologies if I have upset anyone.

Not my intention.

Be Quiet Newcastle United GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

6 hours ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Hence why we are trying to sell players. P.S you don’t know what I do for a living.

I guarantee you 100% we are on the brink of FFP breach. As it stands right now.

So your position is that an ownership group that has done little else but caution about psr rules from the moment they walked in, have got themselves in a situation where they've fucked it and do not comply to the one thing they've been talking about incessantly despite hiring some of the best front office people in football and having the resources of pif behind them? I mean ok sure, that's something alright.

Btw Arsenal would be very foolish to turn Wilson down at that price, if they signed him and managed his playing time properly he could very well be the difference in a title race in that team. All they need is a goalscorer really.

3 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Btw Arsenal would be very foolish to turn Wilson down at that price, if they signed him and managed his playing time properly he could very well be the difference in a title race in that team. All they need is a goalscorer really.

They also have FFP issues :lol:

6 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

I love how people just assume they can x a transfer by 3 for FFP purposes and that’s it [emoji38]

It does require ongoing income growth in coming years, though it’s probably a reasonable assumption that our income will grow for a couple of years yet. 

7 hours ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

No because the year before we had a profit to bring it down on the 3 year cycle. Come on man. Get to grips with this shit.

The profit is the £13M, fella you’re either an expert troll or fool, I’m genuinely not sure which at this stage

Oh and your clearly not a good auditor because I didn’t say we where past the FFP threshold yet. That we are close. And that this season we will without sales possibly breach it.

No abuse backwards needed. Let’s just see how things unfold.

You do realise you’re replying to yourself in this post right?

Anyhoo. I won’t post now because I appear to be posting to much. Apologies if I have upset anyone.

Not my intention.

I think the majority of us will support you if you don’t post for six months 👍

6 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

With Wilson you pretty much can, as his book value to the club is around £2.2m, so if we were to sell him for £18m that would give us £15.8m profit, which would allow us to go and spend about £45m also factoring in wages of of about £70k a week, drop the transfer fee to £40m and that allows wages of £160k a week. 

13 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

With Wilson you pretty much can, as his book value to the club is around £2.2m, so if we were to sell him for £18m that would give us £15.8m profit, which would allow us to go and spend about £45m also factoring in wages of of about £70k a week, drop the transfer fee to £40m and that allows wages of £160k a week. 

Yes but...repeat after me...

THE £15.8m PROFIT ONLY COVERS THE FIRST PART OF THE NEW £45m SIGNING

We still have to find the rest of the £45m from the following years accounts.

4 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Yes but...repeat after me...

THE £15.8m PROFIT ONLY COVERS THE FIRST PART OF THE NEW £45m SIGNING

We still have to find the rest of the £45m from the following years accounts.

Yes, you also repeat after me,  that’s where Club Growth comes in, it’s how all football clubs have worked with transfers for well over a decade, if clubs felt the need to set aside the whole transfer amortisation, very few transfers would be done. 

3 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Yes, you also repeat after me,  that’s where Club Growth comes in, it’s how all football clubs have worked with transfers for well over a decade, if clubs felt the need to set aside the whole transfer amortisation, very few transfers would be done. 

Yes of course but if we're talking £45m that's around £7-9m/year. Quite a lot of pressure on the commercial side to cover that in one year? Saying "We sell for £XXm we can spend £XXm" is a massive oversimplification and it gets trotted out on a regular basis.

I don't think it would have bothered me but I was up very early this morning and I'm grumpy as f**k :lol:

11 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Yes of course but if we're talking £45m that's around £7-9m/year. Quite a lot of pressure on the commercial side to cover that in one year? Saying "We sell for £XXm we can spend £XXm" is a massive oversimplification and it gets trotted out on a regular basis.

I don't think it would have bothered me but I was up very early this morning and I'm grumpy as f**k :lol:

Yeah I understand where you’re coming from, transfers would be a lot simpler if the whole transfer fee had to be put aside on completion of a transfer, the problem is it would need a fundamental change to the whole system, you can see how clubs can get into trouble, a lot of people though that because Ashley paid all transfer fees up front, but for accounting purposes it was still amortised over the contract 

17 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Out commercials were lower than Everton’s in the last published accounts tbf.  If they don’t go up a few times over the next couple of years then Eales and Silverstone need shooting into the sun :) 

Well the long and the short of it is, if we had money to spend and deals we're suitable we would have done it. 

It doesn't look like we are so it's a fair conclusion that there's either no money available, or no-one that we're actually looking at.

Saying that most of our deals have e co e out of the blue, so see what happens co.e the end of the window 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

@Isaksbigrightfootseems to be getting an unnecessary level of stick. He’’s basically saying he thinks we might need to sell to balance the books, rather than to buy, in January. I don’t think this is right, but we’re all guessing about FFP/PSR. 

He’s entitled to his opinion. Fucking rabbiting on about it and trying to demean people who have forgotten more than he knows about it was tedious patter though.

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

@Isaksbigrightfootseems to be getting an unnecessary level of stick. He’’s basically saying he thinks we might need to sell to balance the books, rather than to buy, in January. I don’t think this is right, but we’re all guessing about FFP/PSR. 

We’re not all guessing though. The numbers aren’t they difficult to work through in terms of where we lie. 

From what I’ve worked out we could get through this year without selling. It would also be massively incompetent of the club to need a sale in the last couple of weeks of January to balance the books. Got to remember the guys at the club will know to the penny where we need to be, and the strict message to the finance team will be our absolute priority is to not break PSR. We won’t take any chances.

The position we’re in is that we’re fine for PSR as it stands but if we want to bring someone in (and pay decent money) then we’ll probably need to sell.

My gut feeling is we’ll actually have a fairly busy last week of the window. I think Wilson and/or Miggy will go and we’ll bring in a couple. Maybe one permanent and one on loan.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

No thanks.

If true, this is quite a good indication of how desperate we are to get more bodies in. 

Im fine with it as long as its cheap and without any obligation.