NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Chelsea will sell a few shit players and suddenly have the cash. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they sell them to Chelsea plc and get to keep them

Yeah I just can't see him coming here at all, we just won't be able to pay the wages that Chelsea and Man United can and at the end of the day that's pretty much all the players care about .

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

Yeah I just can't see him coming here at all, we just won't be able to pay the wages that Chelsea and Man United can and at the end of the day that's pretty much all the players care about .

Bruno, Tripps and Botman say high 👋🏻 

18 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Not really the same.

We snuck in on Bruno at a time where nobody was keen, he was on low wages and wasn't going to be offered mega money elsewhere.

Tripps was wanting back to England and probably took a wage cut. In fact he admitted he could have stayed and got more at Madrid.

Botman we were competing with a cash strapped Milan.

If Chelsea and Co really want him, they can plonk 300k on the table and he's their's.

Also, don't be surprised if Man City don't swoop for him. City tend to come in at the last minute.

I'm not saying we couldn't get him, more that a certain series of circumstances need to occur.

Edited by STM

24 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

For the Botman deal, didn't we just bomb AC Milan out with a higher bid? Sven had his heart set on Italy. He was probably gutted until he met the madlads in our dressing room.

Oh and on Olise, can we not get Daveed or Hatem to give him a ring?

Tiny skirts?

Even in Decembaire, Michael. Even in Decembaire.

Edited by Monkey Alan

1 minute ago, Monkey Alan said:

For the Botman deal, didn't we just bomb AC Milan out with a higher bid? Sven had his heart set on Italy. He was probably gutted until he met the madlads in our dressing room.

Really ? He could have said he wanted to go to AC, then his club are left to decide to accept their offer or not. Players dont HAVE to go to the highest bidder. They have a massive say as well.

1 minute ago, Monkey Alan said:

Italy is class so I don’t blame him. Totally different pace of life and better weather. If that’s what your into.

31 minutes ago, STM said:

Not really the same.

We snuck in on Bruno at a time where nobody was keen, he was on low wages and wasn't going to be offered mega money elsewhere.

Tripps was wanting back to England and probably took a wage cut. In fact he admitted he could have stayed and got more at Madrid.

Botman we were competing with a cash strapped Milan.

If Chelsea and Co really want him, they can plonk 300k on the table and he's their's.

Also, don't be surprised if Man City don't swoop for him. City tend to come in at the last minute.

I'm not saying we couldn't get him, more that a certain series of circumstances need to occur.

Yep, at this moment in time we're kind of at Spurs-Poch levels in recruitment where we invest in young players or perhaps those that are coming off a bad season.

We don't usually try to go toe to toe with the big lads. We will get there, but we're just not at that point yet. It's why although it's class to see the ambition and outlay committed, Olise feels very unlikely. Equally, I think we'll know that too and have an exciting second choice lined up.

Edited by The Prophet

If we are signing Olise, especially for cash up front, that doesn't exactly tie in with our "close to FFP" rumours.

Who's leaving? Feels like it needs to be someone significant. :(

4 hours ago, Andy84 said:

With Olise I think it will suddenly be that Liverpool have agreed a deal and he’s travelling for a medical 

Agree with this but I think we're more in the running than we're giving ourselves credit for. 

By all accounts he's extremely focused and diligent with his career choices and we're arguably the only club that could guarantee him a starting place whilst also having the finances, stabilty and ambitions to match his own. 

Edited by Thumbheed

6 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

If we are signing Olise, especially for cash up front, that doesn't exactly tie in with our "close to FFP" rumours.

Who's leaving? Feels like it needs to be someone significant. :(

Don’t think it matters whether we pay up front or not, if he’s on a 4 year contract it would still be spread over that period for FFP purposes.

Olise won’t be going somewhere because it’s the first option that shows up. Can see him staying if one of his preferred choices don’t stump up the cash this window. Having said that, someone will for sure as they won’t want to miss out. Also, 60m isn’t much for him. 

Edited by Ikon

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Don’t think it matters whether we pay up front or not, if he’s on a 4 year contract it would still be spread over that period for FFP purposes.

It doesn’t matter for FFP, but it matters for Crystal Palace who then have the money upfront to reinvest. 

I think we have a handy knack of bait and switch. We are genuinely interested in Olise, but we are probably fully aware that we could get gazumped. However if we move hard and fast, it forces the rich clubs out of the shadows.

It's quite a good tactic because we can move on quickly or get a serious player in quickly.

I've said all along I don't think we will get Olise but I think we may end up with a "second choice" of someone equally good. For example, if we can spend 60m on Olise, we can almost certainly get Williams, Neto or maybe someone a bit different like MGW for less than that.

36 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wonder why no one other than Chelsea activated the release clause last summer. It was around 25-30 million then.

Wasnt he injured or something at the time?

38 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Wasnt he injured or something at the time?

Tore his hamstring at the U21 Euros I think or maybe prior to it