NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Don’t think he’s wank but he in no way improves us if we have a squad mostly fit. Would he do a job for us for half a season? Probably if that’s all we can afford 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Don’t think he’s wank but he in no way improves us if we have a squad mostly fit. Would he do a job for us for half a season? Probably if that’s all we can afford 

Surely he's a better option than Longstaff and Miley (as of today), who have both in the first team squad more often than not.

And the state of some of our benches this season....he can replace one of the pointless defenders, surely? Unless you think having Murphy (the irish defender) on the bench is a better shout [emoji38]

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not a fan of Hojbjerg at all, but I’d rather a straight loan for him than spend any money on Onana.

Definitely. Not willing to help Everton out their hole again and not for the money flying around. Would rather sign Emerson in the summer.

Hojbjerg is a steady eddy DM. I could see why he'd be considered as a plan c loan if we can't shuffle our cards around to create finance.

Let's remember, it could come down to whether we have to change formation if we lose any more midfielders to injuries. A loan deal for a bonefide PL midfielder might not be that shocking. Hardly ideal.

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

never understood why wank was used as a negative term - I love them

I think it works well in this instance, not that Max intended it this way. Obviously not what you want ideally, but good when you have no other option and need a quick fix. 

Edited by sushimonster85

27 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Surely he's a better option than Longstaff and Miley (as of today), who have both in the first team squad more often than not.

And the state of some of our benches this season....he can replace one of the pointless defenders, surely? Unless you think having Murphy (the irish defender) on the bench is a better shout [emoji38]

Well yeah, the issue is our squad is decimated so he us of more value on the bench than some random academy player who will not make it through to the first team. Do I think he’s a better option than Sean or Miley? Probably not, he’d take time to adjust to our system and playing with a whole new set of players. Four months of football where he wouldn’t be first choice and get up to match speed unless there were injuries means that his sole value is coming in to provide a decent back up if injuries continue. That’s my opinion anyway 

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Well yeah, the issue is our squad is decimated so he us of more value on the bench than some random academy player who will not make it through to the first team. Do I think he’s a better option than Sean or Miley? Probably not, he’d take time to adjust to our system and playing with a whole new set of players. Four months of football where he wouldn’t be first choice and get up to match speed unless there were injuries means that his sole value is coming in to provide a decent back up if injuries continue. That’s my opinion anyway 

I think a lot of people are underestimating him personally. Bloke had three MotM performances last season, Longstaff has had one in his entire PL career (two overall inc. cups). We've not got a DM like him who's as positionally aware as he is. He'd allow us to mix it up tactically.

And he's 28 - he's not going to take months to get up to speed.

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

We can't be taking Spurs reserves on loan mind , it would be embarrassing.

It wouldn't though?

We don't have a no6 and he would do a solid job for half a season.