NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

28 minutes ago, Cronky said:

It's only mid-July. No need to press the panic button just yet.

The Barnes link will probably go through, and if we were to add strength to the LB and CB positions that would leave us in good shape I reckon. Any more signings to that might lead to issues in integrating the newcomers.

If we can just do that, I'd be optimistic of another top four finish, despite the European commitments. Eddie is worth an extra 25 points to us each season.

Well said. I wonder if they’ll target LB or CB as a potential main 3rd signing assume Barnes does eventually join? I guess it depends what Howe things of both Targett and Lascelles which may dictate that. I still have a feeling Lascelles may go late in the window. I think we’ll possibly add 1 or 2 with loan options later in the window too.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

11 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Bothered?

I’d be questioning the owners judgement. 

Already? 

that’s bad to hear - I’d trust them that it was due to ffp restrictions rather than jumping straight in to “question their judgement” so soon after what they’ve done for us so far.

11 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

We’ve already made a second signing, or to be accurate Tonali was signing #2. Even just considering Tonali, we’ve brought in a top class player in our weakest position by far. If it ended here I’d have faith in Howe to make it work with the players at his disposal. I’m not expecting a season as good as the one just ended in any case. European football qualification, a decent CL campaign and perhaps a cup run would be pretty good considering the foundations are still being laid for this project we’re on. I’d be mildly disappointed, but hardly up in arms. I’d rather we buy only top class players and prospects rather than more of what we already have and will struggle to offload in years to come.

Best answer for me ?

Sorry if its been mentioned/discussed, but watching that training video the club put on YT, Manquillo featured and was going through similar tests to other players.

I thought a deal was agreed that he were letting him go / he'd agreed a deal?

Just now, TK-421 said:

Sorry if its been mentioned/discussed, but watching that training video the club put on YT, Manquillo featured and was going through similar tests to other players.

I thought a deal was agreed that he were letting him go / he'd agreed a deal?

Think I read he’s been told he can go and he’s been looking for a club. Just hasn’t found anything yet I guess. 

Under contract until 2027 but on a low wage which you would think would have to be re-negotiated, particularly these days with the way agents work. Could still be a tricky one for Napoli to negotiate as he may want a release clause on any new contract and their owner is notoriously a hard negotiator.

I don't doubt for a second our interest in him is very, very real.

Just a case of whether it's financially viable right now.

As much as I do feel we need to build a squad, spunking the rest of the budget on Ben Kvarfa is likely going to pay off better long term than spending it on Barnes, Tierney and a similar level CB.

Here’s the article:

The danger, as usual, comes from Oltremanica. Because dangerous emissaries have ready the offer for a star until now considered untouchable: Kvaratskhelia. Newcastle, after Tonali, think again about fishing in Serie A and aim for the Georgian outfielder, elected best footballer in our league. Operation that the English club that has become a property of the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund (PIF) since October 2021 wants to materialize after thining the squad.

Napoli trembles, therefore, also because the 'super indecent proposal' could also come for the other blue star. Not only Osimhen, then, with the Psg having no intention of going to the "twelfties" of the presidential evaluation (but Luis Enrique placed him at the top of his wish list). But for Kvara, De Laurentiis always kept the doors locked. It is clear that everything depends on the offer: for the moment, Saudi intermediaries are talking about a figure of around 90 million euros. Now there are two things: De Laurentiis will close every negotiation in the bud or try to unleash an auction. For sure, it's a very hot summer, because these club-States can get their hands practically anywhere without paying attention to figures. Kvara has 4 years of contract and is ready to renew, with adjustment of his salary. But the ways of the market, you know, are endless. Yesterday De Laurentiis took part (at a distance) in the assembly of the League for TV rights. Still, nothing defined.