NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Talk about dodging a bullet...

There would still be people on Twitter saying "I think he's worth a punt for £20M" 

Biggest blown career of the last few seasons. All he had to do was NOT move to Man City. Now he'll struggle to ever regain what he had at Leeds/England at that time.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Keeper, Diomande, Sesko and Nico Williams and we’ll win the league next season.

Id be surprised if we shell out major cash for a keeper this summer 

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

Id be surprised if we shell out major cash for a keeper this summer 

Same, although I didn’t expect us to spend 40 million on a RB last summer so who knows if the right one becomes available.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Same, although I didn’t expect us to spend 40 million on a RB last summer so who knows if the right one becomes available.

True, ‘availability’ is the key 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not sure like. I think a sweeper keeper who can actually use his feet would be transformative. 

Keeper who can sweep and central defender with pace, lets us play with high line would be transformative.

Edited by Whitley mag

Posted (edited)

With all our players coming back from injury, the squad doesn't really look awful for next season does it? You could argue we should continue our policy of only landing long term targets if they become available. Obviously if we can get Tosin that will go a long way to solving our CB crisis, then we still need a keeper and maybe a RW. Nothing is really desperate though, we could conceivably hold onto our players and go again, then spend the money when PSR isn't so restrictive.

Edited by TRon

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I think we need more than that to be honest, greater depth. Just look at City and Arsenals squad depth. But we have the makings of a seriously good side. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

With all our players coming back from injury, the squad doesn't really look awful for next season does it? You could argue we should continue our policy of only landing long term targets if they become available. Obviously if we can get Tosin that will go a long way to solving our CB crisis, then we still need a keeper and maybe a RW. Nothing is really desperate though, we could conceivably hold onto our players and go again, then spend the money when PSR isn't so restrictive.

A number 2 striker who doesn’t miss 2/3rds of the season and a game changing RW who scores goals together with some solid defensive back up and we’re looking pretty good really. 

16 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Pretty sure we’d have to sell Bruno to fund anything of the sort.

8 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Keeper who can sweep and central defender with pace, lets us play with high line would be transformative.

Aye. I know it's harsh on Pope but if we've earmarked someone who can do that, it transforms us. He's good from a defensive perspective coming out and relieving the pressure, but if you've got someone who can also set us away in attack by sweeping up then we're laughing. If Pope had Pickford's feet he'd be one of the greats.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Pretty sure we’d have to sell Bruno to fund anything of the sort.

A striker like Sesko, a new RW and a couple free transfers like Tosin and Kelly is doable. I agree though I don’t see where the funds are available for any other major signings. 

If we sign Tosin:

RW/Striker, preferably somebody who is a bit of both but that's a tough ask. 

LB, I absolutely love Hall, but he's 19 and I'd love us to pull out a "Tonali" type signing in this position. Imagine someone of Trippiers calibre on the left.

Even if we sign Tosin, I'd be tempted on a big outlay on another CB. Under Howe we score goals for fun, we need more depth in defence.

Posted (edited)

Assan Ouédraogo (17yrs)

Shalke 04

Various clubs have sent scouts to watch him including Newcastle 

Rumoured 15m release clause.

We are looking at Europe's elite youth talent including Roony Bardghji of Copenhagen, and Sweden, hopefully Isak has a word with Roony.......

We missed out on the last Rooney 😪 

Edited by mighty__mag

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Assan Ouédraogo 

Ouédraogo Ouédraogo Ouédraogo

that’s his chant sorted then! 

I’ve not seen many Sporting games to be honest. But been watching a lot of Diomande on YouTube and judging on that (I know) along with stuff I’ve read he looks absolutely perfect for us. Hope the rumours about us trying for him are true. Him and Tosin on a free would be dreamy. Probably too pricey, but not impossible considering that we’ve scouted Sporting on many occasions and we don’t mind paying big cash for what we see as the right player. With Botman out for ages and Schär not getting any younger it might be a position we are prepared to spend big on anyway. I’d be very happy with a Tosin and Kelly if it means more money available for other positions too. 

29 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I’ve not seen many Sporting games to be honest. But been watching a lot of Diomande on YouTube and judging on that (I know) along with stuff I’ve read he looks absolutely perfect for us. Hope the rumours about us trying for him are true. Him and Tosin on a free would be dreamy. Probably too pricey, but not impossible considering that we’ve scouted Sporting on many occasions and we don’t mind paying big cash for what we see as the right player. With Botman out for ages and Schär not getting any younger it might be a position we are prepared to spend big on anyway. I’d be very happy with a Tosin and Kelly if it means more money available for other positions too. 

I've not seen him ever, but he is rated incrediblely highly from all the twitter experts, and apparently wanted by the very top teams, like you say a dreamy coup if it comes off 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Assan Ouédraogo (17yrs)

Shalke 04

We are looking at Europe's elite youth talent including Roony Bardghji of Copenhagen, and Sweden, hopefully Isak has a word with Roony.......

We missed out on the last Rooney 😪 

Hasn’t Roony just done his acl?

Edited by Rafalove