NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Minteh has been compared to Sadio Mane - both on the eye test and on the data. Bona fide wonderkid. 

That means he could develop into a beast of a striker, who finishes. All that while operating from our weakest position, RW. A Salah, a Palmer, a Saka. These are obviously the best in the PL and this is all hopeful hype. 

I would prefer we let either or any of the following leave for PSR (providing replacements are sourced before the season starts):

Longstaff
Anderson
Wilson
Targett
Trippier
Dubravka
Lascelles
Krafth
Almiron
Murphy
Burn
Willock
Lewis
Hayden
Pope
Kuol 
Ashby

The only untouchables for me: 

Bruno, Isak, Botman, Gordon, Barnes, Tonali, Miley, Kelly, Hall, Livramento, Schar

A turkish team is sniffing around him apparently, transp something

Only a post i saw on twatter

Minteh potential rising every day. Why aren’t PSG in for him? 

I mean, even Jahanbakhsh smashed it in Eredivise and was a wet blanket in prem because defenders were better and didn’t allow it so easy to just cut inside. Minteh needs to play elsewhere before he’s cemented as a legit talent. 

16 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Minteh has been compared to Sadio Mane - both on the eye test and on the data. Bona fide wonderkid. 

That means he could develop into a beast of a striker, who finishes. All that while operating from our weakest position, RW. A Salah, a Palmer, a Saka. These are obviously the best in the PL and this is all hopeful hype. 

I would prefer we let either or any of the following leave for PSR (providing replacements are sourced before the season starts):

Longstaff
Anderson
Wilson
Targett
Trippier
Dubravka
Lascelles
Krafth
Almiron
Murphy
Burn
Willock
Lewis
Hayden
Pope
Kuol 
Ashby

Bruno, Isak, Botman, Gordon, Barnes, Tonali, Miley, Kelly, Hall, Livramento, Schar

What that tells you:

- Minteh seems to be very highly rated around Europe

- a large portion of our squad don't

The caveat is that might be because of those players ages/wages. The downside is that they are older and more expensive for us to keep as well despite not being good enough.

21 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Longstaff
Anderson
Wilson
Targett
Trippier
Dubravka
Lascelles
Krafth
Almiron
Murphy
Burn
Willock
Lewis
Hayden
Pope
Kuol 
Ashby

I’d love to see the evidence for you saying he’s a bona fide wonder kid like [emoji38]

Barnes has a remaining net book value of £30.4m.  Even if we sold him for what we bought him for we'd only bank £7.6m profit this accounting period (probably less due to signing bonus and agent fees).

There's a reason Minteh is the one being touted as leaving - he's the only one where other clubs see value in closing a deal before June 30th.  All of the other players we'd be happy to let leave, we'd still be happy to let leave after June 30th.

The likely options are selling Minteh, selling a top player (Bruno/Isak) or failing PSR.

19 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I obviously need to watch Minteh more if he’s the next Salah. Jesus :lol:

It's frightening, it honestly is. He's gone from being a decent youngster to the next Mane. 

Hey look, he might, you never know but jeez people talk some complete bollocks.

Personally I'd like us to sell him just document the reaction on here.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

It's frightening, it honestly is. He's gone from being a decent youngster to the next Mane. 

Hey look, he might, you never know but jeez people talk some complete bollocks.

Personally I'd like us to sell him just document the reaction on here.

The interest from across Europe - Lyon's highest bid of all time, Slot's feeler interest from Liverpool, Champions League finalist interest in the lad - is all because the lad looks like the next Miggy Almiron I suppose

Just now, Upthemags said:

The interest from across Europe - Lyon's highest bid of all time, Slot's feeler interest from Liverpool, Champions League finalist interest in the lad - is all because the lad looks like the next Miggy Almiron I suppose

The way your brain works is mental.

Someone bids= next Messi. :lol:

We got 18m for Chris Wood man. Clearly Forest thought they were signing Shearer.

5 minutes ago, STM said:

The way your brain works is mental.

Someone bids= next Messi. :lol:

We got 18m for Chris Wood man. Clearly Forest thought they were signing Shearer.

I respect your skepticism, a good dose of which is prudent, but I'm gonna side with Dortmund and Liverpool on this one

Just now, Upthemags said:

I respect your skepticism, a good dose of which is prudent, but I'm gonna side with Dortmund and Liverpool on this one

Neither of which are clearly interested in signing him otherwise  they are being gazumped by the mighty Everton.

It's also interesting that the same people who trust Dortmunds scouts, have no interest in trusting our scouts. Or perhaps, some are just picking and choosing for arguements sake.

46 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Longstaff
Anderson
Wilson
Targett
Trippier
Dubravka
Lascelles
Krafth
Almiron
Murphy
Burn
Willock
Lewis
Hayden
Pope
Kuol 
Ashby

Maybe the club agree with you but other clubs aren’t bidding for Lewis etc are they.

Id prefer to sell Miggy for £100m but it ain’t happening. ASM was the only sale of note last year too, a lot of the squad just aren’t worth much in the transfer market (although many can still do a good job on the pitch)

3 hours ago, Menace said:

It's not the worst deal, but it's not really a great deal either. We're essentially hoping that DCL can get up and running again where as it seems a lot of clubs are fans of Mintehs potential. Somehow I think we will look back at this and think we should have kept him.

He has 4 goals and an assist in the last 6 and a bit games. He's been fit ages so no idea what this point is outside of needlessly knocking him

1 minute ago, STM said:

Neither of which are clearly interested in signing him otherwise  they are being gazumped by the mighty Everton.

It's also interesting that the same people who trust Dortmunds scouts, have no interest in trusting our scouts. Or perhaps, some are just picking and choosing for arguements sake.

Do you think Minteh is being sold off at the 11th hour because our scouts don't find him a prospect?

Seems much more likely - maybe even self-evident - that this sale is nothing more than an emergency lever to rebalance the books before breach.

Just now, WilliamPS said:

Maybe the club agree with you but other clubs aren’t bidding for Lewis etc are they.

Id prefer to sell Miggy for £100m but it ain’t happening. ASM was the only sale of note last year too, a lot of the squad just aren’t worth much in the transfer market (although many can still do a good job on the pitch)

And more critically, if people are interested in taking Miggy, they aren't interested right NOW. Which is the crucial part.

This is likely because any club with a brain knows that we are willing sellers and will wait until they can get the price down later in the window.

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

Do you think Minteh is being sold off at the 11th hour because our scouts don't find him a prospect?

Seems much more likely - maybe even self-evident - that this sale is nothing more than an emergency lever to rebalance the books before breach.

You've completely switched the conversation.

Yes it's a fire sale from us. A fire sale of a good prospect. That's all it is.

My argument stands: Just because any given club likes the look of a player doesn't mean said player is going to be a star, nor does it mean they won't be. It's an educated guess.

Presumably DCL would be an amazing signing, since we are interested in him and all scouts are correct? Can't have it both ways.

4 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

He has 4 goals and an assist in the last 6 and a bit games. He's been fit ages so no idea what this point is outside of needlessly knocking him

Ignoring that 2 of those goals were penalties, you can’t ignore the near 20 league games before that where he didn’t score.

It is 2 non-penalty goals in his last 25 league appearances.

Just now, STM said:

You've completely switched the conversation.

Yes it's a fire sale from us. A fire sale of a good prospect. That's all it is.

My argument stands: Just because any given club likes the look of a player doesn't mean said player is going to be a star, nor does it mean they won't be. It's an educated guess.

Presumably DCL would be an amazing signing, since we are interested in him and all scouts are correct? Can't have it both ways.

I wasn't the one who brought up what our scouts think of the lad - seems entirely a non sequitur to the point you're right.

The DCL point is just wrong.... Neither Dortmund nor Liverpool, (nor anyone else?), seems at all interested in him. The point I was making with Minteh is that elite clubs (plural) have showed interest, including the ones who were almost the champions of Europe, and a slew of other clubs as well at this point - Brighton and Lyon to name a couple. If you think that's one-for-one with DCL, cheers I guess.

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Ignoring that 2 of those goals were penalties, you can’t ignore the near 20 league games before that where he didn’t score.

It is 2 non-penalty goals in his last 25 league appearances.

I appreciate you get off on this ridiculous shite but seriously the post stated up and running and I pointed out his RECENT form to counter it. Fuck me man

Just now, Fezzle said:

I appreciate you get off on this ridiculous shite but seriously the post stated up and running and I pointed out his RECENT form to counter it. Fuck me man

Not at all, you are posting nonsense stats so I pointed it out.

If you are going to get upset about it then don’t post nonsense stats.