NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

14 minutes ago, SteV said:

It’s seems a bit paradoxical that we’re saying that same website was unquestionably 100% accurate with his wages at Villa, but 100% inaccurate with his wages here….

Im not i said it was bollocks and also that its a huge contridiction on their part given what they list for Villa. I have consistently said so replying to you stating its about right

54 minutes ago, Paully said:

There is absolutely no way in the world we signed Villa’s reserve left-back for £15m and made him our 3rd (or possibly 2nd depending on what Bruno was originally on) highest earner! Absolutely zero chance! He wouldn't have been on huge money there as well! No chance!

Spot on, 100k per week 😂

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Do you think Eddie still feels the same way ? 

I have no idea, but I hope not :lol:

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

No he's on more than most of  the ones you mention.

Gordon is 60k

Wilson 50k

Barnes 80k

Botman 90k

Joelinton was 85k but renewed to around 120k

Tonali I forgot, but 140k

He's like in the top five still Targett.

It's all guesswork until it's actually disclosed, but I think everyone on that list are on 100k or more.

48 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Hindsight is selective too. For example, he played really well in the last sixteen games of 2021-22. We took 31 points from those games, only really getting tonked off Spurs and City away.
We looked dead and buried before then; 11 points from 19 games at the turn of the year. 
Obviously not just Targett making the difference, but for the difference he made in that period alone, I think he was a good signing. 

Yeah, I think people have forgotten how well he was playing back then.

Ultimately played a big part in keeping us up so can't complain too much.

His injury situation has been really unfortunate, because he's plenty good enough to be a member of the squad.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

No he's on more than most of  the ones you mention.

Gordon is 90k

Wilson 110k

Barnes 125k

Botman 70k

Joelinton was 85k but renewed to around 135k

Tonali I forgot, but 170k

He's like in the top five still Targett.

Will be more like it. 

Targett £75k

Edited by Dokko

16 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Will be more like it. 

Targett £75k

No it's not, that's what you just made up, I have no idea factually, but if you search each player you'll see what they allegedly earn.

2 hours ago, STM said:

Not sure any of this looks accurate to me.

You do your own research then, and get back to me. Those sites that publish alleged contracts details all say similar.

25 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

No it's not, that's what you just made up, I have no idea factually, but if you search each player you'll see what they allegedly earn.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

You do your own research then, and get back to me. Those sites that publish alleged contracts details all say similar.

:lol::lol:

Its not really research if you just Google stuff and yes, I question Google. 

3 hours ago, Paully said:

There is absolutely no way in the world we signed Villa’s reserve left-back for £15m and made him our 3rd (or possibly 2nd depending on what Bruno was originally on) highest earner! Absolutely zero chance! He wouldn't have been on huge money there as well! No chance!

Probably a chance though considering it was late January where we were desperate for a LB, and to get him to agree a transfer, had to put a big wage in. It was loan with option to buy, but quite a lot of the time the contract part would already be agreed with the loan party of the deal.

4 hours ago, STM said:

Joelinton I reckon is on more than 120. Gordon seems low but we will soon find out if he's given a new deal.

Joelinton likely is now, but we know he was on just over £70k per week thanks to his day in court

These sites provide some directionally accurate data, but they all seem to be lower than reality. For example, the two most popular sites list our club wages as ~£90m for 2022/23 while our published wages were £187m. Part of this can be explained by non-playing staff but Swiss Ramble estimates that first team wages account for 85-90% of a club's published wages, so these numbers are still off by over £50m. A huge part of that is likely variable bonuses.

But the main flaw is the data on these sites is predicated on reporting from various outlets and, for the most part, football journalism is bad and clubs/agents/players have kept wages shrouded in secrecy. 

Look at Gordon's page on Spotrac: https://www.spotrac.com/epl/player/_/id/49831/anthony-gordo

It was reported he's on £60k/week (who knows what the original source was) so they multiply that by 52 and show £3,120,000 per season. If that's accurate that's obviously just his base salary; we have no info on bonuses. We know the bare minimum and we have no idea if it's right.

Now look at the NFL's Patrick Mahomes: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/21751/patrick-mahomes

The headlines were that he signed a 10 year, $450m deal. But we know everything. We know his base salary in 2024 is $9.85m with a $27m restructure bonus, a $7.9m roster bonus, and a $1m workout bonus which adds up to $45.75m this year. And we know this breakdown for the next 8 years, plus the fact that he has incentives in his contract like $1.25m for winning the MVP and another $1.25m for winning the Super Bowl. Part of this is because the NFL has a salary cap and knowing how a contract impacts a team's cap is necessary, but you can see this type of thing for all sports (including baseball, which doesn't have a cap).

I find it very frustrating that the financial side of football has become so important, but the only 100% accurate data we get comes out once a year on a one year delay.

Yep.

I find it very frustrating that the financial side of football has become so important, but the only 100% accurate data we get comes out once a year on a one year delay.

Big yep. Everything else is just rumour and conjecture. The Targett being on £100k is a strong rumour started the The Mirror but nobody knows for sure. He's not been fit enough to try and shift to give us further indication.

18 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Heard a little whisper from a bloke who knows a bloke to keep an eye on Bobby Clark this summer.

Someone else on here mentioned he was homesick a while back but didn’t know whether the Carling Cup win and Clark’s role over Jan to March had changed that.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Sounds very cheap. Get it done 👍

Sounds too good to be true. Anyone checked his betting history?

Edited by Skeletor

The next piece in the puzzle. I love Pope and will be happy with him for a long time to come if his shoulder is ok but a keeper who can actually play with a football would transform us