NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I reckon if Minteh continues his accelerated development we could have areal great back up winger to replace Miggy with for free. Keep Murph as he is able to play wing-back half decently...

Gibbs-White and Kelly. Although i want a elite CB. But that can wait until next summer imo. 

Start of season lineup

Barnes - Isak - Gordon

Gibbs-White - Guimaraes - Joelinton

Burn - Kelly - Schär - Trippier

Pope

Kelly, Livramento, Miley, Longstaff, Tonali and Almiron as important subs

Edited by Sweee
Many unserious people on this site

I’m content with Kelly IF he’s brought in as another body for the squad. With Botman out for so long I want us to sign a quality CB. 

Just now, Ikon said:

I’m content with Kelly IF he’s brought in as another body for the squad. With Botman out for so long I want us to sign a quality CB. 

Just now, Kanji said:

Tonali on the bench :lol: 

This is my lineup for the start of the season. My idea is that he grow in more and more during season now when hes been out for a long time. 

13 minutes ago, Sweee said:

Gibbs-White and Kelly. Although i want a elite CB. But that can wait until next summer imo. 

Barnes - Isak - Gordon

Burn - Botman - Schär - Trippier

Pope

Botman won't be ready surely. Burn and Schar to continue if we haven't got anyone else in and Hall or Kelly (if he signs) at LB would be better. No sense rushing Botman back AGAIN. Also, Id be swapping Miley on the bench for Anderson, Miley can go out on loan to the championship (assuming Willock is fit and we sign another CM as you've suggested) 

Almiron needs to sold as it's pretty much our last chance to get big(ish) money for him. Also, no Wilson on that bench so Im guessing you'd get rid and that means we'd need to bring another striker in to cover.

25 minutes ago, Sweee said:

Start of season lineup

Barnes - Isak - Gordon

Pope

Burn at LB? Come on, friend

My thoughts are that so far we haven't really done "stop gap" type signings, by that I mean signing players specifically because they are deemed a good deal or a bargain. Therefore my instinct is that we won't go near Kelly or Tosin, unless we had already seen them as potential signings, which is possible.

Ultimately, players will need to fit whatever model/system we have and can't be signed just because they are good value.

It's much more likely that we will have a quality CB (probably from the continent) on our radar, who will fit the pattern of players we've signed more recently:

Aged between 19-25

Experienced for their age 

Potential for improvement 

Versatile

30-50m

From a club that are vulnerable financially to us

Of course that's dependent on the sort of finances we have...

I know its not really for this thread but I can't wait to see the game where we have our current front 3, with Livramento at RB behind Gordon.

31 minutes ago, Sweee said:

Start of season lineup

Barnes - Isak - Gordon

Pope

MGW is not a central midfielder mate.

40 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Don't want Kelly if it forces burn to lb. Even till botmans return. Burn is the cover for botman. Kelly comes in as a lb or we go elsewhere, IMHO. 

I don’t think I want Kelly at all. I guess it depends on what kind of room we have when it comes to spending. Would prefer to not sign too much “dead wood” . Prefer to get top quality or very young players with massive potential. But yeah, ffp…

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I don’t think I want Kelly at all. I guess it depends on what kind of room we have when it comes to spending. Would prefer to not sign too much “dead wood” . Prefer to get top quality or very young players with massive potential. But yeah, ffp…

Think Lascelles is the additional spanner in the works, with his age and a year left, we for sure need 2 CBs unless we risk getting 1 and having 3 CB's and Krafth till they are back

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

He’s the kinda player that raises the floor though so I’m all onboard. He’s infinitely better than an option like Dummett or Ritchie coming off the bench

10 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Don't want Kelly if it forces burn to lb. Even till botmans return. Burn is the cover for botman. Kelly comes in as a lb or we go elsewhere, IMHO. 

He mainly comes on and plays LB for Bournemouth.

1 hour ago, Sweee said:

This is my lineup for the start of the season. My idea is that he grow in more and more during season now when hes been out for a long time. 

He's been training with the first team every day. He'll be more up to speed with what Howe wants from him than MGW.

The journalists have clearly been briefed this week. What do we all think the reasons are for that? What story are the club suppressing that the press have hold of? Or is it just to distract slightly from ticket price hikes?