NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

So how I see it

in:

2x CB's. A one of them left footer

DM. To replace Bruno? Or to free him higher? I doubt this will happen though...

RW. Left footed right winger, who likes to drift inside to space in front of defence and leave space for Tino/Tripps to run

Striker: Younger option behind Isak-Wilson and who can also cover right wing.

I would say CBs and RW are a must.

Out:

Almiron (I think this is certain)

Dummett (or Targett?)

Ritchie

Karius/Gillespie/Dubravka (2 of these?)

Hopefully Fraser, Hendrick (out of contract anyway), Hayden and Lewis.

The Botman injury has a massive impact on the summer. I agree 2 x CB vital, another robust striker and a right winger are vital key positions. We could do with a DM but I’m not convinced the club will go for one given Tonali will come back and Joelinton will almost certainly re-sign and given the need for other key positions to be filled. The elephant in the room is Bruno who could be sold and then you’ll see a bit of an overhaul in midfield. The LB situation needs resolving too, too much faffing about from Eddie there now.

4 minutes ago, Gonzosgone said:

The Botman news seems to make it much more likely we sell Bruno in the summer in order to generate sufficient fiscal headroom to rebuild our defence. Grim

Or we sign a Kelly on a free ?

1 minute ago, Gonzosgone said:

The Botman news seems to make it much more likely we sell Bruno in the summer in order to generate sufficient fiscal headroom to rebuild our defence. Grim

Not sure it changes a great deal. I reckon we'd have signed a CB with view to being Schar's long term replacement and getting a few games here and there. Think we'll still do that. Knowing we'd still have a pool of 4 centre-backs plus Krafth.

Don’t think it changes much either. We needed a CB in summer anyway before the injury, so should’ve been factored in. What it should do now though, cement the fact that Burn is now needed at CB and Hall needs blending in now at LB with him and Target the LB options next season, and Lascelles potentially kept around unless a deal too good needs accepting.

If we don’t suffer same injuries in defence, then a back line of Tino-Schar-New CB-Hall (Trips-Lascelles-Burn-Targett) is doable. Because if we get it right in front, the defence are more solid as a result. 

3 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I’m a pretty mild mannered fan but if we line up next season with Burn at LB and Miggy at RW I’ll go apoplectic 😂

Yeah I'm the same. I can be as pro-Howe, Mr Glass half full, positive Pete all I want, if those two areas aren't seriously addressed in the summer, I will have to question the judgement of our recruitment.

Even if its clear that Tino is getting the LB slot, I can deal with that. A RW is crucial, both Miggy and Murphy are fine as squad players (although probably better if we can flog one), but someone of Gordon's quality on the right would be transformative to the team.

Someone who fits the sort of profile we look at is Madueke from Chelsea. I don't know of his availability, or how they value him, I'm sure like every other Chelsea player he's in and out of the side but with Chelsea apparently needing to sell a player or two, he might be someone we could get.

He's young, British, loads of talent and someone the club would see as coachable. 

13 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I’m a pretty mild mannered fan but if we line up next season with Burn at LB and Miggy at RW I’ll go apoplectic 😂

Yeah, that seems a pretyy mild-mannered response [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Completely agree, would be all about the lowball offer

I've just looked and he's not started for ages, apart from against Leeds in the cup, didn't even start vs Leicester. Cole Palmer plays in his position, so he's not getting in anytime soon.

England U21 International 

Loads of skill

Powerful and quick

Plays on the right but is left footed

Potential for improvement

I know other would like us to look abroad but this is the sort of player I see us looking at.

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I like Madueke a lot too, but isn’t he a walking injury?

So, your saying he'd fit in perfectly. :lol:

In all seriousness, that's in the hands of our superb medical team to decipher.

Muscle injuries are a major scare. We need to prioritise buying players who have no real history of recurring muscle and hamstring injuries. I do think Madueke has a big future if he stays fit though 

1 hour ago, Gonzosgone said:

Hmm, not sure losing your best player is a good way to fund signing a CB. 

55 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Add Longstaff being a regular starter in the middle and I am exactly the same.

Edited by Geogaddi

2 hours ago, Gonzosgone said:

He's not died, he could be back before the end of September and only miss half a dozen games. Hardly justification for selling our best player.

All it does for me is shift the budget we (presumably) had for a CM to a CB. If Joelinton signs a new contract, Tonali will be back, Willock hopefully back to full fitness. Obviously if we did end up selling Bruno then we'd have to invest in CM but we'd then have the money to do so.

Getting the Lloyd Kelly free transfer signing wrapped up seems like a bit of a no brainer now. Kelly plus another right sided CB signing with already having extended Lascelles would be sufficient.

Edited by KDT

2 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

In fantasy land 😂

That's just the start, I want at least 4 foreign types as well.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

We’ve got Murphy. Has looked good the couple of short appearances I’ve seen of him. Maybe we will just promote him.

Is he injured? Hasn’t played for the U21s since beginning of March and I don’t think he’s been on the bench for the first team in that time