NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

True but he did have a good season. Five goals and nine assists in a poor team, and only 22. Would be a fun link if it wasn't juxtaposed next to a story about Gordon going to Liverpool. :lol:

Yeah, had a decent season. Would be cool for Isak too, signing another Swedish player.

Just now, KaKa said:

Yeah, had a decent season. Would be cool for Isak too, signing another Swedish player.

Definitely more believable given we know we are willing to sacrifice Anderson who doesn’t actually quite fit with what we are trying to do imo. 

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think Isak will find it more cool if we sign proper quality instead. Not that Elanga is absolutely shite or anything. 

Edited by Ikon

Elanga is another player who’s mostly decent in a very transitional team. It’s great to be good in transitions but imo we need genuine quality that also helps us in games where there isn’t that much transitioning. 

im “ok” with him if it’s as backup at best, and cheap cheap. 

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, duo said:

how does swapping help with PSR? other than you're not spending anything

For accounting purposes, say both players are valued at 10mill, both have a 10 million incoming onto the books but due to amortisation it's only 2mill going out for thus seasons accounts.

2 minutes ago, duo said:

They aren’t actually swap, they are two separate transactions so both parties can book the revenue amortise the cost. It’s why the accusations of inflating fees are levelled because it’s beneficial to do so for FFP purpose. 

Elanga is rapid and I was very impressed with him when Forrest thrashed us on Boxing Day. He's only 22, think he has much more potential than Anderson. As much as I'd love Anderson to be successful here I just think he's missing pace and isn't a goal threat to be a top player. Hope I'm wrong about him.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Is Elanga good enough to be the top class RW we need ? Genuine question as I’ve not watched him much.

He’s decent but I’d be quite disappointed if that was the big RW signing tbh 

Just now, gdm said:

He’s decent but I’d be quite disappointed if that was the big RW signing tbh 

100%. It’s hard to judge these potential signings until the window is finished. As a squad player, I’d rather have Elanga over Anderson.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Is Elanga good enough to be the top class RW we need ? Genuine question as I’ve not watched him much.

Wouldn't describe him as top class, no.

Really dangerous player though, as he's incredibly fast, carries the ball, and makes runs in behind. 5 goals and 9 assists for Forest in his first season as a starter in the league, for his age, is really decent.

Ideally, we'd sign a first team right winger and add Elanga as the squad option. With Almiron leaving.

Outside of Olise, I'm struggling to see which right winger of that calibre we could get. Wolves are talking about £60 million for Neto, and that is a big number, when you look at his injury history. Mbeumo would be a good addition, but at the £50 million Brentford want, not so sure.

Do we then go for someone like Elanga as the starter at a £25 million type fee, and use the extra budget on a better centre back and the Georgian goalie? And a top young prospect that can play upfront and out wide like Moukoko?

Going to be interesting to see what the thinking is. The right winger options aren't looking to plentiful, which is why I think we really made an effort for Olise.

I am just so utterly confused about what is going on with the club (its scope to succeed and ambitions), the PL, the transfer window and PSR atm. I’ve never wanted to just watch us play football more in my life. Just a game of football, you know, the thing that is the main thing that this whole sport is about. The rest is just mind numbing bollocks.

44 minutes ago, duo said:

Builds a narrative moving forward.

"We struggled to hold onto our best players because of PSR, it's not only strangling our ambition, it could have caused us to regress."