NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

40 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

You'd think there would be outgoing news shortly, if reports of us needing to sell are correct.

From July. We're just about on right side of PSR limit (in my opinion)

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

From July. We're just about on right side of PSR limit (in my opinion)

Is that from the clubs operating books you’ve seen then? :lol:

Just now, Lordshola said:

Is that from the clubs operating books you’ve seen then? :lol:

No it's snippets of quotes from those at the club. They'd have known in January if they were in bother and would have acted accordingly. It's tight enough that we couldn't spend much.

Leaving it with 2 weeks to go before they might potentially get a fine and a points deduction (if an outgoing transfer didn't work out) is not how they operate.

So common sense tells that we're on the right side of it. You disagree?

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Actually there was a blog on the Swiss Ramble about this today. Nut I don't have access.

Just Google Swiss ramble and you can link through substack

Edit.....nah it just gives a bit pre amble.

Edited by madras

11 hours ago, nemtizz said:

His agent sounds like a massive cunt and has said he wants CL football so it's probably a no-go.

Could see him going to PSG. 

Shame, would like to see him in prem. 

17 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

See Olise is in the France provisional Olympic Squad. May have an impact on his future being decided one way or another early on in summer.

Clubs can block players from appearing in the Olympics. 

10 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Clubs can block players from appearing in the Olympics. 

Yeah, so interestingly, Chelsea have already blocked both Badiashile and Gusto from going. 

Depending on how interested he might be in playing in the Olympics, that could be a sticking point for signing him.

Would letting him go to that be an advantage? If so, is that something you'd want us to let him do?

27 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, so interestingly, Chelsea have already blocked both Badiashile and Gusto from going. 

Depending on how interested he might be in playing in the Olympics, that could be a sticking point for signing him.

Would letting him go to that be an advantage? If so, is that something you'd want us to let him do?

If that is what is needed to sign him, worth it.

in recent seasons we regularly seem to get Liverpool and City back to back, would he nice to buck that trend this time 

edit - sorry, wrong thread 

Edited by Ginola14

7 minutes ago, worthy said:

If that is what is needed to sign him, worth it.

Yeah, think I agree.

Going to be so interesting to see how everything plays out with him.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

To be very frank, I would be extremely surprised if he ended up signing for us. 

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Actually there was a blog on the Swiss Ramble about this today. Nut I don't have access.

Just read through it. It’s disappointing analysis tbh. He thinks we need to make about £44m in sales to balance the books, but I think he’s way off on our revenue gains. 

He’s missing about £6m the club has already said can be tied to the CL. I think he’s also missing at least a couple million in match day gains.

His commercial gains only include Sela and the Amazon doc, but leave out other new partners, the preseason, Australia, and Saudi/England friendlies.

He also added £20m in wages and other costs and I’m not sure about that (this does not include amortization increases).

There’s no way we’re sitting here needing to sell Bruno or Isak, which is his conclusion.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Just read through it. It’s disappointing analysis tbh. He thinks we need to make about £44m in sales to balance the books, but I think he’s way off on our revenue gains. 

He’s missing about £6m the club has already said can be tied to the CL. I think he’s also missing at least a couple million in match day gains.

His commercial gains only include Sela and the Amazon doc, but leave out other new partners, the preseason, Australia, and Saudi/England friendlies.

He also added £20m in wages and other costs and I’m not sure about that (this does not include amortization increases).

There’s no way we’re sitting here needing to sell Bruno or Isak, which is his conclusion.

Seems like this conversation is mainly happening in the FFP thread mate :)

That Begovic article was so weird at the weekend. Completely random and out of the blue but would have made quite a bit of sense only for it to be rubbished almost immediately

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson linked in the gossip column. Seems like another left winger of the Harvey Barnes variety.

Seen a lot from this guy being Icelandic myself. He is Championship level at best.

2 hours ago, elbee909 said:

Also name is too similar to John Dahl Tomasson.

Although Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson is similar to John Dahl Tomasson I can assure you the two are not related!

3 minutes ago, greydos said:

Although Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson is similar to John Dahl Tomasson I can assure you the two are not related!

Well yeah. :)

I imagine everything will properly kick off for most teams in a few weeks at the start of the new financial 3 years and as players start returning from the euros. There’s probably deals lined up which won’t be announced until July for some teams.