NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, NSG said:

I think the lack of Tosin means that our striker search turns from being a decent wedge of outlay to being a loan with option/obligation instead. 

I can see us going:

Kelly (free)

Keeper (£30m)

RW (£50m)

CB (£50m)

ST (loan with ob/op)

Obviously all that is assuming Bruno and Isak don’t go, otherwise it’ll be far more transformational. 

Which strikers are out there who would be available on a loan with an obligation to buy? I think we would like to sell Wilson and use the money to buy DCL, if that doesn't happen, we'll probably just keep Wilson then spend on a striker next season.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, TRon said:

Which strikers are out there who would be available on a loan with an obligation to buy? I think we would like to sell Wilson and use the money to buy DCL, if that doesn't happen, we'll probably just keep Wilson then spend on a striker next season.

No idea on names but would imagine someone of the Ekiteke mould. 

Edited by NSG

3 hours ago, NSG said:

I think the lack of Tosin means that our striker search turns from being a decent wedge of outlay to being a loan with option/obligation instead. 

I can see us going:

Kelly (free)

Keeper (£30m)

RW (£50m)

CB (£50m)

ST (loan with ob/op)

Obviously all that is assuming Bruno and Isak don’t go, otherwise it’ll be far more transformational. 

And Hall 30 million on top of that? no chance I would think.

100 million reduced by sales I would guess.

21 minutes ago, NSG said:

No idea on names but would imagine someone of the Ekiteke mould. 

Moukoko at Dortmund should be available for that sort of deal.

We were close to signing him January 2023 too, and so maybe we look at him again.

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Moukoko at Dortmund should be available for that sort of deal.

We were close to signing him January 2023 too, and so maybe we look at him again.

I'd be all over that.

Had a quick look at his fbref profile and #1 on his "Similar Players"? Our own silky-smooth Swedish goal machine...

(thats Isak btw not Krafth)

42 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I'd be all over that.

Had a quick look at his fbref profile and #1 on his "Similar Players"? Our own silky-smooth Swedish goal machine...

(thats Isak btw not Krafth)

Apparently the current coach isn't one for giving younger players as much of a chance so he's not featured as much this season, after a promising season last time around.

Really fits the 'young, versatile striker' profile we are claimed to be after, and has huge potential, and so would be a really good move, I agree.

We also apparently did a lot of leg work last time around when we were looking to sign him, and so you'd hop that still counts for something too.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Elliottman said:

Aye not sure where he’d fit in to be honest. 

Centre half will get the line moving up for offsides by shouting ‘Are you gonna go my way’ 

Edited by Toonjam88

With money now needed on a CB, perhaps we sacrifice this year's GK purchase. Or hope that the RW signing unlocks Gordon to be a back-up forward (+ keep Wilson).

7 hours ago, Toonjam88 said:

Centre half will get the line moving up for offsides by shouting ‘Are you gonna go my way’ 

Until he wants to get away. Transfer request incoming 

Regardless of whether Wilson stays another CF is the main priority for me. If we can move Almiron on, a RW is next, then another CB (assuming Kelly is in the bag) and then a keeper, preferably an up and coming keeper as Pope still has a couple of years left imo. 

We need to get a few players off the books, with the best fees possible and not simply playing chuck out. Our transfer business is going to be a game of chess.

Not getting Tosin is a blow short term, I’m not sure how good he is and he could have ended up on a long contract, with a big wage and limited game time. As has been mentioned, Chelsea could be playing a game of buy to sell with him. Let’s hope he tanks.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

I’m warming to Mbeumo as someone that can cover both the forward and wide right role.

He’s not exactly the player I want but with a limited budget, he’s a definite upgrade on what we have.

Thank fuck they binned Poch, was worried about them actually becoming a force again. Can’t wait until we’re better than these cunts year on year

Figured the Big Mama deal was already dead from our end. Went quite a while ago & wasn't there something saying he only wanted to move to a team in Europe?