NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, STM said:

Olise is in the Tonali level of fantasy.... it really doesn't seem a doable transfer.... but what if....

...he's also a gambling addict, should probs stay clear then.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Makes sense to me. If Chelsea get Olise, we get Madueke. Yes he's the poorer end of that bargain, but he's a cracking player and would probably cost 40/45m as opposed to 60.

Before people get all misty eyed over Olise, don't allow that to make you think Madueke isn't a really good player. A bit raw perhaps, but really good.

If Madueke's published wages (~£50k) are remotely accurate then it could definitely be attractive.

So reading between the lines, we've agreed to pay the 60m for Olise?

We need to convince the player?

Not even entertaining the thought of Olise -- we are going to get blown out of the water on wages. It would take an all-time good sales job combined with a player who is genuinely ok leaving a lot of money on the table.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

If Madueke's published wages (~£50k) are remotely accurate then it could definitely be attractive.

He's also another player who played in the England U21s side last summer. 

Like it or not he "fits" our MO.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

Not even entertaining the thought of Olise -- we are going to get blown out of the water on wages. It would take an all-time good sales job combined with a player who is genuinely ok leaving a lot of money on the table.

We may well be prepared to give him Bruno wages, which isn't to be sniffed at. There's also ways of dressing up a wage contract to keep other squad players happy. Appearance fees etc.

You are correct though, if Chelsea want to hoy 300k at him, we are fucked.

Just now, nufc123 said:

Hope we aim higher than Madueke. Talented yes, but not transformative. 

He's 22 mind. There's still growth and we've got the right man to get it out of him.

Just now, STM said:

He's 22 mind. There's still growth and we've got the right man to get it out of him.

Sure, but after all this time waiting for a new RW Madueke isnt worth the wait. Hope and think we will go Tonali for the RW. 

Just now, black_n_white said:

Who’s Olise likely to replace at Chelsea? 

Not Chelseas strategy mate. Stack em high.

Why do we think Poch left? The manager has zero say.

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

Who’s Olise likely to replace at Chelsea? 

Well Madueke finished the season for them on the right wing 

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I really don't like Madueke as a player and he comes across as a bellend as well.

Seems like a canny lad when I've seen him get interviewed. This regarding the penalty fiasco? 

But I agree that I don't think he's the best we could get by any means especially for the fee Chelsea will ask for as he's got 5 years left on his current deal there.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

18 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I really don't like Madueke as a player and he comes across as a bellend as well.

Screenshot_20240613_175954_Chrome.jpg

If Madueke does have an attitude problem, we will easily find out, just ask Wor Ant and a friend of Gordon is a friend of ours. :aww: