NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I was just thinking, as we are moving to squad cost the season after next it takes away the 3 year rolling period (if I’m not wrong). 

Now I’m no accountant but if I’m not mistaken this effectively nerfs selling players for FFP purposes. Because you get the sale proceeds in one financial year but you can’t go out and spend all of the proceedings in one year as you will suffer in your amortisation costs in the following years, so unless you’ve grown your revenue to offset the additional costs you have to sell again. 

if my understanding is correct. 

8 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Based on what Chelsea payed for Enzo and Caicedo, I would tell them 170 million is a hard floor for us

See, the problem is they are crass enough to bid that.

They paid what £120 million for Enzo?

I have no doubt they are crazy enough to put down close to £200 million for a young striker already producing in the league.

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I have no doubt they are crazy enough to put down close to £200 million for a young striker already producing in the league.

They paid 106m for Enzo and 115m for Caicedo

They reckon they can get Isak for 120m

I would be very sad

Edited by Jack27

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

I think other teams smell blood given our FFP situation. Legit better off taking points deductions than selling our jewels on the cheap. 

Yeah, reluctantly I'm in the same boat.

Then challenge the rules.

28 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

There’s a big difference between needing a sale for FFP to be selling your best player in the most important position. 

The FFP points deduction would probably be equivalent to losing Isak :lol:

I'm convinced we'd be punished more harshly than other clubs if we decide not to comply with the league's mandated selling. We'd probably be relegated :lol:

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Basically this tell them to fuck off.

You see it with the fans of other clubs too. 

They talk about signing Newcastle players like we are Sheffield United or something.

God I can't wait for this upcoming season. I've fully embraced us not making Europe. I want us to go crazy in the league and beat teams to a pulp.

Hoping we get things right in the window, and with the extra rest this season, we absolutely annihilate sides with a very aggressive style again.

If you have top players the top teams are going to want to buy them. It's the circle of football.

Every player has their price, what would people's prices be for Isak? Heard £120 million mentioned as a guess, that would make him the 3rd most expensive player of all time by £s. Any takers for that?

Edited by Checko

1 minute ago, Checko said:

If you have top players the top teams are going to want to buy them. It's the circle of football.

Every player has their price, what would people's prices be for Isak? Heard £120 million mentioned as a guess, that would make him the 3rd most expensive player of all time by £s. Any takers for that?

Nah they pay that for defensive midfielders, at least another £50M to make me even think about it

Not for sale! If any club wants him then it has to be ludicrous money. 180m+ and I’d be as ok as it’s possible to be even though it would suck in many ways. Mostly depends on how we would decide to spend that money though…..

Edited by Ikon

39 minutes ago, KaKa said:

At 200 I'd listen.

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Nah they pay that for defensive midfielders, at least another £50M to make me even think about it

£170 mil would be a lot of moolah. We could probably get Braithwaite and Calvert Lewin for that!