NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we didn't have Tonali or Joelinton, I reckon we'd have been in for Gallagher. Don't think he'd go anywhere he's not first choice. 

I’m sure Gallagher doesn’t look at either Joelinton or Tonali and think to himself that he has no chance of getting in the team in front of them.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we didn't have Tonali or Joelinton, I reckon we'd have been in for Gallagher. Don't think he'd go anywhere he's not first choice. 

Tonali is an unknown quantity at this point, Gallagher isn’t. Just to make the point.. but I know what you’re saying.

I’ll never understand the under rating of Gallagher on here (not saying you do), he is a quality and very intelligent midfielder. He’d be incredible in our press. 

Edited by Nine

3 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Gallagher would only join if one of Bruno, Tonali or Joelinton left imo.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Agreed.

Atletico were ready to pay him around £200,000 a week for goodness sake.

A bunch of fans like to act like the guy is a big joke, just because he can look a bit awkward at times, but he really isn't. 

38 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

That would change if Longstaff was sold though. Not that I think we will sell him, just that Gallagher would be the ideal replacement if we did. 

I'm not a PSR boffin, but would selling Longstaff for 10mill give us enough money to buy Gallagher for 40m?

Transfer fee plus contract, you’re looking at £90m+ for Gallagher. Meanwhile Isak’s agent will be telling him how much less he’s getting paid.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

It is a squad player role.

He will not join to play that role. The salary he would demand wouldn't even allow it to make sense.

35 games a season isn't a "squad" player

5 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

We’re supposedly muscling in on Gallagher’s move to Atlético, which has seemingly run into trouble regarding some image-rights clause. We’ll see. 

Best mates with Guehi, according to Steve Parish. I fully support our transformation into the super happy friends club.

I've grown to 'get' Gallagher like. Longstaff under Howe has shown me that you can have a pretty poor season but still bag yourself 8 goals in that role. So in that respect I get Howe's fetish for seemingly underwhelming players like Gallagher and McTominay.

4 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

Was expecting big things from Mitchell when he came in with his contacts.

Maybe you'll find the big things (along side with your right boot) to be stuck up your ass 

Edited by BergenMagpie