NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

22 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Howe said something pretty telling today... that we don't necessarily need to lose any more players this window in order to bring them in. I guess the subtext is that we don't necessarily have to sell Miggy in order to get a new RW in, but he did say between this window and the next there would need to be player trading, in and out, to remain compliant... just not necessarily this window.

Planning to cover your PSR deficit with future sales seems naive, if that’s how I’ve read it. Who are we selling between this window and next? The dead wood we can’t already shift? Tripper and Wilson? Who will be even older by that point or out of contract? 

Unless he means a crown jewel or a wonderkid. 

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

Planning to cover your PSR deficit with future sales seems naive, if that’s how I’ve read it. Who are we selling between this window and next? The dead wood we can’t already shift? Tripper and Wilson? Who will be even older by that point or out of contract? 

Unless he means a crown jewel or a wonderkid. 

I guess what he's saying is there's no pressure to offload Miggy in a cut price deal in the next two weeks. Say the Guehi deal goes through AND we get a RW for £30-£40m... we could in theory lose Miggy, Lascelles and others anytime between now and the end of June next year to be compliant again, and with more commercial revenue coming in, that deficit might not be as great come June as it would appear now.

But what the fuck do I know 😀

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I guess what he's saying is there's no pressure to offload Miggy in a cut price deal in the next two weeks. Say the Guehi deal goes through AND we get a RW for £30-£40m... we could in theory lose Miggy, Lascelles and others anytime between now and the end of June next year to be compliant again, and with more commercial revenue coming in, that deficit might not be as great come June as it would appear now.

That’s how I read it too, but my worry is who is buying Miggy and Lascelles between now and next year for any sort of fee? Thats not a guarantee. So when we inevitably can’t, are we OK with selling Gordon? 

personally I’d rather we buy what we can, and not be relying on future sales. 

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

That makes sense anyway, and it ties in with how we are doing our recruitment. Not really sure there's a better alternative, it gives us another window to sell surplus players, and if we can't then we'll have to sell purples for a big profit. Unfortunately we can't force other clubs to buy our surplus, and we can't force them to go to clubs they don't want.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I think some people need to let the club run things and worry if they happen when they happen. Granted there’s an argument that they shouldn’t have got themselves into the situation re PSR at the end of June. But they don’t appear to be behaving recklessly as per Chelsea so for me I’m just happy to let things play out, I don’t get that worried about PSR ramifications with signings. 

I wouldn’t worry about PSR sales, as before claiming a sale is needed you need to know the revenue and costs.

On the revenue side it would be pretty dumb to do a sale they don’t want to do now, then find at the end of the year by finishing 3rd in the league and having great cup runs has generated more TV money and prize money and the sale was never needed. Or they get another commercial deal done.

56 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I think some people need to let the club run things and worry if they happen when they happen. Granted there’s an argument that they shouldn’t have got themselves into the situation re PSR at the end of June. But they don’t appear to be behaving recklessly as per Chelsea so for me I’m just happy to let things play out, I don’t get that worried about PSR ramifications with signings. 

👍🏻 It’s not ours to worry about. Enjoy the ride. Exciting “generational” talent that could be part of our spine for many years to come. He’s an investment. Hope we get this lad in.

9 minutes ago, jack j said:

Think we need to be realistic that we will need to sell one of our stars in the future like. And if @Paully gets his way then it will be gordon to Liverpool this month :whistle:

if we don’t get champions league next season at least one of them will be away anyway I reckon. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

If they leave it until next summer, they'll have to sit tight until Bruno's release clause expires again.

Is that how the clause works? I didn’t know if it would be this summer only or not.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If they leave it until next summer, they'll have to sit tight until Bruno's release clause expires again.

Howe hinted he wont have a release clause next summer.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I wonder who are ideal right wing target is.

They were all in for Raphinha a month ago (not sure if that's still a goer). I've heard another couple of names more recently but can't fucking remember them. One of them plays RW for Porto I think, but I can't remember his name.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

They were all in for Raphinha a month ago (not sure if that's still a goer). I've heard another couple of names more recently but can't fucking remember them. One of them plays RW for Porto I think, but I can't remember his name.

Conceicao?

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I'm sure you get asked loads, so apologies to add to that but is a RW still on the agenda if we purchase Guehi do you know?

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

IMG_3844.thumb.jpeg.966e03bb49d63d873813bcd687eac95d.jpeg

One of these 3 then?

48 minutes ago, jack j said:

Think we need to be realistic that we will need to sell one of our stars in the future like. And if @Paully gets his way then it will be gordon to Liverpool this month :whistle:

Ha ha I’d be gutted but I’m very fearful mate about it! 

3 hours ago, Mag3.14 said:

Todd boy clearly thinking because he chucks silly money everywhere others will too ;D
Be interesting what "creative" solution they'll come up with for FFP compliance this time - No more hotels, training grounds, or womans teams to "sell" this time round ... 

Womans team?? what's the story behind that one?

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I didn’t think we’d do this again based on how June ended, though how nervy it is greatly depends on the size of the gap.

But the new Premier League market advantage is having money to spend in June. Hopefully we can get ourselves on the other side of it.