NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, STM said:

I'd put in 50m bids for both Eze and Bowen.

Bowen would be an exact upgrade on Miggy on that side and he screams of Eddie Howe. I'm a huge fan.

Eze is an outrageous talent, he could play on the right for us or as a more attacking minded number 8. 

The key being that both are PL proven, will take no time to settle and will instantly improve our ability to break teams down.

(I'm sure there are cheaper options abroad, but I won't pretend to know the market).

Hasn’t Bowen just signed a new 7 year deal ? No chance he goes for 50 million.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hasn’t Bowen just signed a new 7 year deal ? No chance he goes for 50 million.

Protecting their asset?

Maybe not. Its the type we should be after though.

Just now, rebelrouser said:

How does Tonali's suspension affect FFP? We know we don't have to pay him £11m in salary. 

Has nothing to do with FFP. It likely affected his availability at that price which was being discussed unless you believe Milan knew nothing.

2 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Bowen is great but we already have a player like him in Harvey Barnes we just haven't seen him much.  I'd say Bowens game is probably more expansive though. But the returns are there for Harvey.

Bowen is more creative. 

Bowen has a 7 year contract.  He would go for closer to £100m than £50m. They would laugh at £50m. 

I might be In minority but got to say I’d be disappointed if we committed to a permanent deal for Phillips. He’s 28 barely played and if we we’re obligated to fork out 40 million of our budget on him I think it would look a short sighted deal in January, with many better options potentially out there next summer.

If it’s a 3 million loan deal without an obligation it potentially makes sense, it would be a stop gap until Tonali returns, but big part of me hopes it’s a bull shit rumour and we have something a bit more exciting lined up.

37 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Certainly wouldn’t be against bringing in a player with a bit more experience, not sure if Phillips is the answer mind. 

Yeah I’m not 100% convinced Phillips is the answer but I’m torn because I think Howe could have a massive impact on him if you look at players like Gordon and those who improved who were already here. Hes 28 in his prime and with a point to prove (you’d hope). I do think we’d benefit from a more designated defensive midfield just to give us more options but whether that player is Phillips or whether they have an eye on someone next summer or even if they see Tonali doing some of that role next season even if he isn’t that exact type player. A Phillips version from a fee years ago sitting with Bruno and Miley/Joelinton just ahead ‘could’ be awesome. 

I suppose with Phillips loan with option to buy if he does well is probably the best idea. 

Not sure what the beef is with this lad? 

We're a team in transition. Not every player we go for will be a bairn for the future or have any resale value. Even if you go by the difference in our home/away form you'd appreciate the need to do something. 

He's a good player and will provide solidity through the middle. Him and Bruno would be class

Him behind Bruno and Tonali would be awesome. 

I'd not sniff at the chance to sign him

13 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Not sure what the beef is with this lad? 

We're a team in transition. Not every player we go for will be a bairn for the future or have any resale value. Even if you go by the difference in our home/away form you'd appreciate the need to do something. 

He's a good player and will provide solidity through the middle. Him and Bruno would be class

Him behind Bruno and Tonali would be awesome. 

I'd not sniff at the chance to sign him

Yeah I think players are written off too easily, just look at Gordon, I had my doubts about him like others did. If Howe wants Phillips and he comes in that’s good enough for me. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie