NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 minute ago, andycap said:

The good thing about a constantly open window is if someone did get one of your big players off you. 

You'd have plenty of time to bring someone in to replace them. 

Same with injuries like botman we could go get a makeshift loan so your season doesn't die. 

Downside (for wealthy vultures) is as it’s open for longer less time pressure on distressed sellers to sell by a certain date.

You know what I wish? That someone had spotted Mbeumo 6/12 months ago. I don't think there was a fan in the world thought he was a good player back then... not a single person. Certainly not anyone with a name being with K.

Feel like this board is missing someone who could feed us knowledge on any African based players, it's certainly missing someone who could hammer the point home every 5 minutes and let some of us know that we are fat and lazy. Alas, can't have everything. :lol:

YouTube scouting report:

looks like an attacking midfielder/wide right.

Tall and strong, a quick player but not fast, uses his movement and dribbling to get past opponents (some of the dribbling reminded me of old Jack Grealish).

Good awareness of where teammates are, good passer especially through balls.

Good finisher with right foot, only one with left.

8 minutes ago, SAK said:

YouTube scouting report:

Tall and strong, a quick player but not fast, uses his movement and dribbling to get past opponents (some of the dribbling reminded me of old Jack Grealish).

He’s a very exciting talent but I don’t think he’s the actual profile of RW we need - he’s more of an inverted attacker (if that makes any sense)

45 minutes ago, SAK said:

YouTube scouting report:

shock-shocker.gif

2 hours ago, andycap said:

The good thing about a constantly open window is if someone did get one of your big players off you. 

You'd have plenty of time to bring someone in to replace them. 

Same with injuries like botman we could go get a makeshift loan so your season doesn't die. 

Yes but that just spoils another team’s season along with their fans. 

A squad should be locked before season starts then you manage it. Then judge yourself at end of season.

If you get 4 GK injuries you play your 5th or outfield player who fancies himself as one. You don’t go plundering other teams first choice GKs.

If you sack a manager you can’t replace him with an employed one during the season would be another change I’d make.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Yes but that just spoils another team’s season along with their fans. 

A squad should be locked before season starts then you manage it. Then judge yourself at end of season.

If you get 4 GK injuries you play your 5th or outfield player who fancies himself as one. You don’t go plundering other teams first choice GKs.

If you sack a manager you can’t replace him with an employed one during the season would be another change I’d make.

Not sure about the Manager rule 

Just now, Ben said:

Not sure about the Manager rule 

Makes clubs less trigger happy and stops disruption of other clubs seasons. Actually think it’s already a rule in some major leagues. La Liga and Serie A possibly?

1 hour ago, Mikky said:

He’s a very exciting talent but I don’t think he’s the actual profile of RW we need - he’s more of an inverted attacker (if that makes any sense)

I think this is the profile we need on RW, he feels like a cheaper Olise who we were keen on.

We need more creativity in the team and he will help.

1 hour ago, Funtime Frankie said:

I think this is the profile we need on RW, he feels like a cheaper Olise who we were keen on.

We need more creativity in the team and he will help.

Actually I think you might be right here: it’s a good point you make:  ideally you want 4 wingers at the club who are all different in their styles; ideally if you want a RW that inverts, you need a RB that’s good going forward