NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

You do realise that any sponsorship from any PIF related sector or business would likely fall foul of the new APT rules the PL are bringing in and that City have just challenged?

I understand, sir.

The sponsorships must be at fair market value and not artificially inflated. That is why I mentioned that the club is gradually accumulating sponsors. As each season progresses, we can justify fair market value. Not only are we receiving more television coverage than before, but we are also competing for cups, and interest in Newcastle United has grown.

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Bruno, Trippier, Burn, Wood vs. Isak, Botman, Pope, Targett is very close. I can accept January as slightly better given the circumstances and the ludicrous fee we paid for Bruno.

Targett should be in January too as a loan signing. And that's when he was actually good!

Seeing a post in other thread about Toney, he must be high chance of happening? Going to be leaving Brentford for certain this summer, and the options for him are reducing down. 

One year left, probably can say £30m mark gets it done, and that must be a deal we’re observing to see if it changes over the coming weeks (I.e. Brentford happy to accept little less with future installments / Wilson offer comes in from someone). Certainly better deal than signing DCL IMO. 

39 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Bruno, Trippier, Burn, Wood vs. Isak, Botman, Pope, Targett is very close. I can accept January as slightly better given the circumstances and the ludicrous fee we paid for Bruno.

Ginola, Albert, Ferdinand, Barton 

4 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

And to think it was so close to Zenden and Jeffers

I remember being about 16 and somebody coming in and saying to me we have signed some French bloke as Zenden turned us down and being gutted. Then growing to have Robert as my favourite player. I think 3 of my top 5 are French!

1 hour ago, Sibierski said:

Seeing a post in other thread about Toney, he must be high chance of happening? Going to be leaving Brentford for certain this summer, and the options for him are reducing down. 

One year left, probably can say £30m mark gets it done, and that must be a deal we’re observing to see if it changes over the coming weeks (I.e. Brentford happy to accept little less with future installments / Wilson offer comes in from someone). Certainly better deal than signing DCL IMO. 

Toney won’t go anywhere that he won’t start 

14 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Surely the Robert and Bellamy summer must be up there as those two transformed us completely

Transformative for Shearer as well, as much as he didn’t get on with Bellamy in the end, he undoubtedly prolonged Shearers career at the top level.

Edited by Whitley mag

2 hours ago, madras said:

Ginola, Albert, Ferdinand, Barton 

Joey Barton has a lot to answer for. I read that list several times and thought "But Barton didn't sign until much later". I can't believe that gobshite made me temporarily forget one of my favourite players growing up! How could I allow that halfwitted bigot make me forget Warren 'Centre Parting' Barton! Wasn't he then most expensive defender ever for a time, £5 million sticks in my head.

9 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Joey Barton has a lot to answer for. I read that list several times and thought "But Barton didn't sign until much later". I can't believe that gobshite made me temporarily forget one of my favourite players growing up! How could I allow that halfwitted bigot make me forget Warren 'Centre Parting' Barton! Wasn't he then most expensive defender ever for a time, £5 million sticks in my head.

Yeah tho was £4m

2 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

We haven't had a Bellamy type in a long time, fast nippy tenacious, could be a good second striker to bring on against tired legs

I loved Bellers at City. One of those players that you hated when they weren’t playing for you, but as soon as they play their first game for you, you realise. 

He was brilliant for us - there’s a story about him leathering Robinho away in the cup because Robinho was being a lazy twat and Bellers tore him apart at halftime. 

Always 100%