NUFC Transfer Rumours

37 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Can't understand why people can't hold out another five days to see how it pans out instead of melting down.

I'll be as gutted as anyone if we sign no one, but I doubt that'll be the case.

For god's sake just piss the bed like the realists :lol:

Mitchell at Monaco got rid of loads of players and brought in loads of young talent to be developed aswell as having the policy of bringing two or three every year from the u21s to the first team. 

Do you think howe would be happy with that? 

1 hour ago, SAK said:

To be fair from memory that was a placard put up by some fans and became some sort of rallying call around the time the takeover stalled. Don’t think anyone genuinely believed it and it doesn’t obligate others to adhere to the sentiment.

With new owners and performance improvement it’s natural to want more and to push on and I wouldn’t blame anyone for having higher expectations now compared to the Ashley era.

In saying that the constant moaning doesn’t help anyone.

Just find there’s no middle ground on the forum with two extremes. The “pipe down, be happy with your lot, remember how shit it was under Ashley” camp and the “Everything’s shit, PIF don’t care, Brexit Eddie’s ruining our plans” camp.

To be honest it does just feel like a small group of people projecting their own problems onto things. I could just not rise to it tbf

Edited by Theregulars

I don’t recall Shearer being particularly hard on Benitez he was just unhappy about the ownership situation.

he has also spoken well about Howe.

2 minutes ago, James said:

I don’t recall Shearer being particularly hard on Benitez he was just unhappy about the ownership situation.

he has also spoken well about Howe.

yeah dunno what Jack is on about :lol: and  if there’s any club he’s not up the arse of its Man Utd. He hates them on a par with Sunderland. Bizarre post 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

yeah dunno what Jack is on about :lol: and  if there’s any club he’s not up the arse of its Man Utd. He hates them on a par with Sunderland. Bizarre post 

Some genuinely disturbing takes this week mind:lol:

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Can't understand why people can't hold out another five days to see how it pans out instead of melting down.

I'll be as gutted as anyone if we sign no one, but I doubt that'll be the case.

But it shouldn’t be coming down to final 4 days, where we’re 2 games into the season. Not like these are opportunistic moves, these are positions which have been known needed addressing since last summer.

7 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

But it shouldn’t be coming down to final 4 days, where we’re 2 games into the season. Not like these are opportunistic moves, these are positions which have been known needed addressing since last summer.

That won’t matter if we do manage to get in our top targets (not that I think we will at this stage).

1 hour ago, andycap said:

Mitchell at Monaco got rid of loads of players and brought in loads of young talent to be developed aswell as having the policy of bringing two or three every year from the u21s to the first team. 

Hope so

The best system to have

3 hours ago, andycap said:

Honestly don’t think he would. None of us truly know what happens behind the scene but this window has been more of the same when it comes to shipping out our average players. 

Mitchell maybe is thinking Guehi is a lot of money for us to put down for him. 

And might not be how he works as a sporting director. 

He was probably hired for his eye for a player and to get good deals in to benefit the club in our tricky ffp scenario to keep us clear of that mad rush we had a couple of month back. 

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Hope so

The best system to have

“Got rid loads of players”

applying to us, think who we would getting rid of and what will be the reaction from Howe and the fans?

2 hours ago, Sibierski said:

peeing ralph wiggum GIF

Feel like most clubs (including us) say this every year.

Maybe moan once when the moment window is closed as opposed to every second leading up to that.

6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We're so close to PSR limits because we've literally pushed as far as we can without breaking limits or selling star players. Commercially we're back ahead of "the pack" but obviously still way off the Sky 6.  We're 3 years in and we're competing with clubs who've been building their infrastructures and contacts for 20-30 years, we stood still for 14 of those. 

We're still pushing for a player that would be a club record transfer if we get it. Opinions on if he's worth it, if that's best use of £60m plus are natural but there's been some fucking drivel on here.

I think drivel is too mild mate. Some of it is psychodrama and a good chunk just actual fiction but somehow for the sake of winding oneself up. I find it bizarre

6 hours ago, nufc123 said:

Almiron and Murphy are guaranteed starters. Burn is nailed on (if no signing) until the new year if Botman returns.

That doesn’t stand up to the most elemental of scrutiny: they play in the same position and Murphy has started in place of him twice. Even if we didn’t sign anyone else they’re not guaranteed starters if they don’t play well enough. 

On the flip side, aside from maybe Brighton (and they’ve still lost their best and IMO most important player from last season in Groß) and West Ham (bought a lot of West Hammy players) would anyone say they’ve nailed the window? Not so sure.

Almost like buying guaranteed starters in a competitive marketplace is a fraught old game.

(I’m sure there’s some I’ve missed)