NUFC Transfer Rumours

The top 6 are happy as still able to spend due to their incomes, majority of other owners are in it for a profit and have no will to lose hundreds of millions, aligned with UEFA’s rules nothing is changing we need to be smart and adapt.

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Low risk low cost signing, no issues with that personally. 

I have no issues with the transfer - more referring to people saying they all have a committee and signing off on players isn't easy etc

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Or mission accomplished because nobody can spend what they can to threaten the big clubs?

It’s start to affect the ‘big 6’ clubs too. For that reason it will be changed quite soon but whatever replaces it will also leverage the Big 6 inbuilt economic advantage.

6 hours ago, Kanji said:

He doesn’t like loan without obligation to buy. He liked the loan for Targett no? Stop being so up Minteh’s ass please. It’s not a good look for a fellow OG of this forum. 

You would think he would have changed his mind about the obligation to buy being a must after we were forced to pay a good wedge for Lewis Hall. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

In lieu of any new rumours let’s do some hypotheticals :lol:

If we were to just sign Guehi and nobody else what score would you give the window?

5/10 at a push 

Well if perfect is CB and RW, a top CB has to be a decent window I guess. 

Kelly is a good signing and getting a third striker in is also very useful. 

Suppose a 6/10 if we get Geuhi, 10/10 if we get a good winger as well. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

If we were to just sign Guehi and nobody else what score would you give the window?

6/10, ok maybe 7/10 given we signed Kelly and at least have a back up striker too. Not good enough though. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

6/10, we've fixed 2 major issues in the first team (Center back and a 3rd choice striker) while retaining all of our most important players, RW wouldn't have been sorted, but that'll be the only real hole left in the squad.

People saying it's "catastrophic" if we don't sign a RW is just hyperbolic nonsense.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Another hindsight question then, if we fail to bring in a RW, would people have preferred to have cashed in on Gordon or Bruno so we could refresh the squad?

Absolutely not. I'd rather we keep them, and use Murphy and Miggy, as they're not actually the worst players in the league like some make out, and can be effective.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Another hindsight question then, if we fail to bring in a RW, would people have preferred to have cashed in on Gordon or Bruno so we could refresh the squad?

Of course not. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Prefer we spend less on both a winger and a centre half and keep both of them. 

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not sure why people are so relaxed about not signing a RW when it’s our weakest position compared with the entire rest of the league

Add those two to the majority of prem teams and it would be their weakest position. Both are that poor imo.

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not sure why people are so relaxed about not signing a RW when it’s our weakest position compared with the entire rest of the league

Personally, while I want us to upgrade our RW, as it is the part of the pitch that does lack quality compared to the rest of the squad, I think people go overboard with how bad it is, and think that CB is the position that needs upgrading most.

Murphy had 11 goal involvements last year, with 7 of them being assists, that's not horrendous, infact it's half decent, while at the same time as a squad we scored our highest ever total for Premier League goals so we can make do with Murphy, deploy Miggy if we need a pressing monster, or play Gordon on the right with Barnes on the left.

Our biggest issue yesterday was getting out of the press in defence, Burn is a colossus, but he can't pass, and most of our issues came from just hoofing it long for Bournemouth to attack again, so having two ball playing CB's in Botman and Guehi with Tonali in CM will add so much to the way we play, that it's the more important position for me, if we're having to pick one.

I'd say 4/10 even if we got Guehi. We will have way overpaid causing issues financially later, we will have looked weak in the transfer market to other teams and I find the way we've gone on pursuing prem experience at the expense of PSR, Howes comments after Mitchell came in as well as the PSR deadline shambles have people questioning the strategy of the club 

It's been great that we've kept out best players but I think the reputational damage this summer has done can't be understated it's a bad look which won't be undone by signing Guehi, we look proper amatuer hour at the moment in my opinion.