NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

38 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

That wouldn’t have been enough to stop this. 

and please, it wasn’t possible for us to know about his habit, he was doing illegal gambling via his phone no way for us to know that. Howe also said Tonali was his number 1 dream signing. 

Please understand the rules we are operating under, we need investment and it’s prohibited we’ve performed miracles yesterday and the cost to us at this stage is very little. 

Hald the Italian squad knew about it. As a child I knew of Gillespies gambling habit as a family member worked in thr bigg market bookies he'd lose all his wages in. Ashworth got blindsided by the fee and thought he'd bagged a bargain and rushed it through without proper due dilligence.

Maybe you should find someone at the club to try and patronise as it wasn't me who didn't understand the rules, left the club facing a double figure points deduction and within hours of it saved by a speculative punt from the season before. 👍

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Hald the Italian squad knew about it. As a child I knew of Gillespies gambling habit as a family member worked in thr bigg market bookies he'd lose all his wages in. Ashworth got blindsided by the fee and thought he'd bagged a bargain and rushed it through without proper due dilligence.

Maybe you should find someone at the club to try and patronise as it wasn't me who didn't understand the rules, left the club facing a double figure points deduction and within hours of it saved by a speculative punt from the season before. 👍

As I’ve mentioned, he wasn’t gambling with any bookies, even if he was how we would know which bookies he was going to? Ultimately your points don’t stand up to logic nor reason. Now it something was in the public domain prior to us buying him id be with you friend. 

I’m sure you know I’m not the guy sitting here singing the party line 

Just now, r0cafella said:

As I’ve mentioned, he wasn’t gambling with any bookies, even if he was how we would know which bookies he was going to? Ultimately your points don’t stand up to logic nor reason. Now it something was in the public domain prior to us buying him id be with you friend. 

I’m sure you know I’m not the guy sitting here singing the party line 

£100ks going in and out of his account. We didn't once check his financials? With gambling such a high risk with players and the outcome equalling lengthy vans, this is the type of DD you need to do... And yes specific jobs check your accounts to make sure you aren't a risk of bribary. 

Just now, Dokko said:

£100ks going in and out of his account. We didn't once check his financials? With gambling such a high risk with players and the outcome equalling lengthy vans, this is the type of DD you need to do... And yes specific jobs check your accounts to make sure you aren't a risk of bribary. 

How do you propose we check the cash movements of his personal private bank accounts?

53 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Not bought Tonali and Barnes. There was absolutely no need for Barnes, and Tonali was an all eggs in one basket vanity signing, which backfired spectacularly.

Does a struggling salesman suddenly start turning up on a bicycle? No. He turns up in a newer car. Perception.

39 minutes ago, Zero said:

I think the issue is the board genuinely expected Bruno to leave for 100m, and thought this would be the solution for the PSR black hole.

So when there is no offer for Bruno - crisis mode officially began.

I dont think it's so much they expected, but they didn't need to sell Minteh etc had Brunos clause been triggered.

At first we thought it was clever to time the clause to finish before tye accounting window closed meaning it would be harder for other clubs to trigger it, however it also left us little time if it wasn't.

12 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Honestly, what you are saying is batshit. :lol:

Highly doubt the club were expecting to sell him (Bruno), hoping nobody activated his release clause, sure.. but not actively trying to sell or even planning for his absence.

He’s also happy as a pig in shit here, he’d have given no club (through his agent) any encouragement to meet that release clause either.

PSR also playing a big part because not many can spend.

It makes me feel better though that Bruno's release clause was OUR idea and not his. Makes a lot of sense now. 

Think Gordon's head being turned is rubbish. He knows he's got a good thing with us here, he's not jumping ship yet. 

3 minutes ago, Lish007 said:

It makes me feel better though that Bruno's release clause was OUR idea and not his. Makes a lot of sense now. 

Think Gordon's head being turned is rubbish. He knows he's got a good thing with us here, he's not jumping ship yet. 

Wor Anthony loves it here. Already said there’s no better place to play football.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

I'm not sure potential signings have to let us go through their personal finances. They might do some sort of financial check to see there aren't bankruptcy proceedings or bad debts etc, but that would be through an agency that does a check and gives you back a result, like if you go to work for a bank. It's not inspecting your bank statements line by line. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

39 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'm not sure potential signings have to let us go through their personal finances. They might do some sort of financial check to see there aren't bankruptcy proceedings or bad debts etc, but that would be through an agency that does a check and gives you back a result, like if you go to work for a bank. It's not inspecting your bank statements line by line. 

If you go and work for certain government bodies depending on the classification of data you have to

2 hours ago, STM said:

We are going to spend some money in anger this summer.

I'd like to think so since all we've really done so far is sell a couple of promising youngsters, buy a young defender and a couple of washed up keepers for back up.

53 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Been here before like but there are methods of finding out about a players character, habits, friendship circles which aren't reliant on CCHQ style surveillance. It happens all the time in the US in the pre-draft process and it basically relies on conversations. I don't think anyone should have been going through his bank statements but I also don't think the 'how could we possibly have known?' argument passes the smell test. There are ways we could have gotten wind of his habits, we just didn't choose to use them. Whether you think that means the recruitment team failed or not depends on what your view of the research process for bringing in a big money signing should look like/involve.

7 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Been here before like but there are methods of finding out about a players character, habits, friendship circles which aren't reliant on CCHQ style surveillance. It happens all the time in the US in the pre-draft process and it basically relies on conversations. I don't think anyone should have been going through his bank statements but I also don't think the 'how could we possibly have known?' argument passes the smell test. There are ways we could have gotten wind of his habits, we just didn't choose to use them. Whether you think that means the recruitment team failed or not depends on what your view of the research process for bringing in a big money signing should look like/involve.

I dont think the "conversations" thing passes any smell test when you're trying to fund out about something someone specifically wants kept hidden. Yeah you may find out he's a bit of a twat when drunk, likes blonds, hates Guinness etc but illegal gambling wouldn't be something just dropped into gossip.

The whole thing smacks of "I need someone to blame" when the only person to blame is Tonali.

Edited by madras

2 minutes ago, madras said:

I dot think the "conversations" thing passes any smell test when you're trying to fund out about something someone specifically wants kept hidden. Yeah you may find out he's a bit of a twat when drunk, likes blonds, hates Guinness etc but illegal gambling wouldn't be something just dropped into gossip.

The whole thing smacks of "I need someone to blame" when the only person to blame is Tonali.

Our senses of smell are different, that’s fine.

Not convinced he wanted to keep it hidden or if he did, that he managed it, given the stories of him ‘ring-leading’/it involving others.

Edited by Dr Venkman