NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, Menace said:

This has to be the worst January transfer in prem history surely 

Haven't followed whatsoever, has anyone bought any players at all?

7 hours ago, vexred said:

I think throughout the league there will still be deals done, there will be a domino effect. I'm just hoping Miggy goes to Saudi so we can get a midfielder. 

Outstanding avatar.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Football has never operated in an open market.  It’s why you have transfer fees in the first place - if you move jobs, does your employer have to buy you out of your old contract?

No compete agreements, gardening leave and lawsuits are very common in many businesses for talent / high ranked execs moving within the same field. The transfer fee and player registration are the equivalents resolving that.

No outs and a loan DM is likely best scenario. Also the very stripped down basic necessity. Can't believe we aren't still working for that.

Happy to keep Miggy though. We need that depth. Looks like Harrison will get a fair bit of playtime this season!

Big summer ahead, hope we show a bit of ruthlessness in getting letting go of the likes of Miggy and Wilson. Not sure if possible with the need for homegrown players, but I wouldn’t be against Longstaff or Anderson going. Ritchie and Dummett surely won’t be kept on either.

6 minutes ago, toontownman said:

No outs and a loan DM is likely best scenario. Also the very stripped down basic necessity. Can't believe we aren't still working for that.

Happy to keep Miggy though. We need that depth. Looks like Harrison will get a fair bit of playtime this season!

Can't see Harrison coming straight into the squad. He hasn't even been playing U23 football for City, just U18 games.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Big summer ahead, hope we show a bit of ruthlessness in getting letting go of the likes of Miggy and Wilson. Not sure if possible with the need for homegrown players, but I wouldn’t be against Longstaff or Anderson going. Ritchie and Dummett surely won’t be kept on either.

Very much need to be ruthless and fully exploit the European market, be interesting to see their approach. Have a feeling it’ll be evolution and only revolution if likes of a Bruno, or Joelinton leave.

24 minutes ago, Teslact said:

No compete agreements, gardening leave and lawsuits are very common in many businesses for talent / high ranked execs moving within the same field. The transfer fee and player registration are the equivalents resolving that.

I’ve had contract clauses stipulating that I can’t take clients with me for six months etc.  But it’s hardly the same as my employer holding my registration for several years.

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Football has never operated in an open market.  It’s why you have transfer fees in the first place - if you move jobs, does your employer have to buy you out of your old contract?

I’m not keen at all with football simply throwing off all the rules that allow it to manage its own market.  The FFP rules have needed revising for some time, but I’m getting concerned re some of the voices you see in football calling for a lassez-faire approach

The way transfer fees are talked about is a little bit misleading. You don't buy/sell a player and you are not buying them out of a contract.

Its the registration that is being purchased, and this is just like any other asset. This particular asset is in effect a license for a player to play. Its all technicality really, you don't have the registration without the player but buying/selling players would kinda be modern slavery

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’ve had contract clauses stipulating that I can’t take clients with me for six months etc.  But it’s hardly the same as my employer holding my registration for several years.

And I think you know that in any case.

Player contracts are a little peculiar as well in that they don't have clauses that give the right for either party to serve notice, combined with the registration a player has no way of exiting the contract and the club cannot exit it without paying in full. If you go back to Bosman this is why transfer fees were allowed to remain and why mid season transfer windows are in operation.

Anyway fuck FFP, its going to be challenged, my guess is by Forest using the additional fee obtained on the BJ sale as the lever to bring a case. Again my guess, the PL will pull back on them and give them a suspended sentence and will rush through some fudge of a reform that allows for greater owner spend. We will no doubt be putting soft pressure from the sides on FMV at the same time with sponsorships and this too will be modified to allow FMV + a % to allow for owner sponsorship.

Hopefully Everton don't get let off