NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I can see there are a some dumb people in this forums. Idiots like this have been holding this club back for 30 years. Just accepting and taking whats given, without seeing the bigger picture.

38 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

The Athletic have a piece of doing a squad audit, but it’s basically everything that’s being discussed on here with no new names linked. 

Typical athletic piece on us then.

1 hour ago, BlueLion said:

I can see there are a some dumb people in this forums. Idiots like this have been holding this club back for 30 years. Just accepting and taking whats given, without seeing the bigger picture.

OK, what’s the bigger picture?

What should we do with the ~£150m from selling Barnes and Bruno?

1 hour ago, BlueLion said:

Beth?

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

So they basically fabricated that whole story so we could have a nice song about how he’s turned down Chelsea and Man Utd? 🙂

“They wanted Tosin, its us he’s chosen, so just send those sad fuckers away”

ChatGPT…

(To the tune of "My Old Man's a Dustman")

🎵

He turned down Chelsea’s offer,
Said no to Man United too,
He came to wear the black and white,
He’s here for me and you,

Oh Tosin, oh Tosin,
You’re our Geordie pride,
You chose the mighty Toon Army,
And left the rest behind!

From Stamford Bridge to Old Trafford,
They all wanted you,
But Tosin saw the glory,
Of playing for the Toon!

Oh Tosin, oh Tosin,

🎵

10 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

So weird to have the opinion a keeper looks nowhere near good enough for us right now? 

I thought he looked terrible every time I saw Burnley or their highlights. Not sure why we would spend what I would guess would be quite a substantial fee. On someone who is nowhere near the level we are after, might never be, but won’t be for a good few years regardless. 

Keep hearing we are restricted by FFP. Yet we keep getting linked with goalkeepers that are not worth it as a backup, not better than Pope or would cost a bomb.

Either get a genuinely decent number 2 that wouldn’t cost the earth or go and get a marquee signing to replace Pope. Trafford is neither of these and I don’t think we can risk another Hall or Livramento, for the future type signings for decent money. 

I've watched football for 30 years now, since I went to my first game, I've not once seen a 21 year old keeper look ready to be a number 1.  My point is that people have made their judgement on a 21 year old and basically labelled him shite and that's that.

Personally, I'd ask serious questions of Vincent Kompany for playing such a naive brand of football, leading to conceding so many chances and exposing a 21 year old goalkeeper.

Burnley switched to Muric, who despite what people say, wasn't a good keeper, he made two of the worst howlers you are ever likely to see.

Moreover, obviously someone somewhere rates Trafford, after all he's the U21s England keeper and given the standard of player we are now producing, that's not to be sniffed at. He also came through at City, again, someone rates him.

Then there's the point about needing to spend money on a keeper. We've got two choices:

1. Sign a cheap backup in the mould of a Fraser Forster and hope Pope stays fit.

2. Sign a quality goalkeeper to compete with Pope, whether number 1 or number 2. This costs.

We can spend 10m or so on Trafford, 20m or so on Ramsdale or 30m or so Marmadashvilli. The quality goes up with the price, but so does our FFP restriction.

16 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

ChatGPT…

🎵

Oh Tosin, oh Tosin,

They all wanted you,
But Tosin saw the glory,
Of playing for the Toon!

Oh Tosin, oh Tosin,

🎵

😄

9 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

Would require a quite spectacular reversal on the 'no dickheads' policy. 

Was a bit of a joke, is he known to be a bit of a character?

29 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

ChatGPT…

🎵

Oh Tosin, oh Tosin,

They all wanted you,
But Tosin saw the glory,
Of playing for the Toon!

Oh Tosin, oh Tosin,

🎵

It's better than some of our chants that catch on tbf. 

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

ChatGPT…

🎵

Oh Tosin, oh Tosin,

They all wanted you,
But Tosin saw the glory,
Of playing for the Toon!

Oh Tosin, oh Tosin,

🎵

😂 premature but funny and I’m sure you could weave in slow Manc bastard if it doesn’t come to pass. 

45 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Was a bit of a joke, is he known to be a bit of a character?

His Mam is a professional arsehole, I mean agent. Constant problems and noise.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, STM said:

I've watched football for 30 years now, since I went to my first game, I've not once seen a 21 year old keeper look ready to be a number 1.  My point is that people have made their judgement on a 21 year old and basically labelled him shite and that's that.

Personally, I'd ask serious questions of Vincent Kompany for playing such a naive brand of football, leading to conceding so many chances and exposing a 21 year old goalkeeper.

Burnley switched to Muric, who despite what people say, wasn't a good keeper, he made two of the worst howlers you are ever likely to see.

Moreover, obviously someone somewhere rates Trafford, after all he's the U21s England keeper and given the standard of player we are now producing, that's not to be sniffed at. He also came through at City, again, someone rates him.

Then there's the point about needing to spend money on a keeper. We've got two choices:

1. Sign a cheap backup in the mould of a Fraser Forster and hope Pope stays fit.

2. Sign a quality goalkeeper to compete with Pope, whether number 1 or number 2. This costs.

We can spend 10m or so on Trafford, 20m or so on Ramsdale or 30m or so Marmadashvilli. The quality goes up with the price, but so does our FFP restriction.

Didn’t they spend £15m on him? Why would they now sell at a loss a season later? Unless he kicks up a fuss and demands a move. I can’t see it. 

What other U21 keeper options do we have? Are we not a bit lacking in that department at all levels bar Pickford? Hence why Trafford got a call up as about 5th choice. Despite being nowhere near ready. Not that he would have played, mind. Just not sure what relevance him playing at U21 level has. Plenty of average players who get stick have played for England at junior and senior levels. 

As for points 1 and 2. I don’t think he is good enough to be a backup for us currently. Never mind compete with Pope. Especially not at what he would cost. 

Hence my comment about not wanting him anywhere near the club. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

WhatsApp flaring up with Tripps to Saudi. 

£15m

Bought a house, etc etc

Would be a shame if true. I still think he has plenty to offer.

But without going all tinfoil hat. Something seemed off last season after all the rumours and he had so many games where he just totally switched off. 

If we do sell him and get back similar or

more than what we paid for him. Then it is totally understandable. 

3 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

WhatsApp flaring up with Tripps to Saudi. 

£15m

Bought a house, etc etc

Next week be Munich.

But also why would he buy a house in Saudi instead of rent?