NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Thought Chiesa was a RF? Haven’t seen him in ages mind. 

Think he plays there for the national team but every time I’ve seen him at Juve he’s left side 

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Isn't he pretty average these days?

He had a number of injuries their last few years in the Prem and his play suffered with the lack of consistency.

I haven't seen much of Leicester this year, but it looks like he has been available more this season and has played well.

As an experienced option that can come into the team as a more traditional defensive midfielder, could be a solid move on a free.

12 minutes ago, LordJake said:

He plays on the left though, we’ve already got two right footed left forwards. I’d love him mind

Chiesa from what I've seen is a terror on both sides.

17 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Sorry, what year is this? :lol:

I hear you bro, believe me!

He's still just 27 years old though and when fit we've seen what he can do. It would be a free transfer for a decent squad option.

If these kinds of moves are made and it means we can keep Isak, Bruno and any other key players, then I think I'd much prefer that tbh.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

No chance we are in for Chiesa imo, seems like a lazy link.

We've been linked for a little while now and I've been following the reports.

Chiesa is going into his last year and he's been inconsistent due to issues with the manager and tactics, and Juve haven't been that great this year.

Apparently some youngster Yilmiz has done well deputising for Chiesa, and they want to go forward with him and not have to pay Chiesa as there are financial issues there too.

The fee they are after this summer will be around £45 million apparently. 

You'd imagine there would be competition, but other clubs may hesitate due to his injury history, and inconsistent form of late. Might give us a chance. 

Well worth a go for where we currently are IMO.

I think he’s close to signing a new contract with Juve. Read that somewhere. I also think we will be targeting slightly younger players than him. 

Edited by Ikon

39 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He had a number of injuries their last few years in the Prem and his play suffered with the lack of consistency.

I haven't seen much of Leicester this year, but it looks like he has been available more this season and has played well.

As an experienced option that can come into the team as a more traditional defensive midfielder, could be a solid move on a free.

Looks like he's completed 90mins only five times this season.

I bet he's on a lot of money too and I thought he looked really poor in his last Prem season 

Sounds like a signing we’d make under Ashley. Don’t want this type of players. I want hungry players that are on their way up. Real quality that can grow even further with us. We have enough dead wood already. 

15 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Sounds like a signing we’d make under Ashley. Don’t want this type of players. I want hungry players that are on their way up. Real quality that can grow even further with us. We have enough dead wood already. 

I agree with you.

In an ideal world, all of our signings would be like so.

However, this FFP is a real issue. And so how do we improve significantly as quickly as possible without having to lose any of our best players?

If it means looking at the likes of Kelly, Tosin and Ndidi as free squad options, while then adding one or two younger, hungrier players like you mentioned then I'd understand it.

23 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Looks like he's completed 90mins only five times this season.

I bet he's on a lot of money too and I thought he looked really poor in his last Prem season 

He was poor that last season coming back from injury for sure.

All depends on how he's looked this season, which I haven't paid enough attention to, and whether he is deemed a risk worth taking on a free to build up the squad.

Chiesa hasn't been the same player since that nightclub video where he looked like he was on more packet than an nufc away fans coach. 

Sesko - CF (Wilson replacement) - 45m (15m for Wilson)

Chiesa - RW (Almiron replacement) 45m (15m for Almiron)

Kelly - LCB/LB (Dummett replacement) - Free / Free

Tosin - RCB (Schar cover) Free

Miranda - LB (Targett replacement) Free / 10m for Targett

Mamardashvili - GK (Dubravka replacement) - 30m (1m for Dubravka) 
K Thuram / Y Fofana - CM - (Longstaff replacement) 35m (15m for Longstaff)

- 155m spend, 55m brought in = 100m net spend and the team will be looking very solid indeed

CB slightly weak but can do a big CB signing the following summer or January

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

I'm not sure how he wouldn't be near the first team when we've got the likes of Anderson and Miley playing for us. Gray has played at a higher level than both of them before they played for us

When was the last time Eddie fast-tracked a young player into the first team though? Every 18 year old we've signed recently has gone out on loan or spent the best part of a season on the bench. Miley was brought in due to an injury crisis, otherwise he'd have been nowhere near the first team. Gray definitely has more first team experience than those we've signed previously but i'm still not he'd be considered first team material.

Edited by Holmesy

18 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He was poor that last season coming back from injury for sure.

All depends on how he's looked this season, which I haven't paid enough attention to, and whether he is deemed a risk worth taking on a free to build up the squad.

No free transfer is really a free transfer though, he'll have a large signing on fee and probably want his wages matched.

Feel like he's got the profile of a player who would move to Saudi

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

No free transfer is really a free transfer though, he'll have a large signing on fee and probably want his wages matched.

Feel like he's got the profile of a player who would move to Saudi

Could see him in Saudi tbf.

Signing on fee for him would be nowhere near a typical transfer fee nowadays. Wouldn't even reach double figures I don't think. He's not really in position to make crazy demands.

He's always been at Leicester so his salary isn't crazy. Highest I've just seen online is £75k.

Gray looks a great prospect and if FFP wasn’t an issue I would be all for it. However, it is an issue and we need first team players now.

We have committed a chunk of money to Lewis Hall as a prospect, Leeds will be looking for a similar amount minimum for Gray.

Edited by Matt1892

25 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Sesko - CF (Wilson replacement) - 45m (15m for Wilson)

Chiesa - RW (Almiron replacement) 45m (15m for Almiron)

Kelly - LCB/LB (Dummett replacement) - Free / Free

Tosin - RCB (Schar cover) Free

Miranda - LB (Targett replacement) Free / 10m for Targett

Mamardashvili - GK (Dubravka replacement) - 30m (1m for Dubravka) 
K Thuram / Y Fofana - CM - (Longstaff replacement) 35m (15m for Longstaff)

- 155m spend, 55m brought in = 100m net spend and the team will be looking very solid indeed

CB slightly weak but can do a big CB signing the following summer or January

If only it where that simple.

37 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

This summer's Paqueta / Szoboszlai.

Speaking of Szoboszlai as the market is understandably quiet this time of the season. What’s everyone’s thoughts on him after his first (almost) full season? Better deal than Maddison? Or would you stick and back Tonali to better them both?

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Speaking of Szoboszlai as the market is understandably quiet this time of the season. What’s everyone’s thoughts on him after his first (almost) full season? Better deal than Maddison? Or would you stick and back Tonali to better them both?

Back Tonali to be better

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Don't like Szoboszlai in central midfield. Seems a bit lightweight in there.

Liked him operating from wider areas when he was at Leipzig. Think it suits him better.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

We have no choice, tbf. 

Tonali will be fine. Actually really looking forward to it