NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Striker - we need to move Wilson on.

Right wing - our current options just aren't good enough.

Centre half - sign Jammel up for another year as cover, but bring in a good young prospect to challenge Schar. 

Goalkeeper- someone to push Pope and replace him in the next couple of years, get rid of Dubs and Thor.

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Would anyone take Cucurella?

Nope. Looks poor every time I see him play. Another great sale by Brighton.

2 hours ago, Fezzle said:

Didnt everyone say he was on silly money? No chance

Rumor is £175,000 but even if it is less, it is likely to be prohibitive.  I loved him at Brighton. Not sure why he didn't work out.  Eddie says we are keeping Lewis Hall but then why doesn't he play?  Chelsea are in real FFP trouble. Do we help them out with £28million Hall price tag? 

Our number 1 priority should be RW (expensive) and then back up for Schar (not too expensive). LB and CM needs will be determined by Lewis Hall, Joelinton, and Bruno retention. Someone mentioned the idea of Trippier on the left and Tino on the right, which would be an interesting solution.  

People who want back up to Schar, any particular names in mind? 

Leny Yoro looks a talent, but may be on the Radar of PSG, Madrid etc so we may have no chance 

2 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Leny Yoro looks a talent, but may be on the Radar of PSG, Madrid etc so we may have no chance 

L Yoro

JC Todibo

G Scalvini

M Simakan

It wouldn't even be back-up. It would be someone ready-made to step in. If he's left-footed he can start at LB.

I think most top teams have at least 3 top options.

Dias Stones Ake Akanji

Saliba Gabriel White Kiwior

VVD Konate Matip Gomez

Pau Carlos Konsa Mings

Varane Martinez Maguire Evans

Schar Botman Lascelles Burn

Ours is the weakest by a distance.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

It wouldn't even be back-up. It would be someone ready-made to step in. If he's left-footed he can start at LB.

Dias Stones Ake Akanji

VVD Konate Matip Gomez

Pau Carlos Konsa Mings

I agree overall, but I don’t see us as weaker than Manure’s lot. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Dias Stones Ake Akanji

VVD Konate Matip Gomez

Pau Carlos Konsa Mings

Yeah depth at CB is increasing as the top teams start to play 3 CBs more often with one as a FB tucking in, in possession

I made a comment in the Hall thread wondering what our long term plans will be for him going forward with this in mind

The idea of signing a young, highly rated CB with a view to the future who could also potentially be our immediate LB upgrade is very intriguing. 

3 hours ago, janpawel said:

Tomori would be Fantastic.

3 hours ago, janpawel said:

Tosin Adarabioyo

12 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Who would everyone’s 3 ideal and realistic signings be this summer ?

Colwill for Dan Burn long term replacement.

Kelleher for GK.

Olise for RW. 

£130m spent.

2 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Would love it, but seems like the wrong area to be spending what it would cost to get him.

A keeper whose dislocated his shoulder is probably as important an area to replace as there is?

Krul declined massively after he did his. The way we set up changes massively when Pope doesn't play.

I don't think Pope had been great himself since his red card. 

I'd do it. 

If we get a new starting RW, new number 2 striker and a pacey new centre half we’ll be looking good. LB situation needs sorting though too whether that’s another playing coming on or whatever. We’re pretty well stacked in midfield especially with Tonali coming back and I’m sure we’ll re-sign Joelinton.  Though we keep getting linked with that Ederson Brazilian midfielder. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

A keeper whose dislocated his shoulder is probably as important an area to replace as there is?

Krul declined massively after he did his. The way we set up changes massively when Pope doesn't play.

I don't think Pope had been great himself since his red card. 

I'd do it. 

I think Krul went downhill after the ACL after being moved on? I remember him being decent enough before that and noticeably worse after it. Didn’t even remember him doing his shoulder. Rafa moved him on as he was crap with his feet. Oh the irony here :lol: 

Worth mentioning Pope has done the same shoulder before and come back fine. But the fact it is the same shoulder would probably be a concern for him and the club alike. 

7 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Would love it, but seems like the wrong area to be spending what it would cost to get him.

Whether we need a new keeper this summer or not, if we really like this guy and we can get him at a price we are happy with, we'll go for it.

43 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I think Krul went downhill after the ACL after being moved on? I remember him being decent enough before that and noticeably worse after it. Didn’t even remember him doing his shoulder. Rafa moved him on as he was crap with his feet. Oh the irony here :lol: 

Worth mentioning Pope has done the same shoulder before and come back fine. But the fact it is the same shoulder would probably be a concern for him and the club alike. 

Krul had already lost his place at NUFC before Rafa arrived.

2 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Krul had already lost his place at NUFC before Rafa arrived.

My memory isn’t what it once was. So many of those bad years are just erased from my memory :lol: 

Anyway. Bit weird to link it to Pope. Who has come back fine from this injury before. I think it would be more if our medical team (no laughing) think it is likely to reoccur for a third time. Or if Pope himself has any mental or physical issues with it second time around.