NUFC Transfer Rumours

Just now, Sibierski said:

Have the whole boardroom gone on summer holidays? No incomings, and no outgoings :D 

Utter shambles. Going to be absolute panic stations over these next 30 hours. 

Max Thompson was loaned out today, I'll have you know. 

Is it possible we don't have any money because of PSR?  I don't really delve into that, as I don't understand it and I don't want to.  It's depressing and boring as fuck, TBH.  Everything I've read seemed to suggest we had a decent enough budget to get a top player or a couple of decent ones.  Even without outgoings.   

But the fact we've pissed about so long, seemingly don't even want to consider loans when we're desperate in certain positions and there have been no concrete links to anyone bar Guehi.....

It is certainly worrying™.

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Is it possible we don't have any money because of PSR?  I don't really delve into that, as I don't understand it and I don't want to.  It's depressing and boring as fuck, TBH.  Everything I've read seemed to suggest we had a decent enough budget to get a top player or a couple of decent ones.  Even without outgoings.   

But the fact we've pissed about so long, seemingly don't even want to consider loans when we're desperate in certain positions and there have been no concrete links to anyone bar Guehi.....

Doubt we'd be in for Guehi if we had no budget.

No, we have some money to spend as has been reported. We’ve bid 60m for Olise and 65 for Guehi. 

Personally I think Tonali has made them think twice about buying from the continent as they don’t have the levels of due diligence to feel like it’s a sure thing. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Doubt we'd be in for Guehi if we had no budget.

Not to be all tin hat, conspiracy theorist.  But could that have all been a load of bollocks?  As in they were never going to sell for the price we were willing to go to.  Posturing from Parrish to look like he's great for not selling another one of the crown jewels.  Then us looking like 'we tried'.....

Sorry.  I know you hate that line :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Not to be all tin hat, conspiracy theorist.  But could that have all been a load of bollocks?  As in they were never going to sell for the price we were willing to go to.  Posturing from Parrish to look like he's great for not selling another one of the crown jewels.  Then us looking like 'we tried'.....

:lol:

Nah, I genuinely think if there was nothing to spend they'd just tell us. Maybe I'm naive though.

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

It’s a line that has popped up in my head having woke up this afternoon from night shift to Groundhog Day, again ……. As did “keeping our powder dry” [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

If PSR is a big concern you’re not waving the fat end of £70m under Crystal Palace’s nose IMO. 

I think the fact of the matter is they’ve spotted an opportunity to get the player they wanted above everything else, believed they could get a deal done and simply ran out of road.

The next 24 hours will be interesting. You’d hope there’s some alternative names and they’ll move quite quickly to try and get at least a body in.

There's definitely money to spend, we wouldn't even have been considering £70M if not. We wouldn't have been able to make that kind of profit up with a Dubravka or Targett sale, just wouldn't have been enough, even with amortisation.