NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

I see Kalvin Phillips got hooked at HT. Apparently had another mare. Not sure what people thought he’d bring to us after little to no game time for two years and even less hunger to achieve. Don’t wish ill on him as probably a nice lad but glad we never went near him.

He’s actually a very nice lad with a lovely mum too. I really hope he succeeds wherever he ends up.

15 hours ago, Lotus said:

Can’t agree. He’s very competitive, great engine, tactical awareness and an incredible range of passing. 
Him instead of Longstaff would be like having 12 players on the pitch.

You don't agree he's a dickhead? I mean fair enough that's your opinion but he definitely is. Like I said, on footballing ability he gets in the team no doubt. But everything else that comes with him means I'd never want him in our team being the little ratty twat that he is.

4 hours ago, Mazzy said:

You don't agree he's a dickhead? I mean fair enough that's your opinion but he definitely is. Like I said, on footballing ability he gets in the team no doubt. But everything else that comes with him means I'd never want him in our team being the little ratty twat that he is.

How did you feel about Anthony Gordon when he was at Everton?

4 minutes ago, Lotus said:

How did you feel about Anthony Gordon when he was at Everton?

I thought he was a petulant child, who acted the way he believed he should act. Not a near on 30yr old man who should know better but still chooses to act they way he does every week. 

12 hours ago, LFEE said:

I see Kalvin Phillips got hooked at HT. Apparently had another mare. Not sure what people thought he’d bring to us after little to no game time for two years and even less hunger to achieve. Don’t wish ill on him as probably a nice lad but glad we never went near him.

I was desperate for us to sign him from Leeds and would have taken him from City in a heart beat. Whatever he had, he’s not found it again. 

11 hours ago, toon25 said:

If Eddie was given the money Arteta was given, we'd be competing with them in a year or two

Howe has been - he’s spent more than Arteta on average per window.

Arteta has had an extra two years, and a much better starting position.  

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Howe has been - he’s spent more than Arteta on average per window.

Arteta has had an extra two years, and a much better starting position.  

Not sure the maths back this up, close last season a million extra for them but net spend was more for us, but Howe's first year Arsenal spent more circa 66 million more and this year they spent circa 80 million more

His additional seasons were 160 & 86 million so overall circa 400 million more even if you add the cash we spent on Willock before Howe arrived.

If transfer market has let me down then I will hastily retreat!

Arsenal are in a league above financially. Can't compare them. And they have a productive academy that generates revenue and their best player.

Anyway rumours Olise has a £60m release clause. I think he would be a beast under Eddie but seems injury prone.

3 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:
15 hours ago, LFEE said:

I was desperate for us to sign him from Leeds and would have taken him from City in a heart beat. Whatever he had, he’s not found it again. 

He's only been out of Man City five minutes, like. There's a very good player in there, would put good money on him finding form again once he has an actual run in a team. 

He's not exactly joined a particularly well-functioning team, mind. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

He's only been out of Man City five minutes, like. There's a very good player in there, would put good money on him finding form again once he has an actual run in a team. 

Yeah, I find these posts odd when we have a manager who has regularly proven he can get the most out of players.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

Yeah, I find these posts odd when we have a manager who has regularly proven he can get the most out of players.

They were actually in very good form until he joined. Beating Spurs and Arsenal away, Man Utd at home alone in December as well as Wolves and Burnley only losing to Liverpool with a second string team in the Cup but winning twice in Europe and draw against Brighton.

Depite his style of play Moyes is no mug let’s be fair and as it stands West Ham are 3 points above us whilst still in Europe.

Wasn’t trying to be particularly critical of KP but highlighting those who thought we were being brainless for not loaning him to fix our final run of the season when he’d need to be bedded in here as well as his fitness regained made a massive misjudgement and so far have been proven wrong and those like me thinking he wouldn’t be a quick fix right.

Even long term I would’ve had my doubts as I believe he has lost some of that hunger we would demand from what would be an expensive signing for us. He’s on £140kpw which is £30kpw more than Joelinton was demanding and struggling to agree. That and EH doesn’t play with a 6.

I’ve never rated him that highly personally and  at 28-29 I can’t see him massively improving. He could prove me wrong next season of course but I think we’ll find someone better for less money. The only box he ticked for me was he doesn’t come across as a dickhead.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Arsenal are in a league above financially. Can't compare them. And they have a productive academy that generates revenue and their best player.

Anyway rumours Olise has a £60m release clause. I think he would be a beast under Eddie but seems injury prone.

I'm maybe thinking of the wrong player, but isn't Olise nearly as one footed as Almiron?

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I'm maybe thinking of the wrong player, but isn't Olise nearly as one footed as Almiron?

He is but Olise is a more natural winger - Miggy isn’t - he’s probs more of a 10 hence why his output (Miggy) isn’t as high as it should be 

11 minutes ago, Mikky said:

He is but Olise is a more natural winger - Miggy isn’t - he’s probs more of a 10 hence why his output (Miggy) isn’t as high as it should be 

I don't agree with that.

I think Olise could be brilliant at 10 and I don't think Miggy output would be any better at 10. Olise is a talented technician overall. Miggy is not. IMO anyway.

28 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I don't agree with that.

I think Olise could be brilliant at 10 and I don't think Miggy output would be any better at 10. Olise is a talented technician overall. Miggy is not. IMO anyway.

No what I am saying is that we are playing Miggy in a position that he’s not a natural in - think before coming here he’d always been a 10? You can tell by the way he plays he isn’t a natural - that’s not say if we play him 10 he’d set the world on fire as he has a ceiling which we are probably maximizing hence the need to significantly upgrade him in the summer 

I'd back Eddie Howe to get the best out of Kalvin Phillips over Moyes and that's no slight on Moyes who I actually rate very highly. 

17 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I'd back Eddie Howe to get the best out of Kalvin Phillips over Moyes and that's no slight on Moyes who I actually rate very highly. 

Not middle of the season though. He’d need a June 16th move once the window opens, rigorous pre season plan and plenty of time to get up to speed. Glad we made Wist Am the fall guys on this one.

7 hours ago, Monters said:

Not sure the maths back this up, close last season a million extra for them but net spend was more for us, but Howe's first year Arsenal spent more circa 66 million more and this year they spent circa 80 million more

His additional seasons were 160 & 86 million so overall circa 400 million more even if you add the cash we spent on Willock before Howe arrived.

If transfer market has let me down then I will hastily retreat!

It’s an average per window I’m referring to - Arteta has been there an extra two years. 

Based on transfermarkt:

Howe - €440m over five windows = €88m per window
Arteta - €683m over nine windows = €76m per window

Edited by TheBrownBottle

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s an average per window I’m referring to - Arteta has been there an extra two years. 

Based on transfermarkt:

Howe - €440m over five windows = €88m per window
Arteta - €683m over nine windows = €76m per window

You need to factor wage bill in when doing comparisons like this.

I agree NET spend usually the fairest when making purchase comparisons but it’s always going to go against us for a few years as we had no one of much worth to sell due to squad neglect.